|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Hired Out".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Cook have his traps set for in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
2. When was Thomas Jefferson born?
(a) September 19, 1749.
(b) April 13, 1743.
(c) March 28, 1760.
(d) January 5, 1732.
3. What were the names of the two men who helped Denmark Vesey in the resurrection by building homemade pikes?
(a) John Chase and William Bailey.
(b) Charles Nalle and John A. Andrew.
(c) Henry K. Durrant and George Ticknor Curtis.
(d) Peter Poyas and Mingo Harth.
4. One of Maryland’s boundaries is a river. What was this river called?
(a) The Niagara River.
(b) The Potomac River.
(c) The Delaware River.
(d) Big Buckwater River.
5. What special day occurred at the end of the month, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old”?
(a) Remission day.
(b) Arbor day.
(c) Tax day.
(d) Issue day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Denmark Vesey bought his freedom when he was how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 1: “The Quarter,” Chesapeake Bay forms the western boundary of the section of Maryland that is sometimes called what?
3. When did the American Revolutionary War take place?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 2: “The First Years” that “Like all the other babies in the quarter, Harriet Ross cut her first teeth on” what?
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years,” Denmark Vesey quoted the following from what book in the Old Testament before the resurrection: “Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee”?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)