|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Hired Out".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Jefferson was President of the United States during what years?
2. What was Mrs. Cook’s profession in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
(a) She was a horse trainer.
(b) She was a teacher.
(c) She was a baker.
(d) She was a weaver.
3. What did Mr. Cook have his traps set for in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
4. Harriet Greene was usually called what, according to the narrator inChapter 1: “The Quarter”?
(a) Old Doc.
(b) Old Bird.
(c) Old Rit.
(d) Old Cat.
5. In what year was Harriet Tubman born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Denmark Vesey bought his freedom when he was how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
2. In describing Benjamin Ross, the narrator says in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old,” “All through the plantation, from the Big House to the stables, to the fields, he had a reputation for” what?
3. What name was Harriet Tubman called as a child?
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 1: “The Quarter,” Chesapeake Bay forms the western boundary of the section of Maryland that is sometimes called what?
5. What Secretary of State was persuaded in 1826 to ask the Canadian government to work out a plan to return runaway slaves to their owners?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)