|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: "Hired Out".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the American Revolutionary War take place?
2. What was the nearest village to the plantation where Harriet Tubman was born?
3. The woman who came looking for a young female slave to hire out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out” was married to whom?
(a) Peter Cook.
(b) Matthew Cook.
(c) Andrew Cook.
(d) James Cook.
4. Denmark Vesey bought his freedom when he was how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
5. One of Maryland’s boundaries is a river. What was this river called?
(a) The Niagara River.
(b) The Delaware River.
(c) Big Buckwater River.
(d) The Potomac River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In describing Benjamin Ross, the narrator says in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old,” “All through the plantation, from the Big House to the stables, to the fields, he had a reputation for” what?
2. Where did Denmark Vesey and his followers plan to kill all of the white people, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
3. What was the chief crop on the Eastern shore at the time when Harriet was hired out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
4. Who was Harriet Greene’s husband?
5. How many siblings did Harriet Tubman have in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)