|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harriet told the fugitive slaves in Chapter 14: “The Railroad Runs to Canada” that William Garrett was of what religion?
(a) He was a Quaker.
(b) He was a Baptist.
(c) He was a Methodist.
(d) He was a Catholic.
2. What did Mr. Cook have his traps set for in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years,” Denmark Vesey quoted the following from what book in the Old Testament before the resurrection: “Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee”?
(a) The Book of Ezekiel.
(b) The Book of Habakkuk.
(c) The Book of Exodus.
(d) The Book of Zechariah.
4. What month was it that Harriet was leading the fugitives to Canada in the beginning of Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
5. Why did Harriet feel guilty after the death of Edward Brodas?
(a) She abetted his murder.
(b) She killed him while he slept.
(c) She thought her prayers killed him.
(d) She stole the master’s fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Henry Clay make a second plea to the government of Canada, according to the author in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
2. What ailment did Harriet contract while working for the Cooks in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
3. When the search for Shadrach finally ended, he was sent by the Boston Vigilance Committee where via the Underground Railroad?
4. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet,” when Harriet would think of running away, what would stop her?
5. After Harriet and her brothers turn back from fleeing, she learns they’ve been sold to a slave trader from where in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)