|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harriet ran away from Miss Susan in Chapter 5: “Flight” she stayed in a pigpen from Friday until when?
2. Benjamin and John Ross worked for whom in Bucktown in Chapter 16: “Be Ready to Step on Board”?
(a) Charles Nalle.
(b) Catherine Kane.
(c) Eliza Ann Brodins.
(d) George Ticknor Curtis.
3. Harriet told the fugitives about William and Ellen Craft escaping from where in Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
(a) Huntsville, Alabama.
(b) Columbia, South Carolina.
(c) Macon, Georgia.
(d) Jackson, Mississippi.
4. In what county does the author describe parties at the big plantations during harvest time in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
(a) Dorchester County.
(b) Jefferson County.
(c) Talbot County.
(d) Trinity County.
5. Who in Harriet’s fugitive party was able to read and read the wanted poster in Chapter 18: “A Wagon Load of Bricks”?
(a) William Still.
(b) Joe Bailey.
(c) Jacob Jackson.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of William Henry Ross’s fiancée that he brought with him on the trip North in Chapter 16: “Be Ready to Step on Board”?
2. What Secretary of State was persuaded in 1826 to ask the Canadian government to work out a plan to return runaway slaves to their owners?
3. What was the name of Harriet’s sister Mary’s husband?
4. What was the name of the slave trader that Harriet and her brothers were sold to in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
5. How many slaves were hung along with Denmark Vesey for plotting the insurrection, according to the author in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)