|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 2: “The First Years” that “Like all the other babies in the quarter, Harriet Ross cut her first teeth on” what?
(a) “A piece of pork rind.”
(b) “A slice of apple.”
(c) “Stale bread.”
(d) “Beef ribs.”
2. What did the overseer throw at the runaway slave but instead hit Harriet with it in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
(a) A two-pound weight.
(b) A log.
(c) A rock.
(d) A hatchet.
3. Where did Harriet stop to buy some chickens in Chapter 19: “The Old Folks Go North”?
(a) Macon, Georgia.
(b) Bucktown, Maryland.
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) Troy, New York.
4. Harriet asked a friend to write a cryptic letter to what free negro that lived near the plantation where her brothers were in Chapter 16: “Be Ready to Step on Board”?
(a) Jacob Jackson.
(b) Joe Bailey.
(c) Jefferson Davis.
(d) John A. Andrew.
5. It was December of what year that Harriet Tubman set out with the band of fugitives she planned to take to Canada in Chapter 14: “The Railroad Runs to Canada”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how old was Peter Pennington described as in the wanted poster in Chapter 18: “A Wagon Load of Bricks”?
2. As the legends of Moses spread through Dorchester and Caroline Counties, the overseers and masters would discover slaves missing, but they claimed that nothing out of the usual had occurred except for hearing the out-of-season call of what bird?
3. In what year was Harriet Ross married to John Tubman?
4. How old was Harriet when “the whispering about freedom increased,” according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
5. William Still supplied Harriet with money and sent her and the refugees on to what city in Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)