|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: "Shuck This Corn".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves were hung along with Denmark Vesey for plotting the insurrection, according to the author in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
2. Denmark Vesey bought his freedom when he was how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
3. Who published the first issue of The Liberator?
(a) Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
(b) George Ticknor Curtis.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) William Henry Ross.
4. Harriet was how old in the summer of 1826?
5. Where did Denmark Vesey and his followers plan to kill all of the white people, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
(a) Bucktown, Maryland.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the overseer throw at the runaway slave but instead hit Harriet with it in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
2. How many siblings did Harriet Tubman have in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
3. Who told Harriet that Edward Brodas had died in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
4. What were the names of the two men who helped Denmark Vesey in the resurrection by building homemade pikes?
5. In what county does the author describe parties at the big plantations during harvest time in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)