|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: "The Legend of Moses".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet,” when Harriet would think of running away, what would stop her?
(a) Her dignity.
(b) Her feelings of insecurity.
(c) Her love for the Master.
(d) Her head injury.
2. How much wood did Harriet usually cut per day as a part of her father’s team in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
(a) Two cords.
(b) One cord.
(c) Four cords.
(d) Half a cord.
3. What special day occurred at the end of the month, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old”?
(a) Issue day.
(b) Arbor day.
(c) Tax day.
(d) Remission day.
4. Who does Old Rit say is in Cambridge staying at the tavern in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
(a) The Governor.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The trader.
5. When was Thomas Jefferson born?
(a) January 5, 1732.
(b) September 19, 1749.
(c) April 13, 1743.
(d) March 28, 1760.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shadrach was arrested in Boston on what date and charged with being a fugitive slave?
2. What food did Harriet take with her when she fled North alone in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
3. The man who was to oversee the plantation after Edward Brodas’s death was a minister where?
4. After Harriet and her brothers turn back from fleeing, she learns they’ve been sold to a slave trader from where in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
5. Why did Harriet feel guilty after the death of Edward Brodas?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)