|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wishwater look like?
(a) Muddy and thick.
(b) Silver and silky.
(c) Dark and glittery.
(d) Dazzling and colorful.
2. Who is Blabbermouth?
(a) A Page.
(b) A prince.
(c) A Water Genie.
(d) A princess.
3. Who is Soraya?
(a) Haroun's father.
(b) Haroun's aunt.
(c) Haroun's mother.
(d) Haroun's sister.
4. What is Rashid's vocation?
5. Who is Prince Bolo betrothed to?
(a) Princess Batcheat.
(b) Princess Uglymug.
(c) Princess Snaggletooth.
(d) Princess Snickermole.
6. What is Wishwater?
(a) Water that can make the drinker invisible.
(b) Water that can grant the drinker amazing dreams.
(c) Water that can make the drinker's wishes come true.
(d) Water that can make anything grow anywhere.
7. What does Haroun ask Butt for?
(a) Front row seats in his coach and a trip to Dull Lake.
(b) Back row seats in his coach and a trip back home.
(c) Back row seats
(d) Front row seats
8. Which animal does Haroun's bed take the shape of?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A fish.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A peacock
9. Is Moody Land a real place?
(b) Moody Land is not mentioned in the story.
10. Who is Butt?
(a) A lovely young woman from the local college.
(b) A dirty child from a poor neighborhood.
(c) A large man Haroun meets at the bus station.
(d) A dubious man from the sewers.
11. How fast does Butt drive?
(b) Very fast.
(c) Somewhat fast.
(d) Very slow.
12. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
(a) Because when he woke up he was upside down.
(b) Because the story was told backwards.
(c) Because the water he drank was polluted.
(d) Because Iff poisoned the story.
13. What is Haroun's opinion of Rashid's stories?
(a) He finds them fascinating.
(b) He finds them exciting.
(c) He finds them annoying.
(d) He finds them boring.
14. Where do the people of Kahani get their treats from?
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Moon.
15. Why are Rashid and Haroun forced to buy a bus ticket?
(a) Because they wish to chase after Soraya.
(b) Because their car gets stolen.
(c) Because the politicos have their own private bus.
(d) Because thugs drop them off at the bus depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Haroun?
2. How long ago did a bus plunge into the gully?
3. Where is Bezaban located?
4. Why is it difficult to get a ticket for the buses leaving the depot?
5. Do Floating Gardeners like to talk?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)