|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
(a) To get his father's cancelled subscription reversed.
(b) To find Buttoo a new tie.
(c) To find his mother, Soraya.
(d) To talk to the Walrus about becoming a Storyteller.
2. Where is the Town of G?
(a) In the Dull Lake.
(b) In the Valley of K.
(c) In the Mountains of M.
(d) The Town of G does not exist.
3. Who meets Rashid and Haroun at the railway station?
(a) Twin teachers.
(b) Two firemen.
(c) Two politicos.
(d) Two children.
4. Why does Iff agree to take Haroun to Gup City?
(a) Because Iff feels sorry for Rashid.
(b) Because Rashid pays him hansomely.
(c) Because Haroun has his Disconnector.
(d) Because Buttoo is in love with Iff's wife.
5. Where is Dull Lake?
(a) Near the Town of G.
(b) Near the Valley of K.
(c) In the sad city that forgot its name.
(d) Dull Lake does not exist.
6. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
(a) Because he is boring and dull.
(b) Because he acts mean and murderous.
(c) Because he ignores them completely.
(d) Because he drives like a maniac.
7. What does Haorun think Butt's hair is like?
8. What is the only word Rashid can say at the end of Chapter 1?
9. What is Rashid's vocation?
10. Do Floating Gardeners like to talk?
(b) Floating Gardeners do not talk.
(d) Only sometimes.
11. What does Haroun think of the people they meet at the railway station?
(a) He is amazed by them.
(b) He does not trust them.
(c) He likes them a lot.
(d) He does not know what to think about them.
12. Who are the Pages of Gup?
(a) The army of Gup.
(b) The friends of Gup.
(c) The saints of Gup.
(d) The enemies of Gup.
13. What does Blabbermouth think of Batcheat?
(a) Blabbermouth does not know Batcheat.
(b) Blabbermouth does not like Batcheat.
(c) Blabbermouth loves Batcheat.
(d) Blabbermouth is neutral toward Batcheat.
14. What is a floating gardener?
(a) A man who tends to exotic flowers.
(b) A fairy who writes music about gardens.
(c) A cloud that plants seeds.
(d) A creature who weeds stories.
15. Where is the Land of Chup located?
(a) Valley of K.
(b) Dark Side of Kahani.
(c) Twilight Strip.
(d) Dull Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the water look like in Gup City?
2. Who does Rashid blame as the reason he has lost his ability to tell stories?
3. What happens when Haroun drinks the story water Iff gives him?
4. Why does Blabbermouth threaten Haroun?
5. Where is the P2C2E House located?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)