|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brother and sisters does Haroun have?
(a) One brother and one sister.
(b) Two brothers and five sisters.
(c) Three bothers and two sisters.
2. Who is the leader of the Chupwalas?
(c) Prince Bolo.
3. Why is Kahani invisible?
(a) Because it spins too fast.
(b) Because it does not exist.
(c) Because it is made up of space.
(d) Because it is cloaked in shadow.
4. What is a Hoopoe?
(a) A petite glass dolphin.
(b) A rubber fish.
(c) A mechanical bird.
(d) A giant hairy elephant.
5. What does Blabbermouth think of Batcheat?
(a) Blabbermouth does not know Batcheat.
(b) Blabbermouth is neutral toward Batcheat.
(c) Blabbermouth does not like Batcheat.
(d) Blabbermouth loves Batcheat.
6. What shape is Buttoo's houseboat?
(a) A fish.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) A swan.
(d) A crocodile.
7. What vehicle does Butt drive?
(a) A horse drawn carriage.
(b) A mail coach.
(c) A double decker bus.
(d) A large SUV.
8. Who is Buttoo?
(a) The Big Boss.
(b) The Lost Boy.
(c) The Lonely Servant.
(d) The Winning Politician.
9. Does Prince Bolo love his betrothed?
(a) Only a little.
(c) Prince Bolo is not betrothed to wed.
10. What is a floating gardener?
(a) A man who tends to exotic flowers.
(b) A fairy who writes music about gardens.
(c) A cloud that plants seeds.
(d) A creature who weeds stories.
11. Is Moody Land a real place?
(c) Moody Land is not mentioned in the story.
12. What is Haroun's opinion of Rashid's stories?
(a) He finds them boring.
(b) He finds them exciting.
(c) He finds them annoying.
(d) He finds them fascinating.
13. Who is Rashid?
(a) Haroun's mother.
(b) Haroun's brother.
(c) Haroun's sister.
(d) Haroun's father.
14. Who does Soraya run off with?
(a) Oneeta Sengputa.
(d) Mr. Sengupta.
15. Who is Khattam-Shud?
(a) A lovely and soft duchess.
(b) A sweet and youthful girl.
(c) A dark and evil prince.
(d) A quiet and thoughtful wiseman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
2. Do Floating Gardeners like to talk?
3. Who sneaks into Buttoo's houseboat while Rashid and Haroun are sleeping?
4. Why does Buttoo fly into a rage?
5. Why does Iff give Haroun the story water to drink?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)