|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Storytellers need to tell their stories?
(a) Language Pies.
(b) Character Pudding.
(c) Story Water.
(d) Plot Danishes.
2. What is a Hoopoe?
(a) A rubber fish.
(b) A mechanical bird.
(c) A petite glass dolphin.
(d) A giant hairy elephant.
3. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
(a) Because he ignores them completely.
(b) Because he is boring and dull.
(c) Because he drives like a maniac.
(d) Because he acts mean and murderous.
4. What does Haroun think of the people they meet at the railway station?
(a) He likes them a lot.
(b) He does not know what to think about them.
(c) He does not trust them.
(d) He is amazed by them.
5. What is a floating gardener?
(a) A cloud that plants seeds.
(b) A man who tends to exotic flowers.
(c) A creature who weeds stories.
(d) A fairy who writes music about gardens.
6. Who are the Pages of Gup?
(a) The army of Gup.
(b) The enemies of Gup.
(c) The saints of Gup.
(d) The friends of Gup.
7. Why is it difficult to get a ticket for the buses leaving the depot?
(a) There are not enough buses for all the people.
(b) Tickets only go on sale for five minutes at a time.
(c) The buses only take people of a certain age.
(d) Tickets are very inexpensive so there is very high demand.
8. Why does Iff agree to take Haroun to Gup City?
(a) Because Rashid pays him hansomely.
(b) Because Iff feels sorry for Rashid.
(c) Because Haroun has his Disconnector.
(d) Because Buttoo is in love with Iff's wife.
9. What does Wishwater look like?
(a) Muddy and thick.
(b) Dazzling and colorful.
(c) Silver and silky.
(d) Dark and glittery.
10. What is the only word Rashid can say at the end of Chapter 1?
11. How does the Hoopoe communicate?
(a) With music.
(b) With gestures.
12. What separates the Chuppwalas and the Guppees from each other?
(a) A wall of force.
(b) A desert.
(c) A watery series of caves.
(d) A thorny forest.
13. Who sneaks into Buttoo's houseboat while Rashid and Haroun are sleeping?
(a) A sparkle faerie.
(b) A water genie.
(c) A slimey toad.
(d) A lithe dancer.
14. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
(a) Because when he woke up he was upside down.
(b) Because the water he drank was polluted.
(c) Because the story was told backwards.
(d) Because Iff poisoned the story.
15. Is Moody Land a real place?
(a) Moody Land is not mentioned in the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rashid's reaction to the news of Soraya's disappearance?
2. What happens when Haroun drinks the story water Iff gives him?
3. What color is Batcheat's hair?
4. Who does Rashid blame as the reason he has lost his ability to tell stories?
5. Why are Rashid and Haroun forced to buy a bus ticket?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)