|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Twilight Strip?
(a) A section of cloth that is very valuable to the people of Gup.
(b) A special type of ritual makeup used by the people of Chup.
(c) A section of territory that divides the light and dark side of Kahani.
(d) A slang term for a special type of sandal.
2. How does Blabbermouth treat Haroun when they first meet?
(a) Blabbermouth and Haroun never meet.
(b) Hostility .
3. Where is the Town of G?
(a) In the Mountains of M.
(b) In the Valley of K.
(c) In the Dull Lake.
(d) The Town of G does not exist.
4. How does Buttoo dress?
5. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
(a) Because Iff poisoned the story.
(b) Because when he woke up he was upside down.
(c) Because the water he drank was polluted.
(d) Because the story was told backwards.
6. Who is Soraya?
(a) Haroun's mother.
(b) Haroun's aunt.
(c) Haroun's sister.
(d) Haroun's father.
7. Who is also known as the "Shah of Blah"?
(d) Mr. Sengupta.
8. Who is Mali?
(a) A Floating Gardener.
(b) A king.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) A Plentimaw Fishes.
9. What is a Hoopoe?
(a) A mechanical bird.
(b) A petite glass dolphin.
(c) A giant hairy elephant.
(d) A rubber fish.
10. What does P2C2E stand for?
(a) Pills Too Cold To Eat.
(b) Possibly Too Calm To Evaporate.
(c) Process Too Complicated To Explain.
(d) Probably Too Complicated To Explore.
11. Who is the leader of the Chupwalas?
(a) Prince Bolo.
12. What does Haorun think Butt's hair is like?
13. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
(a) To talk to the Walrus about becoming a Storyteller.
(b) To find his mother, Soraya.
(c) To find Buttoo a new tie.
(d) To get his father's cancelled subscription reversed.
14. Why do Haroun and Rashid switch rooms while on the houseboat?
(a) Because they are scared.
(b) Because they want to trick Buttoo.
(c) Because they like the decor of the room that is not theirs.
(d) Because they can't sleep.
15. What do the factories around Haroun's home town produce?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brother and sisters does Haroun have?
2. Where do the people of Kahani get their treats from?
3. Where does the Gup army meet before pulling out of the city?
4. What is a floating gardener?
5. What is Rashid's reaction to the news of Soraya's disappearance?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)