|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
(a) Because he is boring and dull.
(b) Because he ignores them completely.
(c) Because he acts mean and murderous.
(d) Because he drives like a maniac.
2. What is Batcheat's biggest flaw?
(a) She wears ugly clothing.
(b) She is very rude.
(c) She can only speak backwards.
(d) She sings horribly.
3. Why does Buttoo fly into a rage?
(a) Because he does not want to hear gloomy stories.
(b) Because Haroun calls him a thief and a liar.
(c) Because his wife leaves him for the local baker.
(d) Because Rashid steals his money.
4. How many brother and sisters does Haroun have?
(a) Two brothers and five sisters.
(b) Three bothers and two sisters.
(d) One brother and one sister.
5. Who is Butt?
(a) A dirty child from a poor neighborhood.
(b) A dubious man from the sewers.
(c) A lovely young woman from the local college.
(d) A large man Haroun meets at the bus station.
6. What is a Hoopoe?
(a) A rubber fish.
(b) A mechanical bird.
(c) A giant hairy elephant.
(d) A petite glass dolphin.
7. Who is Prince Bolo betrothed to?
(a) Princess Snaggletooth.
(b) Princess Snickermole.
(c) Princess Batcheat.
(d) Princess Uglymug.
8. What is Moody Land?
(a) An underwater world where everyone is sad and blue.
(b) A school that teaches the magic of Moody.
(c) A country that changes depending upon the mood of its residents.
(d) A theme park full of sad mascots and visitors.
9. Where do the people of Kahani get their treats from?
(b) The Moon.
(c) The Sun.
10. Who does Rashid blame as the reason he has lost his ability to tell stories?
11. What is the only word Rashid can say at the end of Chapter 1?
12. Why is Rashid accused of being a spy?
(a) Because he is found in enemy territory.
(b) Because he holds an enemy weapon.
(c) Because he lost the gift of gab.
(d) Because he dresses unusually.
13. Who is Khattam-Shud?
(a) A lovely and soft duchess.
(b) A dark and evil prince.
(c) A quiet and thoughtful wiseman.
(d) A sweet and youthful girl.
14. Who is Soraya?
(a) Haroun's aunt.
(b) Haroun's mother.
(c) Haroun's father.
(d) Haroun's sister.
15. What shape is Buttoo's houseboat?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A fish.
(c) A swan.
(d) A crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a floating gardener?
2. Why do Haroun and Rashid switch rooms while on the houseboat?
3. Who is General Kitab?
4. What does the water look like in Gup City?
5. Who is Haroun?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)