|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Blabbermouth's hair?
2. Which animal does Haroun's bed take the shape of?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A peacock
(c) A fish.
(d) A monkey.
3. How do the bus drivers tease the passengers wanting to get on the buses?
(a) They open their doors and then shut them.
(b) They walk around pretending to chat with people.
(c) They turn on and off their engines.
(d) They drive very slowly around the depot.
4. Why does Butt not stop to pick up the mail?
(a) So he can impress Rashid and Haroun.
(b) So he can make it home in time for dinner.
(c) So he can keep his promise to Haroun.
(d) So he can set a record.
5. How fast does Butt drive?
(a) Very fast.
(b) Very slow.
(c) Somewhat fast.
6. What does Haroun think of the people they meet at the railway station?
(a) He likes them a lot.
(b) He does not know what to think about them.
(c) He is amazed by them.
(d) He does not trust them.
7. Who does the Hoopoe remind Haroun of?
8. Who is the leader of the Chupwalas?
(c) Prince Bolo.
9. Who is also known as the "Shah of Blah"?
(c) Mr. Sengupta.
10. What is a floating gardener?
(a) A fairy who writes music about gardens.
(b) A man who tends to exotic flowers.
(c) A creature who weeds stories.
(d) A cloud that plants seeds.
11. Why does Blabbermouth threaten Haroun?
(a) Because Haroun laughs at Blabbermouth.
(b) Because Haroun knows of Blabbermouth's family history.
(c) Because Haroun kisses Blabbermouth.
(d) Because Haroun knows their secret.
12. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
(a) To get his father's cancelled subscription reversed.
(b) To find his mother, Soraya.
(c) To find Buttoo a new tie.
(d) To talk to the Walrus about becoming a Storyteller.
13. Who is Soraya?
(a) Haroun's father.
(b) Haroun's sister.
(c) Haroun's aunt.
(d) Haroun's mother.
14. What color is Batcheat's hair?
15. What is Haroun's opinion of Rashid's stories?
(a) He finds them boring.
(b) He finds them exciting.
(c) He finds them annoying.
(d) He finds them fascinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
2. Where does the Gup army meet before pulling out of the city?
3. What do Storytellers need to tell their stories?
4. What color is Iff's hair?
5. What does Blabbermouth think of Batcheat?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)