|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the story Haroun dreams strange?
(a) Because the water he drank was polluted.
(b) Because Iff poisoned the story.
(c) Because the story was told backwards.
(d) Because when he woke up he was upside down.
2. Who is Haroun?
(a) The antagonist.
(b) The narrator.
(c) There is no one named Haroun in the story.
(d) The protagonist.
3. Who is Blabbermouth?
(a) A Water Genie.
(b) A Page.
(c) A princess.
(d) A prince.
4. What is the other name for the Parliament of Gup?
5. Which tool does the Disconnector most closely resemble?
(a) A saw.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A wrench.
(d) A hammer.
6. Who are Goopy and Bagha?
(c) Floating Gardeners.
(d) Plentimaw Fishes.
7. What color is the cup Iff gives to Haroun?
8. Who is Prince Bolo betrothed to?
(a) Princess Snickermole.
(b) Princess Uglymug.
(c) Princess Batcheat.
(d) Princess Snaggletooth.
9. Who is General Kitab?
(a) The leader of Gup's army.
(b) The leader of the Floating Books.
(c) The leader of Chup's army.
(d) The leader of the Plentimaw Fishes.
10. Who does Rashid blame as the reason he has lost his ability to tell stories?
11. Who are the Pages of Gup?
(a) The saints of Gup.
(b) The friends of Gup.
(c) The army of Gup.
(d) The enemies of Gup.
12. What separates the Chuppwalas and the Guppees from each other?
(a) A watery series of caves.
(b) A thorny forest.
(c) A desert.
(d) A wall of force.
13. What color is Batcheat's hair?
14. Why does Iff give Haroun the story water to drink?
(a) Because Haroun asks for it.
(b) Because Haroun is thirsty.
(c) Because Haroun is curious about what it does.
(d) Because Haroun is sad.
15. What does Haroun ask Butt for?
(a) Back row seats
(b) Front row seats
(c) Front row seats in his coach and a trip to Dull Lake.
(d) Back row seats in his coach and a trip back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is also known as the "Shah of Blah"?
2. Why does Haroun wish to go to Gup City?
3. Why is Kahani invisible?
4. How fast does Butt drive?
5. Where did "The Walrus" get his name from?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)