|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Buttoo?
(a) The Winning Politician.
(b) The Big Boss.
(c) The Lost Boy.
(d) The Lonely Servant.
2. What is Batcheat's biggest flaw?
(a) She sings horribly.
(b) She is very rude.
(c) She wears ugly clothing.
(d) She can only speak backwards.
3. Who is Mali?
(a) A king.
(b) A Plentimaw Fishes.
(c) A Floating Gardener.
(d) A storyteller.
4. Who is Mr. Sengupta?
(a) Haroun's doctor.
(b) Haroun's mentor.
(c) Haroun's stepfather.
(d) Haroun's neighbor.
5. What happens to Rashid at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He is threatened to do better,
(b) He is run over by the bus.
(c) He is tossed off the train.
(d) He is fired.
6. What is the Twilight Strip?
(a) A section of territory that divides the light and dark side of Kahani.
(b) A special type of ritual makeup used by the people of Chup.
(c) A section of cloth that is very valuable to the people of Gup.
(d) A slang term for a special type of sandal.
7. What is a Hoopoe?
(a) A giant hairy elephant.
(b) A rubber fish.
(c) A mechanical bird.
(d) A petite glass dolphin.
8. Why do the passengers fear for their lives while riding with Butt?
(a) Because he acts mean and murderous.
(b) Because he drives like a maniac.
(c) Because he is boring and dull.
(d) Because he ignores them completely.
9. How many soliders does Buttoo travel with?
10. What color is Batcheat's hair?
11. Why does Iff agree to take Haroun to Gup City?
(a) Because Rashid pays him hansomely.
(b) Because Haroun has his Disconnector.
(c) Because Buttoo is in love with Iff's wife.
(d) Because Iff feels sorry for Rashid.
12. What does Blabbermouth think of Batcheat?
(a) Blabbermouth loves Batcheat.
(b) Blabbermouth does not know Batcheat.
(c) Blabbermouth is neutral toward Batcheat.
(d) Blabbermouth does not like Batcheat.
13. Who is Prince Bolo betrothed to?
(a) Princess Batcheat.
(b) Princess Uglymug.
(c) Princess Snickermole.
(d) Princess Snaggletooth.
14. Who are Goopy and Bagha?
(a) Floating Gardeners.
(c) Plentimaw Fishes.
15. What does the water look like in Gup City?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haroun think of the people they meet at the railway station?
2. How many people were killed on the bus that plunged into the gully?
3. What does Haroun ask Butt for?
4. What does Kosh-Mar mean?
5. Why does Butt not stop to pick up the mail?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)