|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the exile who is added to Harry's team in Part V, Chapter thirty-eight?
2. Where does Hunt have the leaders of the group in charge of taking out Castro transferred to?
3. During a letter, Harry's father tells him he has reunited with his ex-wife; who is he distraught over committing suicide?
4. Who is Harry meeting with who starts to have a heart attack in Part V, Chapter thirteen?
5. Where does Harry vacation with his mother and afterward meets with a special group about sabotaging Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chevi after he is arrested and his cover is blown?
2. How does Harry describe the new CIA headquarters from I-J-K-L to Langley?
3. How do Hugh and Kittredge help Harry with the Boris situation?
4. In Part Six, Chapters 11 - 20, how do the people in Harry's life start acting strangely?
5. How is Harry's regressing also symbolized as a blow to America's ego in the early 1960's after the failure at the Bay of Pigs?
6. Who does Harry report his information to, and how is he serving several masters?
7. What does Fidel Castro talk about in an interview to journalist Jean Daniel?
8. Who is Chevi and how has he become important to the Agency?
9. How does Harry begin to have problems with Chevi in the second part of Mongoose?
10. Why does Arnie Rosen seem to have a grudge against Harry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part V, Chapters 1 - 10 of "Harlot's Ghost", the character of Modene is introduced. She becomes an important character in Harry's life. Analyze the character of Modene, and examine her affect on Harry. How does Harry meet Modene? How does Modene mirror Kittredge? Who is Modene dating who is famous? How does Modene remind Harry of Kittredge?
Essay Topic 2
The reader is presented with Kittredge's theory of the Alpha and Omega in Part I, Chapters 5 - 14. Explore the theme of of the Alpha and Omega throughout the novel thus far. . What characters could be examples of the different psyches? How passionate is Kittredge about her work? What does each psyche represent?
Essay Topic 3
Part I, Chapters 5 - 14, highlights Harry's dependence on his father and godfather, and his distrust of his own instincts. Examine the theme of Harry's dependence on his father and godfather, also exploring his distrust of his own instincts. What is the definition of dependence? How does Harry's dependence on his father and godfather affect his self-confidence? What examples from the book demonstrate what Harry's dependence? Would Harry be considered a self-confident man? What is an example from the book of Harry distrusting his own instincts?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)