|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry tell Kittredge in a letter that they are planning on kidnapping in Part Six, Chapter 11?
2. What is the name of the stewardess that Hugh wants harry to seduce?
3. What death has Cal become obsessed with in Part Six, Chapter thirty-four?
4. Who is now the top agent in Uruguay in Part IV, Chapter twenty-two?
5. Harry is depressed in Part V, Chapter thirty-five, after his breakup with who?
Essay Topic 1
Dix Butler and Harry begin working together and share an apartment in Berlin. Compare the characters of Dix Butler and Harry, analyzing how Dix affects Harry. What kind of person is Dix? How is Dix's attitude about life different than Harry's? How do they feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
In Omega VII - Omega XII, the reader is presented with three different versions of the CIA man through Harry, Rosen, and Dix. Examine the three different versions of the CIA man that are represented in "Harlot's Ghost". Who is an agent by birthright? Who has had to transform painfully to become an agent? Who is a bit of a thug but a spy by nature? Compare and contrast these different versions of the CIA man.
Essay Topic 3
"Harlot's Ghost" is the story Harry Hubbard's adventures in the CIA and life. Throughout the book, he goes through tremendous changes and is no longer that same person as he was at the beginning of his life. Explore the theme of coming of age, and analysis the changes in Harry's character throughout the novel. What does coming of age mean? How did meeting Kittredge change Harry's life? How have Harry's ideals and goals changed throughout his life? What has Harry learned about himself and life?
This section contains 1,628 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)