|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Station Chief in Mexico City who is causing Hunt problems?
2. Who has many nicknames for Chevi?
3. Part Six, Chapter thirteen, recounts a conversation between Kennedy and who?
4. Where does Chevi go after his cover his blown and his life is in danger?
5. Who does Harvey think is acting as an agent of the Kennedy's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fidel Castro talk about in an interview to journalist Jean Daniel?
2. How does Harry's rise to his father's side mirror the country's expectation that Bobby Kennedy will somehow help to fill the place his brother left?
3. How does Harry begin to have problems with Chevi in the second part of Mongoose?
4. Who are the famous men that Modene has affairs with?
5. How does Modene serve as a replacement of Kittredge for Harry?
6. What important event takes place in Part Six, Chapters 19 with the CIA?
7. How do Hugh and Kittredge help Harry with the Boris situation?
8. Why doesn't Harry care to become a "Most Special Fellow?"
9. How does Harry describe the new CIA headquarters from I-J-K-L to Langley?
10. How does multiple names serve as one of the larger symbols in "Harlot's Ghost"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dix Butler and Harry begin working together and share an apartment in Berlin. Compare the characters of Dix Butler and Harry, analyzing how Dix affects Harry. What kind of person is Dix? How is Dix's attitude about life different than Harry's? How do they feel about each other?
Essay Topic 2
The reader is presented with Kittredge's theory of the Alpha and Omega in Part I, Chapters 5 - 14. Explore the theme of of the Alpha and Omega throughout the novel thus far. . What characters could be examples of the different psyches? How passionate is Kittredge about her work? What does each psyche represent?
Essay Topic 3
In Part V, Chapters 1 - 10 of "Harlot's Ghost", the character of Modene is introduced. She becomes an important character in Harry's life. Analyze the character of Modene, and examine her affect on Harry. How does Harry meet Modene? How does Modene mirror Kittredge? Who is Modene dating who is famous? How does Modene remind Harry of Kittredge?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)