Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hunt have the leaders of the group in charge of taking out Castro transferred to?
2. Who does Harry believe Chevi is in love with?
3. Who has many nicknames for Chevi?
4. From the stewardess' transcripts who does Harry learn she is now spending time with in Part V, Chapter twenty-two?
5. Who is tortured with his head in a toilet bowl, although this person will not confess to giving up the men lost in the raid?
Essay Topic 1
In the process of creating a story, the author's choices in style meld to become the writer's voice, his or her own unique style. Examine Mailer's use of style in "Harlot's Ghost" and how it affects the overall story. What choices does Mailer use in his writing that shows his unique style? Does Mailer use tactical choices in grammar or word usage? How can sentence and paragraph length affect the overall story? What kind of imagery does Mailer use?
Essay Topic 2
Dix Butler and Harry begin working together and share an apartment in Berlin. Compare the characters of Dix Butler and Harry, analyzing how Dix affects Harry. What kind of person is Dix? How is Dix's attitude about life different than Harry's? How do they feel about each other?
Essay Topic 3
In "Harlot's Ghost", Harry discusses his parents' connection with the CIA. These connections also define Mailer's view of the CIA. Research and explore the CIA and how it correlates to Harry's family. What is the CIA? How is Harry's family involved in the CIA? What do the CIA do for America? How do Harry's personal and familial connections draw him into the CIA?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)