Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hunt have the leaders of the group in charge of taking out Castro transferred to?
2. Who does Harry believe Chevi is in love with?
3. Who has many nicknames for Chevi?
4. From the stewardess' transcripts who does Harry learn she is now spending time with in Part V, Chapter twenty-two?
5. Who is tortured with his head in a toilet bowl, although this person will not confess to giving up the men lost in the raid?
Essay Topic 1
Harry is a complicated man with a mysterious job, although he seems to be presenting himself very clearly to the audience and we trust him as narrator. Examine the use of tone in fiction writing and explore how it's used in "Harlot's Ghost". How does the author set the tone in "Harlot's Ghost"? How is this tone important for the overall mood of the story? What is the tone in "Harlot's Ghost"? Does this tone seem to go well with the story?
Essay Topic 2
Harry tells many stories throughout the action of the main story. Explore the author's use of the literary device story-within-a-story in the novel "Harlot's Ghost". Is the author using stories-within-a-story to parody views of the world? Or is the author using stories-within-a-story to give background about particuliar characters or events? How is this literary device effective in the novel "Harlot's Ghost", or is it effective?
Essay Topic 3
In Part V, Chapters 1 - 10 of "Harlot's Ghost", the character of Modene is introduced. She becomes an important character in Harry's life. Analyze the character of Modene, and examine her affect on Harry. How does Harry meet Modene? How does Modene mirror Kittredge? Who is Modene dating who is famous? How does Modene remind Harry of Kittredge?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)