|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cal go to meet in Paris, who the agency has put next in line for the Presidency of Cuba?
(a) Rolando Cubela.
(b) Roberto Collis.
(c) Rosaro Conners.
(d) Rodand Cummings.
2. What death has Cal become obsessed with in Part Six, Chapter thirty-four?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Vivien Leigh.
(d) Clark Gable.
3. In Part IV, Chapter 28, Harry writes a letter to Kittredge and tells her he went to the country with whom?
(a) Zenia and Georgi.
(b) Hunt and Dorothy.
4. Who does the stewardess break up with in Part V, Chapter twenty, after he tries to introduce a third woman into their sexual relationship?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Bing Crosby.
(d) Dean Martin.
5. Who arranges a raid on Cuba, although the men never reach their target?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harry's father writes him a letter in Part V, Chapter thirty-three, who does he say died?
2. What is the name of Kittredge's friend who has an affair with JFK?
3. Who is Harry meeting with who starts to have a heart attack in Part V, Chapter thirteen?
4. What is the name of the operation that is encountering some problems with negotiations between the White House and the Kremlin?
5. What does Hunt say the Cuban mentality depends upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Harry care to become a "Most Special Fellow?"
2. How is Harry's regressing also symbolized as a blow to America's ego in the early 1960's after the failure at the Bay of Pigs?
3. What prevents Harry from being transferred to a more active base in Israel?
4. How is Cal's growing weakness highlighted in his letters to Harry?
5. How does Harry begin to have problems with Chevi in the second part of Mongoose?
6. How does Harry's rise to his father's side mirror the country's expectation that Bobby Kennedy will somehow help to fill the place his brother left?
7. How do Hugh and Kittredge help Harry with the Boris situation?
8. What does Chevi reveal about Libertad la Lengua?
9. What happens to Chevi after he is arrested and his cover is blown?
10. What are two of the dual personalities that appear in Part IV, Chapters 25 - 30?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)