|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Hugh put Harry into intensive study on?
2. What does Dix talk about to Harry as part of the job of being an agent after they leave the cellar bar in Part II, Chapter 8?
(b) Giving up relationships.
3. In Omega I, what two ghosts does Harry say haunt the island?
(a) Snowman Dryer and Augustus Farr.
(b) Augustus Dryer and Snowman Farr.
(c) Dryer Augustus and Farr Snowman.
(d) August Snowman and Dry Farr.
4. What is the name of Harry's friend who he invites to go out for a drink with and Dix Butler ends up hitting on his wife?
(a) Arnie Rosen.
(b) Bill Harvey.
(c) Freddie McCann.
(d) Augustus Farr.
5. How did Harry get to know the woman that he is having an affair with in Part IV, Chapter seven, the wife of his colleague Sherman?
(a) Fourth of July picnic.
(b) New Year's Eve party.
(c) Easter brunch.
(d) Dancing at a Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is VQ/Giblets that Harry is asked to report to?
2. What does Kittredge write back in reply to Harry's first letter?
3. At the beginning of Omega VI, Harry's mistress, Chloe, calls Harry and says what?
4. In Part I, Chapter 8, Harry discusses his education in his tactical and historical classes; he learns about governmental languages, messages, and what?
5. In Omega XII, what does Harry have trouble with at the Moscow border?
Short Essay Questions
1. After learning how to rock climb, how does Harry continue to succeed through school?
2. How is Kittredge's theory of Alpha and Omega represented in Harry in Part IV, Chapters 7 - 13?
3. What does rock climbing represent for Harry and Hugh?
4. How does Harry begin to fall even more in line with the accepted social mores of his country and era in Part III, Chapters 1 - 7?
5. During Harry's first days in Berlin, what things are illuminated?
6. What experience does Harry share that has to do with God and lust?
7. What are the three different versions of the CIA man that are presented in Omega VII - Omega XII of "Harlot's Ghost"?
8. How do all the different names represented by cryptograms reinforce the concept of Alpha and Omega?
9. How is Harry described as a child?
10. What does Harry read from Rosen's confidential letter to Dix in Part II, Chapter 14?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)