|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry reveals that he has begun an affair with his colleague Sherman's wife; what is her name?
2. What does Harvey tell Harry after he listens to the tape from Harry's interview in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That he did a horrible job.
(b) Background noise.
(c) There is too much bad language.
(d) Too much static.
3. What story does Harvey tell Harry in Part II, Chapter 6, about an East German baby?
(a) He saw a baby killed in East Germany.
(b) An East German baby was stolen from his sister.
(c) He fathered a baby who now lives in East Germany.
(d) An East German baby was left on his doorstep and he and his wife adopted her.
4. Harry begins to do better at St. Matthew's in Chapter 4; what college does he get accepted to?
5. In Omega I, the novel jumps from 1983 to 1984. Harry is flying from New York to where?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kittredge use to try and revolutionize her experiments?
2. Who did Hugh name on his emergency contact information as his next of kin?
3. As Harry starts going through the CIA training, what does Harry lie about during his lie detector test?
4. In Part II, Chapter 5, what project of Harry's is the General checking on?
5. What is the name of Harry's friend who he invites to go out for a drink with and Dix Butler ends up hitting on his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Harry give about his estate, The Keep, in Omega I?
2. What does Harvey keep doing with Harry's cryptogram?
3. How does Kittredge get into experimenting with LSD?
4. How do Harry's issues with authority reemerge in Part IV, Chapters 7 - 13?
5. How does Harry begin to fall even more in line with the accepted social mores of his country and era in Part III, Chapters 1 - 7?
6. What does Harry discover about Kittredge and Dix Butler in Omega XII?
7. What does rock climbing represent for Harry and Hugh?
8. What does Harvey want to do with the mission Cloakroom?
9. How do the ghosts that Kittredge mentions tend to arise at times of particular stress and challenge?
10. How do all the different names represented by cryptograms reinforce the concept of Alpha and Omega?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)