|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kittredge use to try and revolutionize her experiments?
2. Harry returns to the evening in Maine during Omega II; how long does he say his father was involved with trying to kill Castro?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(d) Three years.
3. In Omega XII, what does Harry have trouble with at the Moscow border?
(a) His burned passport.
(b) His ripped up passport.
(c) His waterlogged passport.
(d) His missing passport.
4. How was Kittredge's first husband paralyzed?
(a) In a rock climbing accident.
(b) In a scuba diving accident.
(c) In a motorcycle accident.
(d) In a sky diving accident.
5. What did Kittredge do after her first husband was paralyzed in an accident?
(a) Attempted to commit suicide.
(b) Went on a tour around the world.
(c) Locked herself in her house for a month.
(d) Cut off all her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part II, Chapter 14, whose letters discuss some of the TSS projects, including an experiment with LSD?
2. Harvey gives Harry several names of contacts he wants him to track down; how does the first contact feel about Harvey?
3. What did Harry's father want Hugh to be for Harry?
4. Who is revealed to be an ex-Nazi by Hugh in Part II, Chapter 15?
5. In Omega VII, what does Harry take with him into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Harry's issues with authority reemerge in Part IV, Chapters 7 - 13?
2. How did Harry and Kittredge come to be together?
3. How is Kittredge's theory of Alpha and Omega represented in Harry in Part IV, Chapters 7 - 13?
4. How do the ghosts that Kittredge mentions tend to arise at times of particular stress and challenge?
5. How is Harry's life dominated by strong male figures?
6. What is an example from "Harlot's Ghost" where Harry's instincts go against the official Agency policies?
7. During Harry's first days in Berlin, what things are illuminated?
8. How is Harry described as a child?
9. What does Harvey keep doing with Harry's cryptogram?
10. How is the growing difference between who Harry is as a CIA agent and whom he feels like enumerated in Part II, Chapters 1 - 4?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)