|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name for Camp Peary where Harry continues his training?
(a) The Place.
(b) The Hive.
(c) The Ranch.
(d) The Farm.
2. What does Harvey tell Harry after he listens to the tape from Harry's interview in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) That he did a horrible job.
(b) Background noise.
(c) There is too much bad language.
(d) Too much static.
3. In Omega III, Harry writes about a Virginia farmhouse where he has been working with others since 1982. Whose farmhouse is it?
(a) His father's.
(b) His grandfather's.
4. What does Harry write about in his first letter to Kittredge?
(a) His health.
(b) A lot about the city.
(c) A lot about his job.
(d) His feelings for her.
5. In Omega XII, what does Harry have trouble with at the Moscow border?
(a) His waterlogged passport.
(b) His missing passport.
(c) His ripped up passport.
(d) His burned passport.
6. As Harry starts going through the CIA training, what does Harry lie about during his lie detector test?
(a) Being a virgin.
(b) Killing someone.
(c) Being an alcoholic.
(d) Smoking marijuana.
7. Why does Harvey tell Harry he is in trouble after he tapes his interview in Part II, Chapter 13?
(a) Harvey is convinced the Garber and Harry are linked.
(b) Harvey is convinced the Grover and Harry are linked.
(c) Harvey is convinced the Gehlen and Harry are linked.
(d) Harvey is convinced the Garrett and Harry are linked.
8. What does Harry send Kittredge as a present in Part IV, Chapter five?
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A necklace.
9. In Part II, Chapter 2, what does Harvey ask Harry to trace?
10. What does the Chief of Base ask Harry to help him with as a junior officer?
(a) The Berlin highway project.
(b) The Berlin sewer project.
(c) The Berlin tunnel project.
(d) The Berlin water project.
11. In Part II, Chapter 5, what project of Harry's is the General checking on?
(a) The sewer project.
(b) The tunnel project.
(c) The water project.
(d) The highway project.
12. Who does Hunt tell Harry has labeled him as untrustworthy?
(a) Dix Butler.
(b) Bill Harvey.
(d) Arnie Rosen.
13. Who does Kittredge tell Harry that she cheated on him with?
(a) Arnie Rosen.
(b) Dix Butler.
(d) Augustus Farr.
14. What does Dix Butler confide in Harry about in Part II, Chapter 3?
(a) His illness.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His secrets.
(d) His divorce.
15. What does Harry think about the stories that Dix Butler tells the American girl he picks up from the nightclub?
(a) That they are heartfelt.
(b) That they are lies.
(c) That they are ridiculous.
(d) That they are funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a letter to Harry, who does Kittredge tell him is being considered for the directorship of the CIA?
2. How many other agents are being inducted into the CIA when Harry is inducted?
3. Harry's father has remarried and has twin boys; what are their nicknames?
4. Harry writes that he has two autobiographies, one of which is over 2,000 pages long, and the other is how many pages?
5. What is the operation Avalanche that Harry oversees in Uruguay?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)