Lesson 1 (from Omega-I - Omega VII)
Omega-I - Omega VII
"Harlot's Ghost" is the story of Harry Hubbard's adventures in the CIA. In the first few chapters, the readers get a sense of the way Harry's mind works and by the structure of his autobiography he is writing. The purpose of this lesson is to analyze the character of Harry from the first few chapters of the text.
1) Round-robin Class Discussion: Have the students put their desks in a big circle; each student in turn shares something about the topic.
Questions to ask:
• Who is Harry married to at the beginning of the novel?
• How did Harry get involved in the CIA?
• What happened to Kittredge's first husband and her son?
• Is Harry faithful to his wife?
• Who is Harry's nemesis?
2) Class Activity: In groups students will write a character profile of Harry. Gathering information about his character, evaluating and synthesizing...
This section contains 9,145 words
(approx. 31 pages at 300 words per page)