|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the white god in "The Idols of the Tribe" eat?
2. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
3. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
4. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
5. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
Essay Topic 1
Tolson creates and discusses many interesting people in his poems. Choose one person or couple he mentions in a poem explain how those people or characters help deliver the message of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the poem? Does it matter that the poem is set in another country or time period? Describe the setting of the poem of you choice and explain how it effected your experience of the poem.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the word tapestries important in the poem "Tapestries of Time"?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)