Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
2. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
3. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
4. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
Essay Topic 1
What poem does the quote "The Blackest Land / And The Whitest People" come from? Explain the significance of this quote to the poem and how it explains the message of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
In the poem, "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," Tolson compares America to the narrator's mother, Liberia to his wife, and Africa to his brother. What does Tolson mean by this comparison?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Lincoln have on Tolson's life? Choose examples from Tolson's poems that suggest what relationship Tolson had with Lincoln. Why does Tolson hold Lincoln in such high esteem?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)