Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
2. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
3. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
4. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the poem? Does it matter that the poem is set in another country or time period? Describe the setting of the poem of you choice and explain how it effected your experience of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term symbolism and explain the symbolism present in "The Mountain Climber."
Essay Topic 3
When considering Tolson's life, where do you believe he found the inspiration for his poems? What does this book cause you to think about the author's life? What do you believe inspired Tolson more, the present or past?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)