|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
2. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
3. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
4. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
5. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does description play a role in an author's work? How does the author use description to draw the reader into the poem? What are some examples where the description does not work? Cite two poems and explain how the description helps or hinders the poet's message.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term symbolism and explain the symbolism present in "The Mountain Climber."
Essay Topic 3
When considering Tolson's life, where do you believe he found the inspiration for his poems? What does this book cause you to think about the author's life? What do you believe inspired Tolson more, the present or past?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)