Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
2. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
3. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
4. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the interaction between The Curator and Hideho Heights. How do the men treat one another? What is the significance of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tolson address the theme of America as a melting pot? Choose two examples of how this idea appears in his poems, and explain whether he believes the concept of the melting pot to be true.
Essay Topic 3
How does the setting effect the reader's experience of the poem? Does it matter that the poem is set in another country or time period? Describe the setting of the poem of you choice and explain how it effected your experience of the poem.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)