|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
2. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
3. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
4. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
Essay Topic 1
Tolson creates and discusses many interesting people in his poems. Choose one person or couple he mentions in a poem explain how those people or characters help deliver the message of the poem.
Essay Topic 2
One of the themes that reoccurs in Tolson's poetry is that of the hardworking every-man. Chose one poem where this theme is present and explain how Tolson presents it using imagery and symbolism.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the word tapestries important in the poem "Tapestries of Time"?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)