|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) The inks used.
(b) Their interpretation.
(c) The history of art.
(d) The aritst.
2. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(a) Marion Joyfield.
(c) Queen Shiraz.
3. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
(a) Finland and France.
(b) Asia and Africa.
(c) Belgium and Germany.
(d) America and Australia.
4. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
5. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
2. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
3. Where is the art in "Beta"?
4. In "Omicron," what does Dr. Nkomo insist rules the artist?
5. Where does "Alpha" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Curator in Harlem Gallery distinguishing the importance of the word "ex"?
2. Describe the different Gods Tolson describes in "The Idols of the Tribe."
3. How does Tolson address tyranny in the poem "Tapestries of Time"?
4. What does Tolson believe is the greatest gift Africa has to give to its people according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
5. Why does Tolson suggest in "Epsilon" that a nod of approval is the worst thing for an artist?
6. Why does Doctor Nkomo feel that life and art are linked?
7. What is Tolson's opinion on tyrants as seen in the poem "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
8. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights? Why does he feel this way?
9. Why does Tolson believe that despite the reign of tyrants justice will prevail?
10. What might have been the reason Tolson elects to use the Greek alphabet to separate his poem Harlem Gallery?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)