|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
(a) A Hitler figure.
(b) An unheard voice.
2. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
3. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the yellow god?
4. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. What is art to the curator in "Gamma"?
(a) A mosiac of colors.
(b) A blend of lines.
(c) A masterpiece of skill.
(d) Boring and bland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
2. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
3. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
4. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
5. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)