|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
2. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He thinks he is genuine.
(d) He is a fake.
3. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
(a) The M.C.
(b) A painter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A cook.
4. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
(a) He is married to the mayor.
(b) He won't shut up.
(c) His art is free.
(d) He has money.
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
(c) New Years Day.
6. In "Omicron," what is the temperament of the artist?
7. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
8. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) Louis XI.
(c) Charles the Great.
9. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(b) Musical scales.
(c) Geographic region.
(d) By color.
10. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
11. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) In the city.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the walls.
(d) In the sky.
12. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(a) The sun.
13. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) The Curator.
(b) Rufino Laughlin.
(c) Hideho Heights.
(d) Mary James.
14. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(b) Hellfire and brimstone.
(c) They die.
(d) God will judge them.
15. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(d) A new Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
2. In "African China," who is Big John?
3. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
4. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
5. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)