|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Timbuktu?
(a) South Africa.
2. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
(a) He is a fake.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He loves his work.
(d) He thinks he is genuine.
3. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
(a) Rich men.
(b) Poor men.
(c) The blind.
(d) Fellow artists.
4. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
(a) His art is free.
(b) He is married to the mayor.
(c) He won't shut up.
(d) He has money.
5. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
(a) A Man from Halicarnassus.
(b) French history.
(c) Greek history.
6. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(b) The sun.
7. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
(a) America and Australia.
(b) Asia and Africa.
(c) Belgium and Germany.
(d) Finland and France.
8. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) Their interpretation.
(b) The history of art.
(c) The aritst.
(d) The inks used.
9. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(d) The curator.
10. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
11. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
12. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
(c) An unheard voice.
(d) A Hitler figure.
13. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
14. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(d) The church.
15. What does the narrator in "Beta" claim you can explore art with?
(a) Your hair.
(b) Your tongue.
(c) Your toes.
(d) Your elbows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
2. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
3. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
4. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
5. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)