|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
2. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) God will judge them.
(c) Hellfire and brimstone.
(d) They die.
3. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
4. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
5. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
(a) Cast stones.
(b) Dance in the court.
(c) Drink and be merry.
(d) Worship based on race.
6. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
7. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
(a) Poor men.
(b) Fellow artists.
(c) Rich men.
(d) The blind.
8. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
(a) Dixie Dixon.
(b) Sally Suitor.
(c) Dot Duet.
(d) Mary Martin.
9. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(a) By color.
(c) Musical scales.
(d) Geographic region.
10. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(c) The theater.
11. In "Epsilon," what is the worst thing an artist can receive?
(a) A round of applause.
(b) A nod of approval.
(c) A paint set.
(d) An award.
12. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
13. What war influences Tolson in "Tapestries of Time"?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) Spanish American War.
(c) Gulf War.
14. In "Omicron," what does Dr. Nkomo insist rules the artist?
15. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The curator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
2. Where is Timbuktu?
3. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
4. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)