|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
(a) Worship based on race.
(b) Cast stones.
(c) Dance in the court.
(d) Drink and be merry.
2. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A priest.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(b) Power over understanding.
(c) Money is the root of all evil.
4. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
(a) They speak latin.
(b) They can adapt to their environment.
(c) They change shape.
(d) They can fly.
6. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," what is the gateway for black Americans to the eastern world?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Mother earth.
7. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
(a) Blue, silver, red.
(b) Olive brown and Ruby red.
(c) Orange and neon green.
(d) No colors are mentioned.
8. In "African China," who is Big John?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A gigolo.
(c) A bouncer.
(d) A dancer.
9. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) A big ego and money.
(b) A fool and a little man.
(c) A fool and a big ego.
(d) Wealth and anger.
10. Where does "Alpha" take place?
(a) A castle.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A desert.
(d) A kitchen.
11. In "Omicron," what does Dr. Nkomo insist rules the artist?
12. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(a) Queen Shiraz.
(b) Marion Joyfield.
13. What artist did the Curator teach Black Diamond about?
(d) Van Gogh.
14. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The curator.
(c) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(d) A doctor.
15. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(a) Musical scales.
(c) Geographic region.
(d) By color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
2. What does the narrator see at the end of "Tapestries of Time"?
3. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
4. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
5. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)