|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
(a) Black men.
(b) All men.
(d) White men.
2. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(b) Queen Shiraz.
(c) Marion Joyfield.
3. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) In the city.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the sky.
(d) On the walls.
4. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
(a) America and Australia.
(b) Asia and Africa.
(c) Belgium and Germany.
(d) Finland and France.
5. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Errors and omissions excepted.
(b) Errors and out-takes excellent.
(c) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(d) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
6. Where is Timbuktu?
(d) South Africa.
7. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A priest.
8. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) The Curator.
(b) Mary James.
(c) Hideho Heights.
(d) Rufino Laughlin.
9. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(b) Charles the Great.
(c) Louis XI.
10. Who follows tyrants?
(a) The poor.
(b) The smart.
(c) The rich.
11. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
12. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) A fool and a big ego.
(b) Wealth and anger.
(c) A big ego and money.
(d) A fool and a little man.
13. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(a) Louis VIV.
14. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The curator.
15. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war influences Tolson in "Tapestries of Time"?
2. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
3. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
4. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
5. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)