|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war influences Tolson in "Tapestries of Time"?
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Spanish American War.
(d) Gulf War.
2. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
3. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) The Sioux.
4. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," what is the gateway for black Americans to the eastern world?
(c) Mother earth.
(d) The ocean.
5. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
(a) He won't shut up.
(b) He has money.
(c) His art is free.
(d) He is married to the mayor.
6. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
(a) The person you were.
(b) The person you are.
(c) The person you used to date.
7. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mrs. Berry.
(b) Mrs. Starks.
(c) Mr. Kent.
(d) Mr. Sparks.
8. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) The Curator.
(b) Rufino Laughlin.
(c) Hideho Heights.
(d) Mary James.
9. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A doctor.
10. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
11. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
12. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
13. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
(a) All men.
(c) White men.
(d) Black men.
14. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(a) The sun.
15. In "Omicron," what does Dr. Nkomo insist rules the artist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
2. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
3. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
4. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
5. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)