|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
2. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(a) Louis VIV.
3. What war influences Tolson in "Tapestries of Time"?
(a) Gulf War.
(b) Spanish American War.
(d) Vietnam War.
4. Where does the poem "Sigma" take place?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A field.
(c) A zoo.
(d) A library.
5. What animal is in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) A camel.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lion.
6. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(c) The sun.
7. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) God will judge them.
(c) Hellfire and brimstone.
(d) They die.
8. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mr. Sparks.
(b) Mrs. Starks.
(c) Mr. Kent.
(d) Mrs. Berry.
9. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(b) A blessing.
10. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) Wealth and anger.
(b) A fool and a big ego.
(c) A fool and a little man.
(d) A big ego and money.
11. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
12. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(c) The curator.
(d) A police officer.
13. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
(a) No colors are mentioned.
(b) Blue, silver, red.
(c) Orange and neon green.
(d) Olive brown and Ruby red.
14. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
15. What artist did the Curator teach Black Diamond about?
(d) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
2. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
3. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
4. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. What is the name of the child that is born in "African China"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)