|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
(a) New Years Day.
2. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(a) The sun.
3. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(c) Money is the root of all evil.
(d) Power over understanding.
4. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
(a) A painter.
(b) The M.C.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A cook.
5. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
6. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) Rufino Laughlin.
(b) Mary James.
(c) Hideho Heights.
(d) The Curator.
7. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
8. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
(a) He has money.
(b) He is married to the mayor.
(c) He won't shut up.
(d) His art is free.
9. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(a) Alexander the Great.
(b) The Sioux.
10. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) A fool and a little man.
(b) A fool and a big ego.
(c) Wealth and anger.
(d) A big ego and money.
11. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
(a) Old and new.
(b) Scary and safe.
(c) Primitive and sophisticated.
(d) Fun and dull.
12. What does the white god in "The Idols of the Tribe" eat?
13. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
14. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
(a) Rich men.
(b) The blind.
(c) Fellow artists.
(d) Poor men.
15. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) They die.
(c) Hellfire and brimstone.
(d) God will judge them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
2. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
3. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
4. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
5. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)