|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
2. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) Charles the Great.
(c) Louis XI.
3. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mr. Sparks.
(b) Mrs. Berry.
(c) Mrs. Starks.
(d) Mr. Kent.
4. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is a fake.
(d) He thinks he is genuine.
5. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
(a) The M.C.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A painter.
6. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
(a) Sally Suitor.
(b) Dot Duet.
(c) Dixie Dixon.
(d) Mary Martin.
7. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
8. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
9. In "African China," who is Big John?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A bouncer.
(d) A gigolo.
10. What animal is in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) A camel.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cow.
11. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
(a) Scary and safe.
(b) Primitive and sophisticated.
(c) Fun and dull.
(d) Old and new.
12. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(b) The sun.
13. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
14. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(a) Marion Joyfield.
(b) Queen Shiraz.
15. What artist did the Curator teach Black Diamond about?
(b) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
2. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
3. In "Omicron," what does Dr. Nkomo insist rules the artist?
4. In "Epsilon," what is the worst thing an artist can receive?
5. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)