|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) In the sky.
(b) In the city.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On the walls.
2. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
(a) He has money.
(b) His art is free.
(c) He won't shut up.
(d) He is married to the mayor.
3. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," what is the gateway for black Americans to the eastern world?
(b) The ocean.
(d) Mother earth.
4. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
5. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) The history of art.
(b) Their interpretation.
(c) The inks used.
(d) The aritst.
6. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(b) The sun.
7. Where does "Alpha" take place?
(a) A kitchen.
(b) A gallery.
(c) A castle.
(d) A desert.
8. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mrs. Berry.
(b) Mrs. Starks.
(c) Mr. Sparks.
(d) Mr. Kent.
9. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
10. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
(c) The educated.
11. Where does the poem "Sigma" take place?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A field.
(c) A library.
(d) A zoo.
12. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(a) Queen Shiraz.
(d) Marion Joyfield.
13. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Errors and omissions excepted.
(b) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
(c) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(d) Errors and out-takes excellent.
14. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(a) The church.
15. What animal is in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A camel.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
2. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
3. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
4. Where is Timbuktu?
5. What war influences Tolson in "Tapestries of Time"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)