|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the poem "Sigma" take place?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A funeral home.
(c) A field.
(d) A library.
2. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(a) The Sioux.
(b) Alexander the Great.
3. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(d) A new Africa.
4. What does the narrator in "Beta" claim you can explore art with?
(a) Your elbows.
(b) Your toes.
(c) Your hair.
(d) Your tongue.
5. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) Wealth and anger.
(b) A big ego and money.
(c) A fool and a big ego.
(d) A fool and a little man.
6. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) Rufino Laughlin.
(b) Hideho Heights.
(c) Mary James.
(d) The Curator.
7. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(b) Charles the Great.
(c) Louis XI.
8. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
9. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
10. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
11. What does the white god in "The Idols of the Tribe" eat?
12. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
(a) The educated.
13. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
(a) The person you are.
(b) The person you were.
(d) The person you used to date.
14. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
15. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose criticism does not count in "Omicron"?
2. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
3. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
4. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
5. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)