|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
2. Who follows tyrants?
(a) The smart.
(b) The rich.
(c) The poor.
3. Where is Timbuktu?
(b) South Africa.
4. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
5. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
6. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
7. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
8. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(a) Power over understanding.
(c) Money is the root of all evil.
9. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
(b) The educated.
10. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the yellow god?
11. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
12. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(b) The Sioux.
(c) Alexander the Great.
13. Where do the African warriors go in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(b) The field.
(c) The river.
14. Where does the poem "Sigma" take place?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A library.
(d) A field.
15. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(b) Queen Shiraz.
(c) Marion Joyfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Black Diamond?
2. What does the narrator see at the end of "Tapestries of Time"?
3. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
4. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
5. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)