|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) Hideho Heights.
(b) The Curator.
(c) Mary James.
(d) Rufino Laughlin.
2. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) Their interpretation.
(b) The history of art.
(c) The inks used.
(d) The aritst.
3. What does the white god in "The Idols of the Tribe" eat?
4. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
(a) All men.
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
5. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) A blessing.
6. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
(a) Dixie Dixon.
(b) Dot Duet.
(c) Sally Suitor.
(d) Mary Martin.
7. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
8. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A teacher.
9. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
10. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(a) A new Africa.
11. Where do the African warriors go in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) The river.
(d) The field.
12. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(c) The theater.
13. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
(d) Global man.
14. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
15. Where is Timbuktu?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
2. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
3. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
4. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
5. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)