|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
(a) Dance in the court.
(b) Worship based on race.
(c) Cast stones.
(d) Drink and be merry.
2. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
(c) Queen Shiraz.
(d) Marion Joyfield.
3. What is art to the curator in "Gamma"?
(a) A masterpiece of skill.
(b) Boring and bland.
(c) A mosiac of colors.
(d) A blend of lines.
4. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
5. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
6. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mrs. Starks.
(b) Mr. Kent.
(c) Mrs. Berry.
(d) Mr. Sparks.
7. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
8. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(d) A new Africa.
9. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
10. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
11. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
(c) Global man.
12. Who follows tyrants?
(a) The rich.
(b) The smart.
(d) The poor.
13. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(b) Errors and out-takes excellent.
(c) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
(d) Errors and omissions excepted.
14. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(c) The church.
15. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
2. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
3. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
4. What does the narrator see at the end of "Tapestries of Time"?
5. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)