|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
(a) A Hitler figure.
(d) An unheard voice.
2. In "African China," who is Big John?
(a) A bouncer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A gigolo.
(d) A teacher.
3. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(b) They die.
(c) Hellfire and brimstone.
(d) God will judge them.
4. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) The history of art.
(b) The inks used.
(c) The aritst.
(d) Their interpretation.
5. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(c) Charles the Great.
(d) Louis XI.
6. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
7. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(b) Money is the root of all evil.
(d) Power over understanding.
8. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
9. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
10. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
11. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
(b) Greek history.
(c) A Man from Halicarnassus.
(d) French history.
12. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
(b) Errors and out-takes excellent.
(c) Errors and omissions excepted.
(d) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
13. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
14. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mr. Sparks.
(b) Mrs. Starks.
(c) Mrs. Berry.
(d) Mr. Kent.
15. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(b) Musical scales.
(c) Geographic region.
(d) By color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
2. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," what is the gateway for black Americans to the eastern world?
3. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
4. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)