|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
(a) Old and new.
(b) Fun and dull.
(c) Primitive and sophisticated.
(d) Scary and safe.
2. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(c) A blessing.
3. What does the poet of "The Idols of the Tribe" believe is in every society?
(a) A Hitler figure.
(d) An unheard voice.
4. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
5. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
(b) New Years Day.
6. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
7. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(b) Louis VIV.
8. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
9. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
10. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
11. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(d) The church.
12. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the walls.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the sky.
13. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
(b) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(c) Errors and omissions excepted.
(d) Errors and out-takes excellent.
14. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
15. Where is Timbuktu?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
2. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
3. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
4. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
5. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)