|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
2. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
3. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A shop owner.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
4. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
(a) A painter.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A cook.
(d) The M.C.
5. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
6. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
7. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
8. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
(a) Greek history.
(b) A Man from Halicarnassus.
(d) French history.
9. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
(a) Asia and Africa.
(b) Finland and France.
(c) Belgium and Germany.
(d) America and Australia.
10. What does the narrator in "Beta" claim you can explore art with?
(a) Your elbows.
(b) Your hair.
(c) Your tongue.
(d) Your toes.
11. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
(d) Global man.
12. Where does the poem "Sigma" take place?
(a) A field.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A library.
(d) A funeral home.
13. What animal is in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) A camel.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A cow.
14. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
(c) The educated.
15. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(c) Louis VIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
2. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
3. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
4. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
5. Who is Black Diamond?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)