|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(b) Louis VIV.
2. In "Omicron," what is the temperament of the artist?
3. In "The Idols of the Tribe," what does the fool do?
(a) Dance in the court.
(b) Drink and be merry.
(c) Worship based on race.
(d) Cast stones.
4. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
5. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A shop owner.
6. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
7. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) The aritst.
(b) The inks used.
(c) Their interpretation.
(d) The history of art.
8. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(b) The curator.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A doctor.
9. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(a) By color.
(b) Geographic region.
(d) Musical scales.
10. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
11. Who is Abraham Lincoln's mother in "Abraham Lincoln of Rock Springs Farm"?
12. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
(a) New Years Day.
13. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the yellow god?
14. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
15. What is the name of the child that is born in "African China"?
(a) Ling Tsu.
(c) Wu Shang Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
2. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
3. Why will the narrator in "Beta" never be censored?
4. In "African China," who is Big John?
5. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)