|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(c) The church.
2. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
3. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
4. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(b) A new Africa.
5. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
6. What day is it in the poem "Rho"?
(c) New Years Day.
7. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
8. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(b) Power over understanding.
(d) Money is the root of all evil.
9. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) Louis XI.
(d) Charles the Great.
10. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
(b) All men.
(c) White men.
(d) Black men.
11. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) The Sioux.
12. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Errors and out-takes excellent.
(b) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(c) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
(d) Errors and omissions excepted.
13. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) Hellfire and brimstone.
(b) They die.
(d) God will judge them.
14. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) Their interpretation.
(b) The inks used.
(c) The history of art.
(d) The aritst.
15. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) In the city.
(b) In the sky.
(c) On the walls.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Omicron," what is the temperament of the artist?
2. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
3. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
4. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
5. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)