|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) On the walls.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the sky.
2. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
3. Who fought in Halicarnassus?
(b) The Sioux.
(d) Alexander the Great.
4. According to "Omicron," what is the school of the artist?
(a) The church.
5. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
(a) The person you were.
(b) The person you are.
(d) The person you used to date.
6. What does the narrator of "Tapestries of Time" want to prevail?
(a) The educated.
7. What is art to the curator in "Gamma"?
(a) A mosiac of colors.
(b) A blend of lines.
(c) A masterpiece of skill.
(d) Boring and bland.
8. What colors does the curator mention in "Gamma"?
(a) Orange and neon green.
(b) No colors are mentioned.
(c) Blue, silver, red.
(d) Olive brown and Ruby red.
9. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
10. In "A Long Head to a Round Head," what is intriguing about the animals?
(a) They change shape.
(b) They can fly.
(c) They speak latin.
(d) They can adapt to their environment.
11. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
12. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
(d) The theater.
13. In "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who is the narrator's brother?
(c) The sun.
14. What do the African warriors in "The Idols of the Tribe" do?
15. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mr. Kent.
(b) Mrs. Berry.
(c) Mrs. Starks.
(d) Mr. Sparks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wu Shang in "African China"?
2. How does the narrator of "The Idols of the Tribe" describe the black god?
3. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
4. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
5. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)