|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(a) Louis XI.
(b) Charles the Great.
2. What does the narrator in "Beta" claim you can explore art with?
(a) Your elbows.
(b) Your hair.
(c) Your toes.
(d) Your tongue.
3. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A police officer.
(b) The curator.
(c) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does "ex" stand for in "Beta"?
(b) The person you are.
(c) The person you used to date.
(d) The person you were.
5. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
(a) Primitive and sophisticated.
(b) Old and new.
(c) Scary and safe.
(d) Fun and dull.
6. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) A fool and a big ego.
(b) Wealth and anger.
(c) A fool and a little man.
(d) A big ego and money.
7. Who is the poet laureate of Lenox Avenue in Harlem?
(a) The Curator.
(b) Mary James.
(c) Rufino Laughlin.
(d) Hideho Heights.
8. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
9. What does man continually do according to "Tapestries of Time" during the Golden Age?
10. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
11. What does the narrator see at the end of "Tapestries of Time"?
12. What happens to people who worship false idols in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(a) They die.
(b) Hellfire and brimstone.
(d) God will judge them.
13. What is the name of the child that is born in "African China"?
(b) Wu Shang Jr.
(c) Ling Tsu.
14. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(b) Geographic region.
(c) By color.
(d) Musical scales.
15. According to the narrator of "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia," who will God save the souls of?
(b) White men.
(c) Black men.
(d) All men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does time move on despite in "Tapestries of Time"?
2. Who follows tyrants?
3. What does Liberia represent in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
4. Where is the art in "Beta"?
5. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)