|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a tyrant made of?
(a) A fool and a little man.
(b) A big ego and money.
(c) A fool and a big ego.
(d) Wealth and anger.
2. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
3. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
4. Where is Timbuktu?
(a) South Africa.
5. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
(a) He loves his work.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is a fake.
(d) He thinks he is genuine.
6. What is art to the curator in "Gamma"?
(a) Boring and bland.
(b) A mosiac of colors.
(c) A blend of lines.
(d) A masterpiece of skill.
7. What does the narrator in "Beta" claim you can explore art with?
(a) Your hair.
(b) Your toes.
(c) Your tongue.
(d) Your elbows.
8. How are the parts of the poem "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" broken up?
(a) Musical scales.
(b) Geographic region.
(c) By color.
9. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
(a) Their interpretation.
(b) The history of art.
(c) The aritst.
(d) The inks used.
10. What artist did the Curator teach Black Diamond about?
(c) Van Gogh.
11. Where do the African warriors go in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(c) The river.
(d) The field.
12. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
(a) French history.
(b) A Man from Halicarnassus.
(c) Greek history.
13. Where does "Alpha" take place?
(a) A castle.
(b) A kitchen.
(c) A desert.
(d) A gallery.
14. Who is Black Diamond?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The heir to the Lenox Policy Racket.
(d) The curator.
15. What is the name of the child that is born in "African China"?
(b) Wu Shang Jr.
(d) Ling Tsu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
2. Who does the Golden Age occur with?
3. What places does the narrator discuss in "Alpha"?
4. How does the narrator describe the Nordic god in "The Idols of the Tribe""?
5. Who is the narrator's mother in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)