|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the self-portrait of in "Upsilon"?
(a) Mrs. Berry.
(b) Mr. Kent.
(c) Mrs. Starks.
(d) Mr. Sparks.
2. Who does the poet compare the people of Liberia to?
3. What does the Curator think about Hideho Heights in "Xi"?
(a) He thinks he is genuine.
(b) He is a fake.
(c) He loves his work.
(d) He is indifferent.
4. Whose march will continue, according to "Tapestries of Time"?
(c) Global man.
5. Which language's alphabet does Tolson use in Alpha to Mu?
6. In "Omicron," what is the temperament of the artist?
7. How does the narrator describe hate in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
(c) A blessing.
8. Who does Tolson list in "Tapestries of Time" as being a tyrant?
(c) Louis VIV.
9. What word does Tolson put a question mark after many times in "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
10. What is art to the curator in "Gamma"?
(a) Boring and bland.
(b) A masterpiece of skill.
(c) A mosiac of colors.
(d) A blend of lines.
11. Where is the art in "Beta"?
(a) On the walls.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In the city.
(d) In the sky.
12. What is the white man's philosophy according to "Mu"?
(a) Money is the root of all evil.
(b) Power over understanding.
13. What does the author think will prevail in "Tapestries of Time"?
14. Who is Rufino Lauglin?
(a) A cook.
(b) The M.C.
(c) A painter.
(d) A teacher.
15. What is the purpose of the Warriors' ceremony in "The Idols of the Tribe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
2. In "Tapestries of Time," what do the common people not dream about?
3. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
4. What should the viewer of art never doubt according to "Delta"?
5. In "The Idols of the Tribe," how many points does a road meet at?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)