|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louis Brandeis?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A wrestler.
(d) A supreme court justice.
2. Who is Crispus Attucks?
(a) A martyr in the American Revolution.
(b) A theif.
(c) A band.
(d) A doctor.
3. What animal is mentioned in "A Legend of Versailles"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A sheep.
4. Why does the scientist in "A Primer for Today" claim change occurs?
(a) No one knows.
(d) Reproduction in the animal and plant kingdom.
5. How does the poet describe the people that flock to America in "Rendezvous With America"?
6. What Indian tribe tied up the man in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake"?
7. What emotion does the narrator of "Babylon" express?
8. In the poem "Old House," whose ghost is not welcome?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Lazurus's mouse.
(d) Richard Wright.
9. Who does the man fight for in "The Furlough"?
(a) His friend.
(b) Hi family.
(c) His lover.
(d) His fellow soldiers.
10. According to "A Song for Myself," what can one find in death?
11. What time period does "Lento Grave" discuss?
(a) The 20's.
(b) Civil War.
(c) Spanish America War.
12. What does the poet compare the foundation of America to in "Larghetto"?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A stream.
(c) A desert.
(d) A house.
13. Who are the white men mentioned in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) Ben Franklin and George Washington.
(b) George Bush and Bill Clinton.
(c) Davy Crockett and Paul Bunyon.
(d) Daniel Boone and Jesse James.
14. Who is the object in "Damascus Bride" fit for?
(a) A prince.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A sultan.
15. What act of nature does the oak tree face in "A Scholar Looks at an Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is "Vesuvius" located?
2. What did slaves do on slaves ships in "Lento Grave"?
3. What do the people of Addis Ababa want to the bard to do?
4. What crash does "Larghetto" assert black men were not involved in?
5. In "The Blindness of Scorn," what does the Malay guide become caught in?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)