|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like in "The Mountain Climber"?
(a) Cold and snowy.
(b) Thunder and lightening.
2. Who does Tolson compare Crispus Attucks to?
(a) Patrick Henry.
(b) Sam Wheat.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Frederick Douglas.
3. What is the man in "A Hamlet Rives Us" doing during the poem?
(c) Expressing joy.
4. What does the black man want in "Tempo Primo"?
(c) A better tomorrow.
5. What type of animal is featured in "The Bard of Addis Ababa"?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
6. What act of nature does the oak tree face in "A Scholar Looks at an Oak"?
7. What do the people of Addis Ababa want to the bard to do?
(a) Berate them.
(b) Heal them.
(c) Empower them.
(d) Feed them.
8. Where do the hillmen think they should not build?
(b) The lake.
(c) The temple.
(d) The city square.
9. What is the result in "Rendezvous With America," of the historic places the poet speaks of?
(b) A legacy.
(d) A new president.
10. What emotion does the narrator of "Babylon" express?
11. How do the black men respond to the farmer in "Old Man Michael"?
(a) They kick him.
(b) They hate him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They laugh at him.
12. Who is "The Triumph Aster" dedicated to?
(a) W.E.B. Dubois.
(b) Wilfred Scott.
(c) Bok Choy.
(d) Madame Chiang.
13. According to "A Song for Myself," what can one find in death?
14. Why does the bartender judge the narrator in "An Ex-Judge at the Bar"?
(a) He killed a black soldier in the Flanders Field.
(b) He hit a woman.
(c) He doesn't drink scotch.
(d) He has no manners.
15. What religion is Louis Brandeis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanic in "The Shift of Gears" compare shifting too?
2. What does the historian want to know in "A Primer for Today"?
3. In "A Scholar Looks at an Oak," what happens to the tree's limbs?
4. What do the Indians in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake" do to the white man?
5. What does the bard in "The Bard of Addis Ababa" chant about?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)