|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the black man want in "Tempo Primo"?
(c) A better tomorrow.
2. What should separate the rose and the thorn in "The Unknown Soldier"?
3. How many parts is the poem "Dark Symphony"?
4. What concept does the poem "Tempo Primo" discuss?
(a) Education in America.
(b) Future versus past.
(c) The harlem pride.
(d) The new black man.
5. What object does the craftsman in "Damascus Bride" make?
(a) A blade.
(b) A table.
(c) A basket.
(d) A gun.
6. What can bad men not escape according to "A Song for Myself"?
(a) Their conscience.
(b) The police.
(d) The afterlife.
7. In "A Scholar Looks at an Oak," what happens to the tree's limbs?
(a) They are chopped up for wood.
(b) They sag.
(c) They burn.
(d) They stick straight up.
8. Who is Crispus Attucks?
(a) A band.
(b) A martyr in the American Revolution.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A theif.
9. According to the poet of "The Traitor to France," what is a traitor?
(a) A smart person.
(b) A thief.
(c) A hero.
(d) A loser.
10. What does the Malay wear in "The Blindness of Scorn"?
(a) A suit.
(b) A dress.
(c) A loin cloth.
(d) A robe.
11. What is a Hamlet?
(a) A murder.
(b) A ring.
(c) A flower.
(d) A slice of meat.
12. Who is Lin Yutang?
(a) A writer.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A painter.
(d) A boxer.
13. How many historic places does Tolson plan to rendezvous at?
14. Who meets in the sanctuary in "The Triumph Aster"?
(a) North and South.
(c) East and West.
(d) A man and woman.
15. What Indian tribe tied up the man in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the people that flock to America in "Rendezvous With America"?
2. Where do the hillmen think they should not build?
3. What does the historian want to know in "A Primer for Today"?
4. What does the mechanic in "The Shift of Gears" tell the narrator?
5. How does the poet describe the mongrel in "When Great Dogs Fight"?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)