Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet compare the foundation of America to in "Larghetto"?
(a) A desert.
(b) A stream.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A house.
2. How many historic places does Tolson plan to rendezvous at?
3. What is the result in "Rendezvous With America," of the historic places the poet speaks of?
(c) A legacy.
(d) A new president.
4. What will black people overcome according to "Tempo di Marcia"?
(a) The new election.
(b) The earthquake of 1920.
(c) Jim Crow laws.
(d) The fire of 1812.
5. What is the name of an historic place Tolson visits in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) Eiffel tower.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Empire State Building.
6. Why does the bartender judge the narrator in "An Ex-Judge at the Bar"?
(a) He doesn't drink scotch.
(b) He has no manners.
(c) He hit a woman.
(d) He killed a black soldier in the Flanders Field.
7. Who does Tolson compare the mountain climber's plight to?
(c) His father.
8. What industries does the poet describe in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) Cars and trucks.
(b) Hammers and cash registers.
(c) Steam train and tractor.
(d) Cotton and oil.
9. Who is La Guardia?
(a) A teacher,
(b) A mayor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A judge.
10. What does the historian want to know in "A Primer for Today"?
(a) The future.
(b) What happened to JFK.
(c) Whether change happens fast or slow.
(d) Who the last ten presidents were.
11. What sounds does the poet hear in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) Bells and whistles.
(b) The sounds of industry.
(c) The sounds of revolution.
(d) Cats and dogs.
12. In "If You Should Lie to Me," who is the narrator speaking to?
(a) His lover.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
13. What color is the object the craftsman in "Damascus Bride" makes?
(b) Black and white.
(d) Purple and green.
14. How does the economist in "A Primer for Today" claim change occurs?
(b) The stock market.
(d) Wealth and poverty.
15. What act of nature does the oak tree face in "A Scholar Looks at an Oak"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Malay wear in "The Blindness of Scorn"?
2. What did slaves do on slaves ships in "Lento Grave"?
3. In "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake," what are the sharecroppers doing?
4. What do the townspeople become interested in during the poem "The Street Called Straight"?
5. In "Larghetto," what has the black man not contributed to?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)