|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wise people think of the hillmen's opinions in "Vesuvius"?
(a) The hillmen are jealous.
(b) They are right.
(c) They are wrong.
(d) There are no wise men in town.
2. What does the poet think of Crispus Attucks?
(a) He is a bad person.
(b) He is a hero.
(c) He does not like him.
(d) He is a good person.
3. Who does the farmer in "Old Man Michael" blame for his bad crops?
(a) The weather.
(c) The workers.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What animal is mentioned in "A Legend of Versailles"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
5. What do the Indians in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake" do to the white man?
(a) Torture him.
(b) Invite him to dinner.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Share a peace pipe.
6. In "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake," what are the sharecroppers doing?
(c) Telling stories.
(d) Working in the field.
7. What do the people of Addis Ababa want to the bard to do?
(a) Berate them.
(b) Heal them.
(c) Empower them.
(d) Feed them.
8. Who is "The Triumph Aster" dedicated to?
(a) Wilfred Scott.
(b) Bok Choy.
(c) W.E.B. Dubois.
(d) Madame Chiang.
9. Where is "Vesuvius" located?
(a) Costa Rica.
10. What is La Guardia's ethnic background?
11. Who meets at Versailles?
(a) June Cleaver.
(b) President Obama.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Louis XVI.
12. What does love equal in "If You Should Lie to Me"?
13. In "The Blindness of Scorn," what does the Malay guide become caught in?
(a) A snake's coil.
(b) Quick. Sand.
(c) A sink hole.
(d) A web.
14. Where do the hillmen think they should not build?
(a) The city square.
(c) The lake.
(d) The temple.
15. What object does the craftsman in "Damascus Bride" make?
(a) A basket.
(b) A table.
(c) A blade.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the bones of the man and snake left behind in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake"?
2. How does the poet describe the people that flock to America in "Rendezvous With America"?
3. Who meets in the sanctuary in "The Triumph Aster"?
4. What does the historian want to know in "A Primer for Today"?
5. Why does the bartender judge the narrator in "An Ex-Judge at the Bar"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)