|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sonnets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "The Shift of Gears" take place?
(a) A garage.
(b) A school.
(c) A yard.
(d) A house.
2. How does the economist in "A Primer for Today" claim change occurs?
(a) Wealth and poverty.
(c) The stock market.
3. What is a Hamlet?
(a) A flower.
(b) A ring.
(c) A murder.
(d) A slice of meat.
4. What is the man in "A Hamlet Rives Us" doing during the poem?
(d) Expressing joy.
5. Who are the white men mentioned in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) Davy Crockett and Paul Bunyon.
(b) George Bush and Bill Clinton.
(c) Ben Franklin and George Washington.
(d) Daniel Boone and Jesse James.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Larghetto," what has the black man not contributed to?
2. Where are the bones of the man and snake left behind in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake"?
3. Why does the bartender judge the narrator in "An Ex-Judge at the Bar"?
4. What is the name of an historic place Tolson visits in "Rendezvous With America"?
5. Where did the one sharecropper travel in "The Ballad of the Rattlesnake"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)