|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sonnets.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does love equal in "If You Should Lie to Me"?
2. Who is Louis Brandeis?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A supreme court justice.
(d) A wrestler.
3. How does the poet describe the mongrel in "When Great Dogs Fight"?
4. Who does the skull the mountain climber finds belong to?
(a) A cow.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A previous climber.
(d) A bear.
5. In the poem "Rendezvous With America," what is the population that arrives in America like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet discuss in "A Song for Myself"?
2. How does the poet assert in "Dark Symphony" that black slaves created a brotherhood?
3. What does the narrator in "A Hamlet Rives Us" fail to acknowledge?
4. Who meets at Versailles?
5. What is Frederick Douglas famous for being?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)