|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dark Symphony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frederick Douglas famous for being?
(a) A painter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A musician.
(d) An abolitionist.
2. What is La Guardia's ethnic background?
3. What does the poet of "Rendezvous With America" claim America will face?
(a) A war with Russia.
(b) Great Wealth.
4. Who does Tolson compare Crispus Attucks to?
(a) Sam Wheat.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Patrick Henry.
(d) Frederick Douglas.
5. Who is Stokowski?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A composer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the white men mentioned in "Rendezvous With America"?
2. How might one view America after reading "Rendezvous With America"?
3. In "Tempo Primo," what black heroes are mentioned?
4. What hurts the farmer's feet in "Old Man Michael"?
5. How does the poet assert in "Dark Symphony" that black slaves created a brotherhood?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)