|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dark Symphony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sounds does the poet hear in "Rendezvous With America"?
(a) The sounds of revolution.
(b) The sounds of industry.
(c) Bells and whistles.
(d) Cats and dogs.
2. When does the town of fathers meet?
(a) July 4th.
(b) June 4th.
(c) September 8th.
(d) March 6th.
3. What is Frederick Douglas famous for being?
(a) A painter.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A musician.
4. What will black people overcome according to "Tempo di Marcia"?
(a) The fire of 1812.
(b) The new election.
(c) The earthquake of 1920.
(d) Jim Crow laws.
5. How does the poet assert in "Dark Symphony" that black slaves created a brotherhood?
(b) Through love.
(c) By code.
(d) Through tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept does the poem "Tempo Primo" discuss?
2. In the poem "Rendezvous With America," what is the population that arrives in America like?
3. In "When Great Dogs Fight" what does the mongrel steal at the end of the poem?
4. What crash does "Larghetto" assert black men were not involved in?
5. In "Tempo Primo," what black heroes are mentioned?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)