Quiz: Dark Symphony
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. How long does Tolson say blacks were enslaved in "Andante Sostenuto"?
a) 100 years.
b) 50 years.
c) 500 years.
d) 300 years.
2. What concept does the poem "Tempo Primo" discuss?
a) Future versus past.
b) The new black man.
c) The harlem pride.
d) Education in America.
3. What crash does "Larghetto" assert black men were not involved in?
b) Stock market.
4. What does Tolson say forgetting is akin to in "Andante Sostenuto"?
d) Spurning democracy.
5. What does the white man tell the black man to forget in "Andante Sostenuto"?
Short Answer Questions
This section contains 252 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)