|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Libretto for the Republic of Liberia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did slaves do on slaves ships in "Lento Grave"?
(b) Wrote books.
(d) Wrote letters.
2. How long does Tolson say blacks were enslaved in "Andante Sostenuto"?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 50 years.
3. What religion was celebrated in Timbuktu?
4. What tyrant does the narrator mention in "A Long Head to a Round Head"?
(b) Charles the Great.
(d) Louis XI.
5. What president is mentioned in "The Dictionary of the Wolf"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a teacher teach his students in "The Gallows"?
2. How do the black men respond to the farmer in "Old Man Michael"?
3. In "A Scholar Looks at an Oak," what happens to the tree's limbs?
4. What is culturally empty compared to Liberia according to "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia"?
5. Who is the "Libretto for the Republic of Liberia" dedicated to?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)