|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fugitive Poems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks her leg in "African China"?
(a) Dixie Dixon.
(b) Dot Duet.
(c) Mary Martin.
(d) Sally Suitor.
2. What does the poem "The Triumph Aster" hope for?
(a) A better world.
(c) Economic success.
3. How long does Tolson say blacks were enslaved in "Andante Sostenuto"?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. Who does Tolson compare Crispus Attucks to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Frederick Douglas.
(c) Sam Wheat.
(d) Patrick Henry.
5. What concept does the poem "Tempo Primo" discuss?
(a) Future versus past.
(b) The new black man.
(c) Education in America.
(d) The harlem pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will black people overcome according to "Tempo di Marcia"?
2. What does the poet think of Crispus Attucks?
3. What do the people of Addis Ababa want to the bard to do?
4. In "Tempo Primo," what black heroes are mentioned?
5. What is the name of the child that is born in "African China"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)