|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fugitive Poems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem "Vesuvius" about?
(a) A Greek god.
(b) A volcano.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A mountain.
2. How long does Tolson say blacks were enslaved in "Andante Sostenuto"?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 300 years.
3. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
(a) A Man from Halicarnassus.
(b) French history.
(c) Greek history.
4. What time period does "Lento Grave" discuss?
(a) Spanish America War.
(b) Civil War.
(d) The 20's.
5. What does "E.&O.E." stand for?
(a) Errors and out-takes excellent.
(b) Edgar and Oliver Ewelle.
(c) Errors and omissions excepted.
(d) Ears and orthopedics excellence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet think of Crispus Attucks?
2. What emotion does the narrator of "Babylon" express?
3. Where do the workers in "The Shipwright" feel they are citizens of?
4. What does the poet compare the foundation of America to in "Larghetto"?
5. What does the poem "The Triumph Aster" hope for?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)