|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fugitive Poems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the wise people think of the hillmen's opinions in "Vesuvius"?
(a) There are no wise men in town.
(b) They are right.
(c) They are wrong.
(d) The hillmen are jealous.
2. In "African China," who is Big John?
(a) A gigolo.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A bouncer.
3. What is the poem "Vesuvius" about?
(a) A volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A Greek god.
(d) A mountain.
4. What are the two ways of life according to "E.&O.E."?
(a) Scary and safe.
(b) Primitive and sophisticated.
(c) Old and new.
(d) Fun and dull.
5. Where do the hillmen think they should not build?
(a) The city square.
(b) The lake.
(c) The temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem "The Man from Halicarnassus" about?
2. What color is the object the craftsman in "Damascus Bride" makes?
3. What does the bard in "The Bard of Addis Ababa" chant about?
4. What type of animal is featured in "The Bard of Addis Ababa"?
5. Where is "Vesuvius" located?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)