|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
(d) The Sudetanland
2. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(a) Social Security.
(b) The Civil Rights Movement.
(d) The New Deal.
3. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Federal intervention.
(b) Personal freedom.
(c) The Gold Standard.
4. To whom did Myrna Loy send her infamous wire?
(b) A Czech dissident.
(c) A Soviet defector.
5. How does Dr. Martin Bickham recommend his employers help struggling Americans during the Depression?
(a) Develop work programs.
(b) Issue relief through churches.
(c) Organize bread lines.
(d) Contribute to governmental efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
2. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
3. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
4. What does Edward Burgess discuss buying at the beginning of his interview in Merely Passing Through?
5. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)