|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
(a) The Yippies.
(c) The Weathermen.
(d) The Hari-Krishnas.
2. What Depression-era event terrified social worker Eileen Barth?
(a) A union riot in Cleveland.
(b) A caseworker's murder.
(c) An assassination attemp on FDR.
(d) A bomb threat at her office.
3. What was the name of the private relief organization that Dr. Martin Bickham worked with in the 1930's?
(a) United Charity.
(b) Helping Hands.
(c) Relief Alternatives.
(d) Philanthropists Agglomerated.
4. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) John Gielgud.
(b) Lee Strasburg.
(c) Lawrence Olivier.
(d) Orson Welles.
5. How does Dr. Martin Bickham recommend his employers help struggling Americans during the Depression?
(a) Organize bread lines.
(b) Develop work programs.
(c) Contribute to governmental efforts.
(d) Issue relief through churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
2. Where did Max R. Naiman and his worker's rights clients end up sleeping after he got them acquitted?
3. Why was Ward James fired from his job in the 1930's?
4. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
5. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)