|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of his interview, Horace Cayton discusses why black Americans never joined what group en masse?
(a) The Republicans.
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Wobblies.
(d) The Unions.
2. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He promoted market speculation.
(b) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(c) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
(d) He was not an American citizen.
3. To whom did Myrna Loy send her infamous wire?
(c) A Soviet defector.
(d) A Czech dissident.
4. Why was Ward James fired from his job in the 1930's?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(c) Union activity.
(d) Lack of money to pay him.
5. What does Edward Burgess say he never saw in Chicago in the 1930's?
(a) Union strikes.
(b) Apple carts.
(c) Speakeasy raids.
(d) Bread lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
2. What was the principal desire driving black protest in the 1930's according to Horace Cayton?
3. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
4. Why did Huey Long not run for president in 1936?
5. What accusation was made against Dr. Francis Townsend in his time?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)