|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) He invested in gold.
(b) He invested in his own business.
(c) He had no stocks.
(d) He had his money overseas.
2. According to historian Christopher Lasch, what was never a serious possibility in the Depression?
(a) Annexation by Canada.
(b) A right-wing reaction.
(c) Loss of personal freedom.
3. Why was Ward James fired from his job in the 1930's?
(a) Union activity.
(b) Lack of money to pay him.
(d) Drinking on the job.
4. How did some states begin paying public school teachers in the 1930's?
(a) With Canadian money.
(b) With store vouchers.
(c) With IOU's.
(d) With food.
5. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) Hiram Sherman.
(b) Marc Blitzstein.
(c) John Houseman.
(d) George Gershwin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory makes Elsa Ponselle laugh during her interview in Public Servant-The City?
2. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
3. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
4. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
5. Why did Ray Wax flee his parents home?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)