Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prison where Scoop Lankford was held in the 1930's try to feed the inmates at the worst times?
(d) Rotten sardines.
2. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
(a) They tarred and feathered him.
(b) They burned down his house.
(c) They lynched him.
(d) They lobbied to have him removed.
3. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
(a) He interviewed the leaders of the mob.
(b) He had to flee town.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He became judge of the county.
4. According to Scoop Lankford, when did conditions finally improve in the prison?
(a) When Truman took office.
(b) When the war started.
(c) When the rioting started.
(d) When the WPA started.
5. In the 1930's W. Clement Stone made his money selling what?
(b) Life insurance.
(c) Wholesale grain feed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
2. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
3. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
4. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
5. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)