|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
2. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A bed.
(b) A new sweater.
(c) A trip to the movies.
(d) A hot meal.
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A labor organizer.
(b) A poet.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) A priest.
4. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(b) Door-to-door salesman.
(c) Con man.
5. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She refurbished sofas.
(b) She made pastries.
(c) She ran a speakeasy.
(d) She was a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
2. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
3. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
4. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
5. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Winston Roberts of Chicago survive the Depression?
2. What is Doc Graham's attitude toward Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Why is Jerome Zerbe's interview oddly disturbing?
4. How does Terkel explain his purposes in writing Hard Times?
5. How did hobos get by during the Depression?
6. How did the jazz community take care of its own in the Depression?
7. How did Yip Harburg find his way to making music?
8. Why was psychoanalysis largely ineffective in the Depression?
9. How did Blackie Gold end up maintaining national forests in the 1930's?
10. What resources for the transient did Ed Paulson discover during the Depression?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)