Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
6. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
7. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
This section contains 4,782 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)