|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
(a) The Hitler-Stalin Pact.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Cultural Revolution.
(d) Stalin's purges.
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(b) The owner of a chain of delis.
(c) A military advisor to Hoover.
(d) The Secretary of Education.
3. What event discussed earlier in the book does Harry Norgard think was destructive to society?
(a) The Chicago teachers' strike.
(b) The Bank Holiday.
(c) The Cradle Will Rock premiere.
(d) The Detroit sit-in.
4. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
(a) Have an affair.
(b) Paint a house.
(c) Redo the upholstery of a car.
(d) Fish at a nearby lake.
5. Who does Billy Green credit with his success in business?
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
2. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
3. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
4. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
5. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)