|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about a teachers' strike in the 1930's?
(a) They left town for fear of violent reprisal.
(b) They continued to teach throughout.
(c) They protested at City Hall, not the schools.
(d) They protested in private, writing letters.
2. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) Lawrence Olivier.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) John Gielgud.
(d) Lee Strasburg.
3. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
(a) An ancestor of Frederick Douglass.
(b) An African prince.
(c) Marcus Garvey's grandson.
(d) Medgar Evers.
4. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(b) Penny entertainments.
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Railway worker.
(b) Union organizer.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Primary school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
2. Who does Billy Green credit with his success in business?
3. Why did a significant number of people flee public housing in 1949?
4. What does the young man in the final interview of Arrests and Other Running Sores do for a living?
5. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)