|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Gene Siskel.
(d) Vincent Canby.
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They worked for a newspaper.
(b) They were actuaries.
(c) They ran a hotel.
(d) They worked a farm.
4. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(c) Soda bottles.
5. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) Marc Blitzstein.
(b) George Gershwin.
(c) John Houseman.
(d) Hiram Sherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
2. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
3. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
4. What event discussed earlier in the book does Harry Norgard think was destructive to society?
5. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)