|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(b) Pass the WPO.
(c) Repeal Prohibition.
(d) Get Hoover out of office.
2. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Gene Siskel.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Pauline Kael.
(d) Vincent Canby.
3. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
4. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
5. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) A run on failing banks.
(b) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
(c) The decimation of people's savings.
(d) The emigration of bank owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ray Wax flee his parents home?
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
3. What writer did Ray Wax take as his model during the Depression?
4. What food staple did Virginia press dispensaries to open during the Depression?
5. What accusation was made against Dr. Francis Townsend in his time?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)