|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer did Ray Wax take as his model during the Depression?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Horatio Alger.
2. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
(b) The Sudetanland
3. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They stopped charging all together.
(b) They only charged for first acts.
(c) They increased their ticket rates.
(d) They only charged for second acts.
4. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(b) Corn growers.
(c) Jazz musicians.
(d) Auto workers.
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(a) Literary Digest.
(c) The New Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
2. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
3. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
4. What does the young man in the final interview of Arrests and Other Running Sores do for a living?
5. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)