|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A birthright.
(b) A personal failing.
(c) A sin.
(d) A mark of holiness.
2. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Gene Siskel.
(b) Pauline Kael.
(c) Vincent Canby.
(d) Roger Ebert.
3. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
(a) The US seemed set to ally with the USSR.
(b) Hoover's administration was riddled with communists.
(c) World War I destabilized many western democracies.
(d) Capitalism seemed doomed.
4. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(b) He walked the whole way.
(c) He hitched rides.
(d) He rode a boxcar.
5. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
(b) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
(c) They are all fired.
(d) The union is instituted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
2. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
3. At the end of his interview, Horace Cayton discusses why black Americans never joined what group en masse?
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
5. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)