|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
2. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
(a) Ventilating mines.
(b) Offering medical examinations.
(c) Switching out workers every 8 hours.
(d) Spraying down shafts.
3. What did the Chicago Worker's Alliance protect against?
(b) Relief fraud.
(c) Employer intimidation.
(d) Health violations.
4. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(b) A military advisor to Hoover.
(c) The owner of a chain of delis.
(d) The Secretary of Education.
5. Of what does Virginia Durr say the Depression cured her?
(a) Her conservatism.
(b) Her naivete.
(c) Her racism.
(d) Her love of country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
2. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
3. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
4. How does Dr. Martin Bickham recommend his employers help struggling Americans during the Depression?
5. According to Samuel A. Heller, what did police often do with arraigned people awaiting trial in the 1930's?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)