|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1930's what did Virginia Durr push to abolish?
(a) The Wagner Act.
(b) The poll tax.
(d) Interrment camps.
2. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Pig's feet.
(d) Brussel sprouts.
4. Where does Reed's father want Reed to go for his post-graduate vacation?
(b) The Caribbean.
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(c) The New Republic.
(d) Literary Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
2. How was public housing viewed differently by the public in the 1930's than it is today?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
4. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
5. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)