|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(b) The Secretary of Education.
(c) A military advisor to Hoover.
(d) The owner of a chain of delis.
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(b) Military services.
(d) Financial sector.
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Pig's feet.
(c) Brussel sprouts.
4. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Having to stand on line for a job.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
(d) Losing her house.
5. Where did Max R. Naiman and his worker's rights clients end up sleeping after he got them acquitted?
(a) A YMCA.
(b) A boxcar.
(c) On the steps of the courthouse.
(d) A city park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
2. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
3. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
4. What does Edward Burgess say he never saw in Chicago in the 1930's?
5. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)