|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
(b) The union is instituted.
(c) They are all fired.
(d) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
2. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
(a) The penny arcade.
(b) The fan dance.
(c) The knock-knock joke.
(d) The Charleston.
3. What was the Actors Union's response to The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) It stipulated only five of its members could perform in it.
(b) It refused to intervene.
(c) It insisted the production go on as scheduled.
(d) It barred actors from performing it onstage.
4. What was the principal desire driving black protest in the 1930's according to Horace Cayton?
(b) Voting rights.
(d) Societal acceptance.
5. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) To highlight their struggle to survive.
(b) To boost the price.
(c) To feed locals.
(d) The avoid the spread of colic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
2. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
3. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. At the end of his interview, Horace Cayton discusses why black Americans never joined what group en masse?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)