|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Myrna Loy suspect of being the force behind her inability to meet FDR?
(a) Martin Dies.
(b) Louis B. Mayer.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To say hello to loved ones.
(b) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(c) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(d) To track the places they have been.
3. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Sixteen Tons.
(b) We're In the Money.
(c) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(d) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
4. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
(a) Switching out workers every 8 hours.
(b) Ventilating mines.
(c) Offering medical examinations.
(d) Spraying down shafts.
5. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
(a) They nailed shut the factory doors.
(b) They shut down the highway.
(c) They burned a scab's house down.
(d) They paid scabs not to go to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of protest does Horace Cayton discuss in Honor and Humiliation?
2. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
4. What does Edward Burgess say he never saw in Chicago in the 1930's?
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)