|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They were actuaries.
(b) They ran a hotel.
(c) They worked a farm.
(d) They worked for a newspaper.
2. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
(a) An African prince.
(b) Marcus Garvey's grandson.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) An ancestor of Frederick Douglass.
3. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Grapes of Wrath.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) Democracy in America.
(d) Les Miserables.
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(b) Pitch man.
(c) Con man.
(d) Door-to-door salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
2. How is Reed's father trying to affect his trip destination decision after graduation?
3. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
4. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)