|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(b) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(c) We're In the Money.
(d) Sixteen Tons.
2. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) His left-leaning views.
(b) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His loss of a hand.
3. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) The Secretary of Education.
(b) A military advisor to Hoover.
(c) The owner of a chain of delis.
(d) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
4. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
(a) The Yippies.
(b) The Weathermen.
(d) The Hari-Krishnas.
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Democracy in America.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) Les Miserables.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
2. What does Emma Tiller say in her interview is as important as money?
3. What moment excited Wilbur Kane to the point of mocking his German neighbors?
4. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
5. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)