|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
2. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
(a) The US seemed set to ally with the USSR.
(b) World War I destabilized many western democracies.
(c) Capitalism seemed doomed.
(d) Hoover's administration was riddled with communists.
3. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He was a Communist.
(b) He bought his elections.
(c) He saved America.
(d) His programs stemmed suffering.
4. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(b) The Civil Rights Movement.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) Social Security.
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Primary school teacher.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Railway worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
2. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
3. What event discussed earlier in the book does Harry Norgard think was destructive to society?
4. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)