|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She refurbished sofas.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
2. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
(a) They lynched him.
(b) They lobbied to have him removed.
(c) They burned down his house.
(d) They tarred and feathered him.
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Gene Siskel.
(d) Vincent Canby.
4. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed from the audience.
(b) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(c) They performed it in Spanish.
(d) They performed on the street.
5. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
(a) A cudgel used to kill a union leader.
(b) Dossiers on his workers.
(c) A union card.
(d) Anti-union pamphlets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
3. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
4. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
5. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)