|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed from the audience.
(b) They performed it in Spanish.
(c) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(d) They performed on the street.
2. Why did a significant number of people flee public housing in 1949?
(a) The units were integrated.
(b) The units were found to be unsafely constructed.
(c) The governement decreased funding to it.
(d) The war increased income across the board.
3. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(b) Sixteen Tons.
(c) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(d) We're In the Money.
4. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Having to stand on line for a job.
(b) Losing her house.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
5. In the Epilogue, Reed and his father disagree about the meaning of what abstract term?
(a) American dream.
(c) American tradition.
(d) The good life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
3. What accusation was made against Dr. Francis Townsend in his time?
4. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
5. At the end of his interview, Horace Cayton discusses why black Americans never joined what group en masse?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)