|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(b) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
(c) Tremors and nausea.
(d) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
2. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
(a) He tried to pack the Supreme Court.
(b) He waited too long to take on Hitler.
(c) He did away with the NRA.
(d) He stayed in office past two full terms.
3. In what country did William Patterson study economics for a time?
(c) The USSR.
4. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) The decimation of people's savings.
(b) The emigration of bank owners.
(c) A run on failing banks.
(d) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
5. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
2. What Depression-era event terrified social worker Eileen Barth?
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)