|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He was a stagehand.
(d) He directed it.
2. What did the Chicago Worker's Alliance protect against?
(a) Health violations.
(b) Employer intimidation.
(c) Relief fraud.
3. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Dustbin salesman.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Radio performer.
(d) Advertising copy editor.
4. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(b) To say hello to loved ones.
(c) To track the places they have been.
(d) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
5. What memory makes Elsa Ponselle laugh during her interview in Public Servant-The City?
(a) The fear millionaires had during the Depression.
(b) Her family accusing her of being a Bolshevik.
(c) The propaganda posters the government put out.
(d) The debates that led to the creation of the teacher's union.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
2. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
3. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)