|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(c) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
2. How was public housing viewed differently by the public in the 1930's than it is today?
(a) It was not thoroughly understood.
(b) It was thought nicer than private housing.
(c) It was despised by the wealthy.
(d) It was open to people of all income brackets.
3. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
(b) Food rations.
(c) Company vouchers.
4. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(a) Penny entertainments.
5. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(b) Financial sector.
(c) University administration.
(d) Military services.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
2. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
3. In what country did William Patterson study economics for a time?
4. In the 1930's W. Clement Stone made his money selling what?
5. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)