|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Actors Union's response to The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) It refused to intervene.
(b) It stipulated only five of its members could perform in it.
(c) It barred actors from performing it onstage.
(d) It insisted the production go on as scheduled.
2. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Democracy in America.
(b) Les Miserables.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
3. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A labor organizer.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Emma Tiller say in her interview is as important as money?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
3. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
4. Who does Myrna Loy suspect of being the force behind her inability to meet FDR?
5. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)