|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His friend's father killed himself.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His lights were turned off.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Radio performer.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Dustbin salesman.
(d) Advertising copy editor.
3. What was the principal desire driving black protest in the 1930's according to Horace Cayton?
(a) Societal acceptance.
(b) Voting rights.
4. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) He invested in his own business.
(b) He had his money overseas.
(c) He invested in gold.
(d) He had no stocks.
5. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
(a) Its centralization of executive power.
(b) The Stalinist collectivism.
(c) The nationalization of industry.
(d) Almost nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
3. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
4. Who does Myrna Loy suspect of being the force behind her inability to meet FDR?
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)