|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward Burgess say he never saw in Chicago in the 1930's?
(a) Speakeasy raids.
(b) Apple carts.
(c) Bread lines.
(d) Union strikes.
2. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He bought his elections.
(b) He saved America.
(c) His programs stemmed suffering.
(d) He was a Communist.
3. What was the Actors Union's response to The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) It barred actors from performing it onstage.
(b) It insisted the production go on as scheduled.
(c) It stipulated only five of its members could perform in it.
(d) It refused to intervene.
4. What issue does Stanley Kell surprisingly support?
(a) George McGovern's campaign.
(b) Legalizing marijuana.
(c) Leaving Vietnam.
5. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
2. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
3. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
4. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
5. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)