|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
2. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He bought his elections.
(b) He saved America.
(c) He was a Communist.
(d) His programs stemmed suffering.
3. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(a) The New Deal.
(b) The Civil Rights Movement.
(d) Social Security.
4. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never had money to begin with.
(b) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(c) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(d) They never bought on credit.
5. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
3. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
4. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)