|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(d) Emigrating to Mexico.
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) The Secretary of Education.
(b) A military advisor to Hoover.
(c) The owner of a chain of delis.
(d) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
3. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed from the audience.
(b) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(c) They performed it in Spanish.
(d) They performed on the street.
4. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
(b) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
(c) The union is instituted.
(d) They are all fired.
5. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
(a) Church raisings.
(b) Town hall meetings.
(c) Progressive political rallies.
(d) UMW locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
2. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
3. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
4. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
5. What was Huey Long's central message in his nationally broadcast speeches?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)