|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Myrna Loy send her infamous wire?
(b) A Soviet defector.
(c) A Czech dissident.
2. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) Those who ignore poverty.
(b) America's involvement with Vietnam.
(c) The widespread use of drugs.
(d) The election of Richard Nixon.
3. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) His smile.
(b) His voice.
(c) His cufflinks.
(d) His tailcoats.
4. Why did Huey Long not run for president in 1936?
(a) He became Roosevelt's Chief of Staff.
(b) He was embroiled in scandals.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He chose to retire.
5. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A locally owned cloth factory.
(b) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(c) A Ford auto plant.
(d) A Rockefeller steel mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did William Patterson study economics for a time?
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
3. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)