|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They had bake sales.
(b) They were entirely composed of women.
(c) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(d) They had black members.
2. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They only charged for first acts.
(b) They increased their ticket rates.
(c) They only charged for second acts.
(d) They stopped charging all together.
3. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
4. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) He had no stocks.
(b) He had his money overseas.
(c) He invested in his own business.
(d) He invested in gold.
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
(a) He performed The Cradle Will Rock.
(b) He voted to disband the union.
(c) He was branded a communist.
(d) He quit acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. Who were the "service department" of Detroit?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
4. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
5. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)