|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
(a) The CIO.
(b) The Catholic Workers.
(c) The Wobblies.
(d) The Communists.
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) The government.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Charity organizations.
(d) Their wives.
3. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(c) Door-to-door salesman.
(d) Con man.
4. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A locally owned cloth factory.
(b) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(c) A Ford auto plant.
(d) A Rockefeller steel mill.
5. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Personal freedom.
(b) Federal intervention.
(d) The Gold Standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
2. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
3. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)