|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
(a) They burned a scab's house down.
(b) They paid scabs not to go to work.
(c) They nailed shut the factory doors.
(d) They shut down the highway.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their school.
3. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
(a) He stayed in office past two full terms.
(b) He did away with the NRA.
(c) He tried to pack the Supreme Court.
(d) He waited too long to take on Hitler.
4. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The Catholic Workers.
(c) The Wobblies.
(d) The CIO.
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
(d) External stimuli.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
2. What does Edward Burgess discuss buying at the beginning of his interview in Merely Passing Through?
3. According to Scoop Lankford, when did conditions finally improve in the prison?
4. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
5. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)