|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed from the audience.
(b) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(c) They performed it in Spanish.
(d) They performed on the street.
2. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Father Coughlin.
(b) Alf Landon.
(c) Doctor Townsend.
(d) Huey Long.
3. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) A trip to the movies.
(c) A new sweater.
(d) A bed.
4. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Harold Ickes.
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(b) They never had money to begin with.
(c) They never bought on credit.
(d) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
3. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
4. Why did Huey Long not run for president in 1936?
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)