|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward Burgess discuss buying at the beginning of his interview in Merely Passing Through?
(a) A rack of lamb.
(b) A Studebaker.
(c) A pair of Florsheim shoes.
(d) A yacht.
2. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He came out in support of the union.
(b) He did not send in troops.
(c) He refused to comment on the strike.
(d) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
3. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) Huey Long's home district.
(b) The blues.
(c) A real American Hooverville.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
4. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) He invested in gold.
(b) He invested in his own business.
(c) He had his money overseas.
(d) He had no stocks.
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
3. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
4. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)