|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Union organizers on private property.
(b) Violent removal of striking workers.
(c) Government money going to unions.
(d) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(b) Tear gas.
(d) Water cannon.
3. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
4. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
5. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(d) Die work.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
2. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
3. Who does Myrna Loy suspect of being the force behind her inability to meet FDR?
4. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)