|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) His tailcoats.
(b) His voice.
(c) His smile.
(d) His cufflinks.
2. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Radio advertising.
(d) Direct mail.
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They ran a hotel.
(b) They worked a farm.
(c) They worked for a newspaper.
(d) They were actuaries.
4. Who does Myrna Loy suspect of being the force behind her inability to meet FDR?
(a) Louis B. Mayer.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Martin Dies.
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(a) Repeal Prohibition.
(b) Pass the WPO.
(d) Get Hoover out of office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
2. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
3. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
4. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
5. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)