|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A mark of holiness.
(b) A personal failing.
(c) A sin.
(d) A birthright.
2. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) His left-leaning views.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His loss of a hand.
(d) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
3. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(b) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(c) It demeans her life experience.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To provide for one's family.
(b) To give to the poor.
(c) To have influence.
(d) To make more money.
5. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(c) Newspaper printers.
(d) Cigar rollers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
3. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
4. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
5. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)