|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(d) Die work.
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) He had to miss days of school.
(b) His lights were turned off.
(c) His friend's father killed himself.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
3. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
(a) Not revealing his health problems to the public.
(b) Creating the NRA.
(c) Entering World War II.
(d) Running for a third term.
4. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
5. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(b) A Rockefeller steel mill.
(c) A Ford auto plant.
(d) A locally owned cloth factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
2. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
3. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
4. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)