|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their school.
2. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(a) Newspaper printers.
(b) Cigar rollers.
3. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
(a) The Jungle.
(b) Of Mice and Men.
(c) Tender is the Night.
(d) Tobacco Road.
4. What does Wilbur Kane still dislike about Roosevelt?
(a) He tried to pack the Supreme Court.
(b) He stayed in office past two full terms.
(c) He did away with the NRA.
(d) He waited too long to take on Hitler.
5. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
(a) Offering medical examinations.
(b) Ventilating mines.
(c) Switching out workers every 8 hours.
(d) Spraying down shafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
2. What accusation was made against Dr. Francis Townsend in his time?
3. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
4. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
5. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)