|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She made pastries.
(c) She refurbished sofas.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
3. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
(b) The poor public servant.
(c) King Frank.
(d) The indispensible man.
4. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) His tailcoats.
(b) His smile.
(c) His voice.
(d) His cufflinks.
5. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He was not an American citizen.
(b) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(c) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
(d) He promoted market speculation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
3. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
4. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)