|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
(a) The Yippies.
(c) The Hari-Krishnas.
(d) The Weathermen.
2. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Personal freedom.
(b) Federal intervention.
(d) The Gold Standard.
3. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
4. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(a) Penny entertainments.
5. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He hitched rides.
(b) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(c) He walked the whole way.
(d) He rode a boxcar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
2. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
3. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
4. What does Edward Burgess say he never saw in Chicago in the 1930's?
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)