|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who were poor already.
(b) Black people.
(c) The financial giants.
(d) Those who thought it foolproof.
2. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
(a) The nationalization of industry.
(b) Almost nothing.
(c) Its centralization of executive power.
(d) The Stalinist collectivism.
3. According to historian Christopher Lasch, what was never a serious possibility in the Depression?
(a) Loss of personal freedom.
(b) Annexation by Canada.
(d) A right-wing reaction.
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(b) It demeans her life experience.
(c) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
(a) He was branded a communist.
(b) He performed The Cradle Will Rock.
(c) He quit acting.
(d) He voted to disband the union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
2. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
4. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
5. What moment excited Wilbur Kane to the point of mocking his German neighbors?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)