|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He was a Communist.
(b) His programs stemmed suffering.
(c) He saved America.
(d) He bought his elections.
2. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Harold Ickes.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(b) Corn Flakes.
(c) The Boston Globe.
4. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Brussel sprouts.
(b) Pig's feet.
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Radio performer.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Advertising copy editor.
(d) Dustbin salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
2. What does Edward Burgess discuss buying at the beginning of his interview in Merely Passing Through?
3. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
4. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
5. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)