|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Civil Rights Movement.
(d) Social Security.
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
3. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
(a) Ventilating mines.
(b) Switching out workers every 8 hours.
(c) Spraying down shafts.
(d) Offering medical examinations.
4. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(b) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
(c) He began hiring white workers.
(d) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
5. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
2. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
3. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
5. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)