|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(b) It demeans her life experience.
(c) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(d) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(b) Her family.
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
3. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
(a) They lynched him.
(b) They tarred and feathered him.
(c) They lobbied to have him removed.
(d) They burned down his house.
4. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) He had no stocks.
(b) He invested in gold.
(c) He had his money overseas.
(d) He invested in his own business.
5. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Harold Ickes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
2. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
3. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)