|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They were entirely composed of women.
(b) They had bake sales.
(c) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(d) They had black members.
2. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
(a) They were barely talked about.
(b) They were commodities to be sold.
(c) They were boogeymen.
(d) They were folk heroes.
4. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
(b) He refused to comment on the strike.
(c) He did not send in troops.
(d) He came out in support of the union.
5. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
3. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
4. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
5. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)