|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A birthright.
(b) A personal failing.
(c) A sin.
(d) A mark of holiness.
2. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
(a) It slaughtered thousands of cows.
(b) It tried to buy out General Mills.
(c) It nationalized the dairy industry.
(d) It combined farms under a federal banner.
3. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
4. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) Those who ignore poverty.
(b) America's involvement with Vietnam.
(c) The election of Richard Nixon.
(d) The widespread use of drugs.
5. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) The avoid the spread of colic.
(b) To feed locals.
(c) To highlight their struggle to survive.
(d) To boost the price.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
2. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
3. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
4. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
5. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)