|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A poet.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A labor organizer.
2. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A rigged casino.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A private club.
(d) A Roman orgy.
3. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never bought on credit.
(b) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(c) They never had money to begin with.
(d) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
4. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A boarding school.
(d) A military post.
5. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(a) Social Security.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Civil Rights Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
2. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
3. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
4. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)