|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(b) Con man.
(c) Door-to-door salesman.
(d) Pitch man.
2. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) A military post.
(b) A boarding school.
(d) An orphanage.
3. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
(b) The union is instituted.
(c) They are all fired.
(d) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
4. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
(a) A union card.
(b) Anti-union pamphlets.
(c) A cudgel used to kill a union leader.
(d) Dossiers on his workers.
5. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) All Republicans would be voted out.
(b) We would rebound faster.
(c) The Soviets would take over.
(d) There would be widespread violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
2. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
4. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
5. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)