|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) They are all fired.
(b) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
(c) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
(d) The union is instituted.
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Radio advertising.
(b) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(d) Direct mail.
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A rigged casino.
(b) A Roman orgy.
(c) A private club.
(d) A candy store.
5. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
(a) Town hall meetings.
(b) Progressive political rallies.
(c) Church raisings.
(d) UMW locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
4. According to historian Christopher Lasch, what was never a serious possibility in the Depression?
5. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)