|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They slept in train stations.
(b) The slept in front of the White House.
(c) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(d) They occupied federal buildings.
2. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
3. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
(a) Stalin's purges.
(b) The Hitler-Stalin Pact.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Cultural Revolution.
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(c) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(d) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
5. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(b) Radio advertising.
(c) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(d) Direct mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
3. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
5. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)