|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(c) Con man.
(d) Door-to-door salesman.
2. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
(a) World War I destabilized many western democracies.
(b) Capitalism seemed doomed.
(c) The US seemed set to ally with the USSR.
(d) Hoover's administration was riddled with communists.
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(b) A Ford auto plant.
(c) A Rockefeller steel mill.
(d) A locally owned cloth factory.
4. In what country did William Patterson study economics for a time?
(b) The USSR.
5. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(b) Military services.
(c) Financial sector.
(d) University administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
2. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
3. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
4. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)