|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
(b) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(c) He was not an American citizen.
(d) He promoted market speculation.
2. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
(a) Paint a house.
(b) Redo the upholstery of a car.
(c) Fish at a nearby lake.
(d) Have an affair.
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(b) A locally owned cloth factory.
(c) A Rockefeller steel mill.
(d) A Ford auto plant.
4. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
5. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(d) Emigrating to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
2. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
3. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
5. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)