|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(b) Government money going to unions.
(c) Union organizers on private property.
(d) Violent removal of striking workers.
2. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Vincent Canby.
(b) Gene Siskel.
(c) Roger Ebert.
(d) Pauline Kael.
3. According to Max Shachtman, why was Communism especially vital just before FDR was elected?
(a) The US seemed set to ally with the USSR.
(b) Hoover's administration was riddled with communists.
(c) Capitalism seemed doomed.
(d) World War I destabilized many western democracies.
4. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(b) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
(c) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(d) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
5. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(c) Cigar rollers.
(d) Newspaper printers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
2. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
5. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)