|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(b) Die work.
2. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(b) Federal intervention.
(c) Personal freedom.
(d) The Gold Standard.
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. What accusation was made against Dr. Francis Townsend in his time?
(a) Womanizing behavior.
(b) Stealing from the elderly.
(c) Aspiring to the Presidency.
(d) Being a Communist.
5. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A military post.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
2. Why did Huey Long not run for president in 1936?
3. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
4. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
5. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)