|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(b) Tremors and nausea.
(c) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(d) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
2. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
(a) Almost nothing.
(b) Its centralization of executive power.
(c) The nationalization of industry.
(d) The Stalinist collectivism.
3. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Military isolation.
(b) Anti-union legislation.
(c) Worker's rights.
(d) Wall Street reform.
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To promote innovation.
(d) To make one feel useful.
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Primary school teacher.
(b) Union organizer.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Railway worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
3. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
5. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)