|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(c) Emigrating to Mexico.
2. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) A run on failing banks.
(b) The decimation of people's savings.
(c) The emigration of bank owners.
(d) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
3. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He was a Communist.
(b) He saved America.
(c) His programs stemmed suffering.
(d) He bought his elections.
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A priest.
(d) A labor organizer.
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He began hiring white workers.
(b) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(c) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
(d) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
2. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
3. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
4. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
5. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)