|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
(a) It combined farms under a federal banner.
(b) It nationalized the dairy industry.
(c) It tried to buy out General Mills.
(d) It slaughtered thousands of cows.
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) In his sock.
(d) In a Swiss account.
3. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
(a) Fish at a nearby lake.
(b) Paint a house.
(c) Have an affair.
(d) Redo the upholstery of a car.
4. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She refurbished sofas.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She ran a speakeasy.
(d) She made pastries.
5. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(b) Violent removal of striking workers.
(c) Government money going to unions.
(d) Union organizers on private property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
2. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
4. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
5. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)