|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(b) Newspaper printers.
(c) Cigar rollers.
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His lights were turned off.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His friend's father killed himself.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
3. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Alf Landon.
(b) Doctor Townsend.
(c) Father Coughlin.
(d) Huey Long.
4. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
5. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He came out in support of the union.
(b) He refused to comment on the strike.
(c) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
(d) He did not send in troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
3. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
4. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
5. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)