|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Primary school teacher.
(b) Railway worker.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Social worker.
3. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(b) His loss of a hand.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His left-leaning views.
4. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) The widespread use of drugs.
(b) America's involvement with Vietnam.
(c) The election of Richard Nixon.
(d) Those who ignore poverty.
5. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
(b) Hardcore pornography.
(c) Celebrity photography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
3. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
4. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
5. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)