|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
(b) The Weathermen.
(c) The Hari-Krishnas.
(d) The Yippies.
2. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
(a) His stutter.
(b) His lack of clarity.
(c) His anti-Semitism.
(d) His vulgarity.
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(a) Get Hoover out of office.
(b) Pass the WPO.
(d) Repeal Prohibition.
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(b) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(c) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(d) It demeans her life experience.
5. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) A military advisor to Hoover.
(b) The Secretary of Education.
(c) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(d) The owner of a chain of delis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
2. According to historian Christopher Lasch, what was never a serious possibility in the Depression?
3. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
4. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
5. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)