|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Direct mail.
(c) Radio advertising.
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A lost cause.
(b) A southern belle.
(c) A habitual instigator.
(d) A woman of ill repute.
3. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
(b) Having to stand on line for a job.
(c) Losing her house.
(d) Her father's death.
4. Of what sixties-era organization is Robert A. Baird's son Peter a member?
(b) The Hari-Krishnas.
(c) The Weathermen.
(d) The Yippies.
5. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(a) Cigar rollers.
(b) Newspaper printers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
4. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
5. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)