|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He came out in support of the union.
(b) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
(c) He refused to comment on the strike.
(d) He did not send in troops.
2. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
(a) Bob La Follette.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Huey Long.
3. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(b) Blacks were always worse off.
(c) Blacks were actually better off.
(d) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
4. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(b) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(c) They never had money to begin with.
(d) They never bought on credit.
5. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
3. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
4. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
5. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)