|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
(a) The penny arcade.
(b) The fan dance.
(c) The knock-knock joke.
(d) The Charleston.
2. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Pig's feet.
(d) Brussel sprouts.
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Union organizers on private property.
(b) Violent removal of striking workers.
(c) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(d) Government money going to unions.
5. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) A real American Hooverville.
(b) Huey Long's home district.
(c) The blues.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
2. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
3. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
4. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
5. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)