|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Union organizer.
(b) Railway worker.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Primary school teacher.
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(b) It demeans her life experience.
(c) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(d) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who were poor already.
(b) The financial giants.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) Black people.
4. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) The slept in front of the White House.
(b) They slept in train stations.
(c) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(d) They occupied federal buildings.
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A labor organizer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A poet.
(d) An entertainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)