|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To give to the poor.
(b) To make more money.
(c) To have influence.
(d) To provide for one's family.
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To promote innovation.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To keep people out of trouble.
3. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
(a) Celebrity photography.
(b) Hardcore pornography.
4. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(c) Brussel sprouts.
(d) Pig's feet.
5. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He performed on the radio.
(b) He assessed people on relief.
(c) He maintained national forests.
(d) He wrote for a national labor journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the "service department" of Detroit?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
5. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)