|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Circus booker.
(b) Dustbin salesman.
(c) Advertising copy editor.
(d) Radio performer.
2. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) World War II.
3. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) The Soviets would take over.
(b) We would rebound faster.
(c) There would be widespread violence.
(d) All Republicans would be voted out.
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A Roman orgy.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A private club.
(d) A rigged casino.
5. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Doctor Townsend.
(b) Alf Landon.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Father Coughlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
3. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
4. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)