|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) A military advisor to Hoover.
(b) The Secretary of Education.
(c) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(d) The owner of a chain of delis.
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Pig's feet.
(c) Brussel sprouts.
4. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(d) Die work.
5. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
(a) He lobbied senators and congressmen on their behalf.
(b) He wrote op-eds for them.
(c) He contributed thousands to their employment fund.
(d) He provided free healthcare to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
4. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
5. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)