|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Direct mail.
(c) Radio advertising.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(c) Their school.
(d) Their parents.
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) George Patton.
(c) Curtis LeMay.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Railway worker.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Primary school teacher.
5. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
4. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
5. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)