|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(b) He walked the whole way.
(c) He rode a boxcar.
(d) He hitched rides.
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(b) Military services.
(d) Financial sector.
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She refurbished sofas.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
4. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He maintained national forests.
(b) He assessed people on relief.
(c) He performed on the radio.
(d) He wrote for a national labor journal.
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Con man.
(c) Pitch man.
(d) Door-to-door salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
3. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)