|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) World War II.
2. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(b) A military post.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A boarding school.
3. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A birthright.
(b) A personal failing.
(c) A sin.
(d) A mark of holiness.
4. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Doctor Townsend.
(b) Alf Landon.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Father Coughlin.
5. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(c) Emigrating to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)