|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
3. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
4. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Union organizers on private property.
(b) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(c) Government money going to unions.
(d) Violent removal of striking workers.
5. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
(a) The suffering of others.
(b) Political struggle.
(c) The accumulation of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
2. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
4. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
5. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)