|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(c) Emigrating to Mexico.
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(c) The Boston Globe.
(d) Corn Flakes.
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To provide for one's family.
(c) To have influence.
(d) To give to the poor.
5. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
(a) The Catholic Workers.
(b) The Wobblies.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The CIO.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
3. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
5. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)