|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A military post.
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A woman of ill repute.
(b) A lost cause.
(c) A habitual instigator.
(d) A southern belle.
3. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Having to stand on line for a job.
(b) Losing her house.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Circus booker.
(b) Dustbin salesman.
(c) Radio performer.
(d) Advertising copy editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
2. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
3. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)