|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A private club.
(c) A Roman orgy.
(d) A rigged casino.
2. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(a) Cigar rollers.
(c) Newspaper printers.
3. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Water cannon.
(b) Tear gas.
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To have influence.
(c) To give to the poor.
(d) To provide for one's family.
5. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Direct mail.
(d) Radio advertising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
2. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)