|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(b) Radio advertising.
(c) Direct mail.
(d) Sponsoring shorts before films.
2. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(c) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
3. Who were the "service department" of Detroit?
(a) The series of vendors who provided food for strikers.
(b) The government officers who were on the company payroll.
(c) Hired thugs working for management.
(d) The strike organizers.
4. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
(a) The suffering of others.
(c) Political struggle.
(d) The accumulation of money.
5. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
2. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
3. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)