|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To track the places they have been.
(b) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(c) To say hello to loved ones.
(d) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
2. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(a) Get Hoover out of office.
(c) Repeal Prohibition.
(d) Pass the WPO.
3. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) His loss of a hand.
(b) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His left-leaning views.
4. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Wall Street reform.
(b) Worker's rights.
(c) Anti-union legislation.
(d) Military isolation.
5. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A rigged casino.
(c) A Roman orgy.
(d) A private club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
2. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
3. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)