|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(b) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(c) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(d) She has no opinion.
2. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
3. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A military post.
(d) An orphanage.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(c) The government.
(d) Alchohol and drugs.
5. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(b) He walked the whole way.
(c) He rode a boxcar.
(d) He hitched rides.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
2. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
5. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)