|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) The Secretary of Education.
(b) The owner of a chain of delis.
(c) A military advisor to Hoover.
(d) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
2. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A personal failing.
(b) A sin.
(c) A birthright.
(d) A mark of holiness.
3. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
4. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(b) Their grandparents.
(d) Their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
4. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
5. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)