|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) The blues.
(b) His high school sweetheart.
(c) Huey Long's home district.
(d) A real American Hooverville.
2. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
3. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Con man.
(b) Pitch man.
(c) Door-to-door salesman.
4. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(b) His left-leaning views.
(c) His loss of a hand.
(d) His drinking.
5. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(b) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(c) It demeans her life experience.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
2. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
3. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
4. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
5. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)