|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(c) Military services.
(d) Financial sector.
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) He had to miss days of school.
(b) His family stopped eating meat.
(c) His lights were turned off.
(d) His friend's father killed himself.
3. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a school teacher.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a war correspondent.
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To promote innovation.
5. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
2. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
3. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)