|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A labor organizer.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A priest.
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(d) Lady Godiva.
3. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They slept in train stations.
(b) They occupied federal buildings.
(c) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(d) The slept in front of the White House.
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To have influence.
(b) To provide for one's family.
(c) To give to the poor.
(d) To make more money.
5. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
4. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)