|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Bob La Follette.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Father Coughlin.
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a Swiss account.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) In his sock.
(d) Under his mattress.
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(c) Direct mail.
(d) Radio advertising.
4. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(a) Die work.
5. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
2. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
4. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
5. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)