|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Alf Landon.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Doctor Townsend.
2. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a school teacher.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a tobacco picker.
(d) He was a war correspondent.
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Vincent Canby.
(c) Gene Siskel.
(d) Roger Ebert.
4. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To say hello to loved ones.
(b) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(c) To track the places they have been.
(d) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(b) They never had money to begin with.
(c) They never bought on credit.
(d) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
2. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
4. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
5. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)