|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) We would rebound faster.
(b) The Soviets would take over.
(c) There would be widespread violence.
(d) All Republicans would be voted out.
2. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They ran a hotel.
(b) They worked a farm.
(c) They were actuaries.
(d) They worked for a newspaper.
3. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
4. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(d) Emigrating to Mexico.
5. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) Blacks were always worse off.
(b) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(c) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
(d) Blacks were actually better off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
2. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
3. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
4. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)