|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never bought on credit.
(b) They never had money to begin with.
(c) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(d) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(d) Die work.
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) George Patton.
4. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She ran a speakeasy.
(b) She made pastries.
(c) She was a prostitute.
(d) She refurbished sofas.
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Water cannon.
(c) Tear gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
2. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
5. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)