|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Spanish American War.
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Brussel sprouts.
(b) Pig's feet.
4. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
(a) A cudgel used to kill a union leader.
(b) A union card.
(c) Anti-union pamphlets.
(d) Dossiers on his workers.
5. How did strike organizers in Detroit finally stop scabs from coming?
(a) They burned a scab's house down.
(b) They nailed shut the factory doors.
(c) They paid scabs not to go to work.
(d) They shut down the highway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
3. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
4. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)