|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a school teacher.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a war correspondent.
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) John Kennedy.
3. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To provide for one's family.
(c) To have influence.
(d) To give to the poor.
5. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(b) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
5. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)