|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(b) The Boston Globe.
(d) Corn Flakes.
2. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
(b) He came out in support of the union.
(c) He refused to comment on the strike.
(d) He did not send in troops.
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A priest.
(d) A labor organizer.
4. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
(a) Chorus diver in movies.
(b) Card girl at boxing matches.
(c) Switchboard operator for an advertising firm.
(d) Door girl for a speakeasy.
5. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(b) Emigrating to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
2. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
3. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
5. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)