|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a war correspondent.
(c) He was a tobacco picker.
(d) He was a school teacher.
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(a) Emigrating to Mexico.
3. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her family.
(d) Her sense of patriotism.
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(c) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(d) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
2. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
3. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
4. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
5. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)