|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) The Soviets would take over.
(b) We would rebound faster.
(c) All Republicans would be voted out.
(d) There would be widespread violence.
2. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(b) Cigar rollers.
(c) Newspaper printers.
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a war correspondent.
(c) He was a school teacher.
(d) He was a tobacco picker.
5. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(b) They slept in train stations.
(c) The slept in front of the White House.
(d) They occupied federal buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
2. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
4. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
5. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)