|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) The owner of a chain of delis.
(b) The Secretary of Education.
(c) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(d) A military advisor to Hoover.
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Radio performer.
(b) Dustbin salesman.
(c) Advertising copy editor.
(d) Circus booker.
3. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His friend's father killed himself.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His family stopped eating meat.
(d) His lights were turned off.
4. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never bought on credit.
(b) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(c) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(d) They never had money to begin with.
5. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
(a) Marcus Garvey's grandson.
(b) An ancestor of Frederick Douglass.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) An African prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
3. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
4. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)