|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) The Spanish American War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
2. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(c) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
3. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
(a) To extract public money from industrialists.
(b) To secede from the US.
(c) To create a work program.
(d) To end poverty in California.
4. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Les Miserables.
(b) Democracy in America.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
2. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
3. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
4. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
5. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)