|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their school.
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(a) Literary Digest.
(d) The New Republic.
3. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A mark of holiness.
(b) A birthright.
(c) A sin.
(d) A personal failing.
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Union organizer.
(b) Railway worker.
(c) Primary school teacher.
(d) Social worker.
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
4. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
5. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)