|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
(a) The Secretary of Education.
(b) A Republican governor of Wisconsin.
(c) A military advisor to Hoover.
(d) The owner of a chain of delis.
2. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Les Miserables.
(b) Grapes of Wrath.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) Democracy in America.
3. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His friend's father killed himself.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His family stopped eating meat.
(d) His lights were turned off.
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To promote innovation.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To keep people out of trouble.
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
(a) To secede from the US.
(b) To extract public money from industrialists.
(c) To create a work program.
(d) To end poverty in California.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
2. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
4. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)