|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Radio performer.
(b) Advertising copy editor.
(c) Circus booker.
(d) Dustbin salesman.
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(a) Emigrating to Mexico.
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They were actuaries.
(b) They ran a hotel.
(c) They worked a farm.
(d) They worked for a newspaper.
4. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Vincent Canby.
(d) Gene Siskel.
5. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His lights were turned off.
(b) His friend's father killed himself.
(c) He had to miss days of school.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
2. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
3. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
5. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)