|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) Blacks were always worse off.
(b) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(c) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
(d) Blacks were actually better off.
2. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(b) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(c) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(d) She has no opinion.
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Pig's feet.
(c) Brussel sprouts.
4. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
(a) He lobbied senators and congressmen on their behalf.
(b) He contributed thousands to their employment fund.
(c) He wrote op-eds for them.
(d) He provided free healthcare to them.
5. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
3. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
5. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)