|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) He had to miss days of school.
(b) His friend's father killed himself.
(c) His lights were turned off.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
2. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was a war correspondent.
(d) He was a school teacher.
3. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(b) Water cannon.
(c) Tear gas.
4. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
5. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) A bed.
(c) A new sweater.
(d) A trip to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
2. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
3. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)