|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Direct mail.
(c) Radio advertising.
(d) Sponsoring shorts before films.
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(c) Die work.
3. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
4. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
(a) Chorus diver in movies.
(b) Card girl at boxing matches.
(c) Door girl for a speakeasy.
(d) Switchboard operator for an advertising firm.
5. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A Roman orgy.
(b) A private club.
(c) A rigged casino.
(d) A candy store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
2. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
3. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
4. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
5. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)