|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
(b) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
(c) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(d) He began hiring white workers.
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He hitched rides.
(b) He walked the whole way.
(c) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(d) He rode a boxcar.
4. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Government money going to unions.
(b) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(c) Violent removal of striking workers.
(d) Union organizers on private property.
5. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
2. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
3. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
4. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
5. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)