|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Wall Street reform.
(b) Worker's rights.
(c) Anti-union legislation.
(d) Military isolation.
2. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Radio advertising.
(b) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(c) Direct mail.
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A Rockefeller steel mill.
(b) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(c) A Ford auto plant.
(d) A locally owned cloth factory.
4. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Charity organizations.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The government.
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(b) They never had money to begin with.
(c) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(d) They never bought on credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
4. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
5. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)