|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
(a) A union card.
(b) Dossiers on his workers.
(c) A cudgel used to kill a union leader.
(d) Anti-union pamphlets.
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It demeans her life experience.
(b) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(c) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
3. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
4. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) His high school sweetheart.
(b) The blues.
(c) A real American Hooverville.
(d) Huey Long's home district.
5. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Spanish American War.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
3. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
4. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)