|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(d) Die work.
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(c) Literary Digest.
(d) The New Republic.
3. How does E.D. Nixon's campaign to unionize the sleeping car porters end?
(a) The porters are given a vote and they vote against the union.
(b) Only NIxon's train line is unionized.
(c) They are all fired.
(d) The union is instituted.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) Alchohol and drugs.
(b) The government.
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) The financial giants.
(b) Those who thought it foolproof.
(c) Black people.
(d) Those who were poor already.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
3. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
4. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
5. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)