|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her sense of patriotism.
(b) Her family.
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(b) To track the places they have been.
(c) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(d) To say hello to loved ones.
3. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(b) Cigar rollers.
(d) Newspaper printers.
4. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She made pastries.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She refurbished sofas.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Brussel sprouts.
(c) Pig's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
2. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
3. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
5. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)