|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A labor organizer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A priest.
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(b) To track the places they have been.
(c) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(d) To say hello to loved ones.
3. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To have influence.
(b) To give to the poor.
(c) To provide for one's family.
(d) To make more money.
4. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He walked the whole way.
(b) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(c) He rode a boxcar.
(d) He hitched rides.
5. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. Which movement sought to replace the American Federation of Labor in the 1930's?
3. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
4. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)