|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Bonnie Laboring Boy, Three Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To make more money.
(b) To give to the poor.
(c) To have influence.
(d) To provide for one's family.
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A rigged casino.
(c) A Roman orgy.
(d) A private club.
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a war correspondent.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was a school teacher.
(d) He was an actor.
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A poet.
(b) A priest.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) A labor organizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
2. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
3. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
4. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
5. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)