|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To make one feel useful.
(c) To promote innovation.
(d) To keep people out of trouble.
2. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) An orphanage.
(c) A boarding school.
(d) A military post.
3. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(b) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(c) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(d) She has no opinion.
4. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(b) Blacks were always worse off.
(c) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
(d) Blacks were actually better off.
5. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(c) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
2. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
3. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
4. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
5. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)