|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A mark of holiness.
(b) A birthright.
(c) A sin.
(d) A personal failing.
2. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) External stimuli.
(d) Anxiety attacks.
3. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(b) They occupied federal buildings.
(c) They slept in train stations.
(d) The slept in front of the White House.
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(b) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
5. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To have influence.
(b) To give to the poor.
(c) To provide for one's family.
(d) To make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
5. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)