|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Tear gas.
(c) Water cannon.
2. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Sixteen Tons.
(b) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(c) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(d) We're In the Money.
3. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(b) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
4. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In a Swiss account.
(d) In his sock.
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Grapes of Wrath.
(b) Les Miserables.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) Democracy in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
2. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
4. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)