|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(b) Corn growers.
(c) Auto workers.
(d) Jazz musicians.
2. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He performed on the radio.
(b) He wrote for a national labor journal.
(c) He assessed people on relief.
(d) He maintained national forests.
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To promote innovation.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To stimulate growth.
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(b) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
5. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
2. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
3. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
4. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
5. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)