|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(b) Auto workers.
(c) Corn growers.
(d) Jazz musicians.
2. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He maintained national forests.
(b) He wrote for a national labor journal.
(c) He performed on the radio.
(d) He assessed people on relief.
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Vincent Canby.
(b) Gene Siskel.
(c) Roger Ebert.
(d) Pauline Kael.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
3. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)