|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He walked the whole way.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He hitched rides.
(d) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Charity organizations.
(c) Their faith.
(d) The government.
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She ran a speakeasy.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She refurbished sofas.
4. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
5. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)