|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who were poor already.
(b) Black people.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) The financial giants.
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In his sock.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In a Swiss account.
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
4. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They were actuaries.
(b) They worked a farm.
(c) They worked for a newspaper.
(d) They ran a hotel.
5. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(b) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(c) It demeans her life experience.
(d) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
2. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
3. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)