|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A personal failing.
(b) A birthright.
(c) A sin.
(d) A mark of holiness.
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(b) Literary Digest.
(d) The New Republic.
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He hitched rides.
(b) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(c) He walked the whole way.
(d) He rode a boxcar.
4. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who thought it foolproof.
(b) Black people.
(c) The financial giants.
(d) Those who were poor already.
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Railway worker.
(b) Primary school teacher.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
5. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)