|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) A real American Hooverville.
(b) The blues.
(c) Huey Long's home district.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
2. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A labor organizer.
(c) A poet.
(d) A priest.
3. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her sense of patriotism.
(b) Her family.
4. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(c) Water cannon.
(d) Tear gas.
5. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt came from money.
(b) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(c) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(d) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
3. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)