|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Water cannon.
(b) Tear gas.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their school.
(d) Their parents.
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She refurbished sofas.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
4. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(b) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(c) Roosevelt came from money.
(d) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
5. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) The blues.
(b) A real American Hooverville.
(c) Huey Long's home district.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
2. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
3. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)