|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was a war correspondent.
(d) He was a school teacher.
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(b) Literary Digest.
(d) The New Republic.
3. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
4. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
(b) Roosevelt came from money.
(c) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(d) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
5. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
2. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
5. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)