|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It demeans her life experience.
(b) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(c) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(d) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) John Kennedy.
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(c) Financial sector.
(d) Military services.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(b) The government.
(c) Alchohol and drugs.
5. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
4. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
5. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)