|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) George Patton.
3. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They slept in train stations.
(b) The slept in front of the White House.
(c) They occupied federal buildings.
(d) They set up tents in the National Mall.
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(b) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(c) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(d) She has no opinion.
5. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Union organizer.
(b) Social worker.
(c) Primary school teacher.
(d) Railway worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
2. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
3. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)