|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(d) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Advertising copy editor.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Dustbin salesman.
(d) Radio performer.
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A poet.
(b) An entertainer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A labor organizer.
4. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(b) Water cannon.
(c) Tear gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
3. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
4. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)