|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(b) Her family.
(d) Her sense of patriotism.
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) The financial giants.
(b) Black people.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) Those who were poor already.
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She refurbished sofas.
(c) She ran a speakeasy.
(d) She made pastries.
4. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He hitched rides.
(d) He walked the whole way.
5. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He assessed people on relief.
(b) He performed on the radio.
(c) He maintained national forests.
(d) He wrote for a national labor journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
4. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)