|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Curtis LeMay.
(d) George Patton.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(b) Their school.
(c) Their grandparents.
(d) Their parents.
3. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Circus booker.
(b) Advertising copy editor.
(c) Dustbin salesman.
(d) Radio performer.
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(b) It demeans her life experience.
(c) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
5. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
3. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
4. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
5. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)