|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Advertising copy editor.
(b) Dustbin salesman.
(c) Radio performer.
(d) Circus booker.
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) A poet.
(b) A priest.
(c) An entertainer.
(d) A labor organizer.
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her sense of patriotism.
(b) Her family.
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(b) Their grandparents.
(d) Their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
2. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
5. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)