|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Vincent Canby.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Pauline Kael.
(d) Gene Siskel.
2. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
(a) He wrote for a national labor journal.
(b) He maintained national forests.
(c) He performed on the radio.
(d) He assessed people on relief.
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Military services.
(b) Financial sector.
(d) University administration.
4. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
5. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) The Crimean War.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
2. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
3. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
4. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)