|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(b) Sixteen Tons.
(c) We're In the Money.
(d) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
3. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
4. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(c) Emigrating to Mexico.
5. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She ran a speakeasy.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She refurbished sofas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
2. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
4. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)