|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) His high school sweetheart.
(b) The blues.
(c) A real American Hooverville.
(d) Huey Long's home district.
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He walked the whole way.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He hitched rides.
(d) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
4. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Grapes of Wrath.
(c) Democracy in America.
(d) Les Miserables.
5. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Dustbin salesman.
(b) Advertising copy editor.
(c) Circus booker.
(d) Radio performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
2. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
4. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)