|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Advertising copy editor.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Dustbin salesman.
(d) Radio performer.
3. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To track the places they have been.
(b) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(c) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(d) To say hello to loved ones.
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) The Soviets would take over.
(b) We would rebound faster.
(c) All Republicans would be voted out.
(d) There would be widespread violence.
5. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(b) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)