|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) The blues.
(b) His high school sweetheart.
(c) A real American Hooverville.
(d) Huey Long's home district.
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(a) The New Republic.
(b) Literary Digest.
3. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
4. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(b) Blacks were always worse off.
(c) Blacks were actually better off.
(d) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
5. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
3. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)