|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Hard Travelin'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Financial sector.
(b) University administration.
(d) Military services.
2. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Union organizer.
(b) Railway worker.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Primary school teacher.
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Roger Ebert.
(b) Vincent Canby.
(c) Pauline Kael.
(d) Gene Siskel.
4. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their school.
5. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She refurbished sofas.
(c) She made pastries.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
3. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)