|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Tear gas.
(c) Water cannon.
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A habitual instigator.
(b) A lost cause.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) A southern belle.
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In a Swiss account.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In his sock.
4. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(b) Their grandparents.
(d) Their parents.
5. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the "service department" of Detroit?
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
3. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
5. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)