Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Scarlet Banners and Novenas, The Doctor, Huey and Mr. Smith, The Circuit Rider, The Gentleman from Kansas, A View of the Woods, Campus Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He hitched rides.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He walked the whole way.
(d) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
2. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(a) Newspaper printers.
(c) Cigar rollers.
3. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) A boarding school.
(b) A military post.
(c) An orphanage.
4. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Financial sector.
(b) Military services.
(c) University administration.
5. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
(b) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(c) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(d) Tremors and nausea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
3. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
4. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
5. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)