|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Old Families, Member of the Chorus, High Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) Blacks were always worse off.
(b) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
(c) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
(d) Blacks were actually better off.
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In his sock.
(b) In a Swiss account.
(c) In a coffee can.
(d) Under his mattress.
3. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Spanish American War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Crimean War.
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(c) Pig's feet.
(d) Brussel sprouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
5. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)