|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: The Big Money, Man and Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Charity organizations.
(d) The government.
3. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) The Crimean War.
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
5. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To track the places they have been.
(b) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(c) To say hello to loved ones.
(d) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
4. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
5. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)