|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(c) Corn Flakes.
2. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Military services.
(c) University administration.
(d) Financial sector.
4. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(b) Lady Godiva.
5. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
(a) Joseph McCarthy.
(b) C. Wright Patman.
(c) Stanley Fish.
(d) Martin Dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
2. According to Scoop Lankford, when did conditions finally improve in the prison?
3. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
4. What does Alf Landon say he disliked about Roosevelt's New Deal?
5. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)