|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
(c) The Sudetanland
2. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His lights were turned off.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His family stopped eating meat.
(d) His friend's father killed himself.
3. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Worker's rights.
(b) Anti-union legislation.
(c) Wall Street reform.
(d) Military isolation.
4. What industry did Jose Yglesia attempt to unionize?
(a) Newspaper printers.
(d) Cigar rollers.
5. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They had black members.
(b) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(c) They had bake sales.
(d) They were entirely composed of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Martin Bickham recommend his employers help struggling Americans during the Depression?
2. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
3. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
4. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)