|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
(a) Violent removal of striking workers.
(b) Employer firings of unionizing workers.
(c) Union organizers on private property.
(d) Government money going to unions.
2. What was different about a teachers' strike in the 1930's?
(a) They continued to teach throughout.
(b) They protested at City Hall, not the schools.
(c) They protested in private, writing letters.
(d) They left town for fear of violent reprisal.
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(a) Repeal Prohibition.
(c) Get Hoover out of office.
(d) Pass the WPO.
4. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
5. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Federal intervention.
(c) Personal freedom.
(d) The Gold Standard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
2. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
3. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
4. What moment excited Wilbur Kane to the point of mocking his German neighbors?
5. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)