|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry Hartman do in the 1930's when he felt bad for the indebted people he was serving?
(a) He would say they were not home.
(b) He would leave some belongings behind.
(c) He would give them the address of a Worker's Alliance.
(d) He would buy them a taxi to a shelter.
2. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
(a) Blacks and whites were about equal for the first time.
(b) Blacks were actually better off.
(c) Blacks were always worse off.
(d) There was no way of telling, things were so bad.
3. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt came from money.
(b) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(c) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(d) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(b) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(b) We're In the Money.
(c) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(d) Sixteen Tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
3. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
4. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
5. What was Bob La Follette before he ran for President?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)