|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Alf Landon.
(d) Doctor Townsend.
2. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(b) They never had money to begin with.
(c) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(d) They never bought on credit.
3. Why did Huey Long not run for president in 1936?
(a) He was embroiled in scandals.
(b) He chose to retire.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He became Roosevelt's Chief of Staff.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) Alchohol and drugs.
(b) The government.
5. According to Samuel A. Heller, what did police often do with arraigned people awaiting trial in the 1930's?
(a) Have them sing for their entertainment.
(b) Beat them for fun.
(c) Pawn them off to construction crews.
(d) Have them shine their shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
2. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
3. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
4. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
5. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)