|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
2. What moment excited Wilbur Kane to the point of mocking his German neighbors?
(a) America entering the War.
(b) Jesse Owens' win in the Berlin Olympics.
(c) Joe Louis's victory over Schmeling.
(d) The death of Adolf Hitler.
3. What did the prison where Scoop Lankford was held in the 1930's try to feed the inmates at the worst times?
(b) Rotten sardines.
4. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
(a) He disappeared from public after condemning the strike.
(b) He did not send in troops.
(c) He refused to comment on the strike.
(d) He came out in support of the union.
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who were poor already.
(b) Black people.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) The financial giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a significant number of people flee public housing in 1949?
2. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
4. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
5. Why does Billy Green say he was unaffected by the Depression?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)