|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(b) The Civil Rights Movement.
(c) The New Deal.
(d) Social Security.
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Black people.
(b) Those who thought it foolproof.
(c) Those who were poor already.
(d) The financial giants.
3. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
(a) A locally owned cloth factory.
(b) A Ford auto plant.
(c) A cigarette manufactuing plant.
(d) A Rockefeller steel mill.
4. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
(a) It tried to buy out General Mills.
(b) It combined farms under a federal banner.
(c) It slaughtered thousands of cows.
(d) It nationalized the dairy industry.
5. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Roger Ebert.
(c) Gene Siskel.
(d) Vincent Canby.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
2. According to Fred Thompson, what did Wobblies constantly have to prove they were not?
3. What did Harry Hartman do in the 1930's when he felt bad for the indebted people he was serving?
4. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
5. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)