|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Alf Landon.
(c) Father Coughlin.
(d) Doctor Townsend.
2. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) We would rebound faster.
(b) All Republicans would be voted out.
(c) There would be widespread violence.
(d) The Soviets would take over.
3. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Personal freedom.
(c) The Gold Standard.
(d) Federal intervention.
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. In Three o'Clock in the Morning, Wilbur Kane's mother was bitter about the invasion of what?
(a) The Sudetanland
Short Answer Questions
1. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
2. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
4. Where does the sit in of Three Strikes take place?
5. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)