|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max Shachtman, what international event ended credibility for Communism in the United States?
(a) Stalin's purges.
(b) The Cultural Revolution.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Hitler-Stalin Pact.
2. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Wall Street reform.
(b) Worker's rights.
(c) Military isolation.
(d) Anti-union legislation.
3. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(c) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(d) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
4. What did the prison where Scoop Lankford was held in the 1930's try to feed the inmates at the worst times?
(d) Rotten sardines.
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
(a) To end poverty in California.
(b) To create a work program.
(c) To secede from the US.
(d) To extract public money from industrialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Max R. Naiman and his worker's rights clients end up sleeping after he got them acquitted?
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
3. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
4. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
5. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)