|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. What did the prison where Scoop Lankford was held in the 1930's try to feed the inmates at the worst times?
(b) Rotten sardines.
3. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) The decimation of people's savings.
(b) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
(c) The emigration of bank owners.
(d) A run on failing banks.
4. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(a) Corn growers.
(c) Auto workers.
(d) Jazz musicians.
5. How does Dr. Martin Bickham recommend his employers help struggling Americans during the Depression?
(a) Issue relief through churches.
(b) Develop work programs.
(c) Contribute to governmental efforts.
(d) Organize bread lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did William Patterson study economics for a time?
2. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
3. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
4. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
5. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)