|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(a) Newspaper columnist.
2. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He hitched rides.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He walked the whole way.
(d) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
3. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(b) Penny entertainments.
4. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Charity organizations.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The government.
5. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
(a) His lack of clarity.
(b) His anti-Semitism.
(c) His stutter.
(d) His vulgarity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
2. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
3. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
4. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
5. What does the young man in the final interview of Arrests and Other Running Sores do for a living?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)