|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
(a) The accumulation of money.
(b) The suffering of others.
(c) Political struggle.
2. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
3. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
(a) UMW locals.
(b) Progressive political rallies.
(c) Town hall meetings.
(d) Church raisings.
4. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) Grapes of Wrath.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) Les Miserables.
(d) Democracy in America.
5. According to historian Christopher Lasch, what was never a serious possibility in the Depression?
(a) Annexation by Canada.
(b) Loss of personal freedom.
(c) A right-wing reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
3. What did Harry Hartman do in the 1930's when he felt bad for the indebted people he was serving?
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
5. What was the name of the private relief organization that Dr. Martin Bickham worked with in the 1930's?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)