|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They had bake sales.
(b) They were entirely composed of women.
(c) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(d) They had black members.
2. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
(a) Pauline Kael.
(b) Vincent Canby.
(c) Roger Ebert.
(d) Gene Siskel.
3. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
4. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Federal intervention.
(b) Personal freedom.
(c) The Gold Standard.
5. According to Samuel A. Heller, what did police often do with arraigned people awaiting trial in the 1930's?
(a) Pawn them off to construction crews.
(b) Have them shine their shoes.
(c) Have them sing for their entertainment.
(d) Beat them for fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
2. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
4. How did Dr. Lewis Andreas help strikers in Chicago in 1937?
5. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)