|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(d) Penny entertainments.
2. What did Harry Hartman do in the 1930's when he felt bad for the indebted people he was serving?
(a) He would give them the address of a Worker's Alliance.
(b) He would leave some belongings behind.
(c) He would buy them a taxi to a shelter.
(d) He would say they were not home.
3. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) Those who ignore poverty.
(b) The election of Richard Nixon.
(c) The widespread use of drugs.
(d) America's involvement with Vietnam.
4. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Advertising copy editor.
(b) Dustbin salesman.
(c) Radio performer.
(d) Circus booker.
5. What does Wilbur Kane remember most vividly about Franklin Roosevelt?
(a) His cufflinks.
(b) His tailcoats.
(c) His smile.
(d) His voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
2. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
4. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
5. What does the young man in the final interview of Arrests and Other Running Sores do for a living?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)