|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A trip to the movies.
(b) A new sweater.
(c) A bed.
(d) A hot meal.
2. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(b) He promoted market speculation.
(c) He was not an American citizen.
(d) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
3. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
(a) Secretary of Agriculture and Vice President.
(b) Secretary of Commerce and Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of Transportation and Chief of Staff.
(d) Secretary of the Interior and English Ambassador.
4. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(c) Soda bottles.
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A poet.
(d) A labor organizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was different about a teachers' strike in the 1930's?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. What did an industrialist ask Gordon Baxter to destroy for him?
4. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)