|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He directed it.
(c) He wrote it.
(d) He was a stagehand.
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
3. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
(a) When America entered World War II.
(b) The seventies.
(c) When Roosevelt died.
(d) When the stock market crashed.
4. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
(a) An African prince.
(b) An ancestor of Frederick Douglass.
(c) Marcus Garvey's grandson.
(d) Medgar Evers.
5. What was Bob La Follette's signature issue in the 1928 election?
(a) Military isolation.
(b) Anti-union legislation.
(c) Wall Street reform.
(d) Worker's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
2. What did the Wagner Act outlaw?
3. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
5. According to Scoop Lankford, when did conditions finally improve in the prison?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)