|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) A real American Hooverville.
(b) The blues.
(c) Huey Long's home district.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
2. According to Scoop Lankford, when did conditions finally improve in the prison?
(a) When Truman took office.
(b) When the rioting started.
(c) When the WPA started.
(d) When the war started.
3. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
(a) He voted to disband the union.
(b) He performed The Cradle Will Rock.
(c) He quit acting.
(d) He was branded a communist.
4. Why did a significant number of people flee public housing in 1949?
(a) The units were found to be unsafely constructed.
(b) The war increased income across the board.
(c) The units were integrated.
(d) The governement decreased funding to it.
5. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Harold Ickes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked Long's second-in-command Gerald Smith regarding his speeches?
2. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
3. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
4. Why was the Michigan governor Frank Murphy branded weak-willed regarding the sit-in strike?
5. How did some states begin paying public school teachers in the 1930's?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)