|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Spanish American War.
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Financial sector.
(b) University administration.
(c) Military services.
3. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
4. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A new sweater.
(b) A bed.
(c) A trip to the movies.
(d) A hot meal.
5. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) A military post.
(b) A boarding school.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
4. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
5. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)