|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
(a) Advertising copy editor.
(b) Circus booker.
(c) Dustbin salesman.
(d) Radio performer.
2. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She refurbished sofas.
(b) She was a prostitute.
(c) She ran a speakeasy.
(d) She made pastries.
3. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish American War.
4. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) Corn Flakes.
5. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
2. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
3. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
4. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)