|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(c) Financial sector.
(d) Military services.
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(b) Auto workers.
(c) Corn growers.
(d) Jazz musicians.
3. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
(a) There would be widespread violence.
(b) All Republicans would be voted out.
(c) The Soviets would take over.
(d) We would rebound faster.
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(b) Their grandparents.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Their school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
3. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
5. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)