|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
(a) Door girl for a speakeasy.
(b) Switchboard operator for an advertising firm.
(c) Card girl at boxing matches.
(d) Chorus diver in movies.
2. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A poet.
(d) A labor organizer.
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(b) Anxiety attacks.
(c) Parental fixations.
4. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
(a) It became a shantytown.
(b) It fell into disrepair.
(c) It became a site of weekly worker protests.
(d) It was closed by the broke municipal government.
5. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A bed.
(b) A new sweater.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) A trip to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)