|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) Curtis LeMay.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) George Patton.
2. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Brussel sprouts.
(b) Pig's feet.
3. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) The Spanish American War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
(a) To secede from the US.
(b) To end poverty in California.
(c) To create a work program.
(d) To extract public money from industrialists.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
2. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
3. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
4. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)