|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) Alchohol and drugs.
(c) The government.
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(c) Her family.
(d) Her sense of patriotism.
3. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who thought it foolproof.
(b) The financial giants.
(c) Those who were poor already.
(d) Black people.
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A labor organizer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A poet.
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) We're In the Money.
(b) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(c) Sixteen Tons.
(d) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
2. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
3. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
4. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
5. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)