|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) A bed.
(c) A trip to the movies.
(d) A new sweater.
2. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
(a) A mark of holiness.
(b) A sin.
(c) A birthright.
(d) A personal failing.
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Direct mail.
(c) Radio advertising.
4. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She made pastries.
(b) She refurbished sofas.
(c) She was a prostitute.
(d) She ran a speakeasy.
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Those who were poor already.
(b) Those who thought it foolproof.
(c) The financial giants.
(d) Black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
3. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
4. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
5. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)