|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) Anxiety attacks.
(c) External stimuli.
(d) Parental fixations.
2. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(b) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
(c) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
(d) He began hiring white workers.
3. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
(a) She ran a speakeasy.
(b) She made pastries.
(c) She refurbished sofas.
(d) She was a prostitute.
4. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Alf Landon.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Doctor Townsend.
(d) Huey Long.
5. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her sense of patriotism.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
3. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
4. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
5. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)