|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In his sock.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In a Swiss account.
2. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
(a) An entertainer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A poet.
(d) A labor organizer.
3. What job does Paulson eventually get after educating himself?
(a) Union organizer.
(b) Primary school teacher.
(c) Railway worker.
(d) Social worker.
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) World War I.
5. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(b) Direct mail.
(c) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(d) Radio advertising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
2. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
3. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
4. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
5. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)