|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It demeans her life experience.
(b) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(c) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(d) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
2. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) A military post.
(b) A boarding school.
(d) An orphanage.
3. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) Anxiety attacks.
(b) Parental fixations.
(d) External stimuli.
5. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Charity organizations.
(b) Their wives.
(c) Their faith.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
2. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
3. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
4. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
5. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)