|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They occupied federal buildings.
(b) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(c) They slept in train stations.
(d) The slept in front of the White House.
2. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) We're In the Money.
(b) Sixteen Tons.
(c) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(d) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) John Kennedy.
(c) George Patton.
(d) Curtis LeMay.
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Spanish American War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) World War II.
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
(d) Parental fixations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
4. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
5. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)