|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
(a) Father Coughlin.
(b) Huey Long.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Bob La Follette.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their grandparents.
(d) Their school.
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He walked the whole way.
(b) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
(c) He rode a boxcar.
(d) He hitched rides.
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(c) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
5. According to Terkel in the Introduction, what voice dominated the radio alongside Roosevelt's during the Depression?
(a) Doctor Townsend.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Alf Landon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', Peggy Terry says that America teaches people that poverty is what?
2. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
4. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
5. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)