|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Water cannon.
(d) Tear gas.
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In his sock.
(c) In a Swiss account.
(d) Under his mattress.
3. According to a quotation in the Introduction, what was the typical response to receiving a pink slip during the beginning of the Depression?
4. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
5. Which of the following is not a periodical mentioned by Terkel in the Introduction?
(b) The New Republic.
(c) Literary Digest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
2. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
3. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
4. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)