|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) George Patton.
2. Why would hobos put marks on people's houses with chalk?
(a) To protest the banks' foreclosing on them.
(b) To say hello to loved ones.
(c) To tell other hobos if the people are good.
(d) To track the places they have been.
3. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(a) Corn growers.
(b) Auto workers.
(d) Jazz musicians.
4. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their school.
5. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
2. Who was the one black student in Terkel's college class?
3. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
4. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
5. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)