|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) The financial giants.
(b) Those who thought it foolproof.
(c) Black people.
(d) Those who were poor already.
3. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(b) Their parents.
(d) Their grandparents.
4. Where did Blackie Gold spend his childhood?
(a) An orphanage.
(c) A military post.
(d) A boarding school.
5. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
(a) It was closed by the broke municipal government.
(b) It became a shantytown.
(c) It became a site of weekly worker protests.
(d) It fell into disrepair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hard Travelin', what does Peggy Terry think would happen if another Depression happened today?
2. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
3. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
5. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)