|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To keep people out of trouble.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To promote innovation.
2. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He began hiring white workers.
(b) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
(c) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(d) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(b) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
4. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never had money to begin with.
(b) They never bought on credit.
(c) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(d) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
5. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their grandparents.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
2. What promise did Upton Sinclair make to his supporters during his run for governor of California?
3. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
4. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)