|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
2. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
(a) Fish at a nearby lake.
(b) Paint a house.
(c) Have an affair.
(d) Redo the upholstery of a car.
3. What did Terkel seek out en route to his university?
(a) A real American Hooverville.
(b) The blues.
(c) Huey Long's home district.
(d) His high school sweetheart.
4. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(a) Die work.
5. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They worked a farm.
(b) They worked for a newspaper.
(c) They were actuaries.
(d) They ran a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
2. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
3. What did Blackie Gold do in the CCC during the Depression?
4. How did Frank Czerwonka's mother make money during the Depression?
5. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)