|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(b) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(c) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(d) It demeans her life experience.
3. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His lights were turned off.
(b) His family stopped eating meat.
(c) His friend's father killed himself.
(d) He had to miss days of school.
4. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
(a) Father Coughlin.
(b) Huey Long.
(c) Bob La Follette.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt.
5. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In a Swiss account.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In his sock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
2. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
3. Which famous American film critic is interviewed in Hard Travelin'?
4. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
5. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)