|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Terkel, what increased among patrons of his parent's business after the Crash?
(a) Emigrating to Mexico.
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Black people.
(b) Those who thought it foolproof.
(c) The financial giants.
(d) Those who were poor already.
3. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
4. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His friend's father killed himself.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His family stopped eating meat.
(d) His lights were turned off.
5. Peggy Terry says in Hard Travelin' that what disappeared from her life during the Depression?
(a) Her family.
(c) Her sense of patriotism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
4. What term best describes the nature of the changes that happened after the 1929 Crash, from Terkel's perspective?
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)