|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: God Bless' the Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terkel's parents do for a living before the Depression?
(a) They ran a hotel.
(b) They worked a farm.
(c) They were actuaries.
(d) They worked for a newspaper.
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) The financial giants.
(b) Those who were poor already.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) Black people.
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Pig's feet.
(d) Brussel sprouts.
4. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(b) She has no opinion.
(c) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(d) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
5. What book does Terkel quote in the introduction to explain his purpose in writing this history?
(a) The Great Gatsby.
(b) Democracy in America.
(c) Les Miserables.
(d) Grapes of Wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. What strange job does Terkel get right after college?
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
4. How many people does Terkel Interview in this introduction?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)