Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Public Servant - The City, Evictions, Arrests and Other Running Sores.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) We're In the Money.
(b) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(c) Sixteen Tons.
(d) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(c) Lady Godiva.
3. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(b) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(c) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
(d) Roosevelt came from money.
4. How old was Ed Paulson when he took to the road?
5. Dr. Francis Townsend's ideas eventually became the groundwork for what?
(b) The New Deal.
(c) Social Security.
(d) The Civil Rights Movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
2. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
3. Where did Max R. Naiman and his worker's rights clients end up sleeping after he got them acquitted?
4. What is Cesar Chavez best known as?
5. In a quote in the Introduction, how does the speaker describe the socioeconomic relationship between blacks and whites during the Depression?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)