|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(d) Lady Godiva.
2. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
3. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Charity organizations.
(b) The government.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their faith.
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A private club.
(b) A Roman orgy.
(c) A rigged casino.
(d) A candy store.
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
(a) They were barely talked about.
(b) They were boogeymen.
(c) They were folk heroes.
(d) They were commodities to be sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
2. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
3. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
4. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
5. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)