|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
2. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
(a) When Roosevelt died.
(b) When the stock market crashed.
(c) The seventies.
(d) When America entered World War II.
3. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(a) Pass the WPO.
(b) Get Hoover out of office.
(c) Repeal Prohibition.
4. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
(a) The poor public servant.
(b) The indispensible man.
(c) King Frank.
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) They never had money to begin with.
(b) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(c) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(d) They never bought on credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
3. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
4. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)