|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They slept in train stations.
(b) They occupied federal buildings.
(c) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(d) The slept in front of the White House.
2. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(c) The government.
(d) Alchohol and drugs.
3. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) His drinking.
(b) His loss of a hand.
(c) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(d) His left-leaning views.
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To have influence.
(b) To provide for one's family.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To give to the poor.
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
(a) They were boogeymen.
(b) They were barely talked about.
(c) They were folk heroes.
(d) They were commodities to be sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
2. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
3. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
4. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)