|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Father Coughlin.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Bob La Follette.
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Door-to-door salesman.
(b) Con man.
(c) Pitch man.
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In a Swiss account.
(d) In his sock.
4. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(c) Lady Godiva.
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
(a) They were commodities to be sold.
(b) They were barely talked about.
(c) They were folk heroes.
(d) They were boogeymen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
2. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
3. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
4. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
5. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)