|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) The election of Richard Nixon.
(b) The widespread use of drugs.
(c) America's involvement with Vietnam.
(d) Those who ignore poverty.
2. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(a) Newspaper columnist.
3. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
(a) Entering World War II.
(b) Creating the NRA.
(c) Running for a third term.
(d) Not revealing his health problems to the public.
4. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) A bed.
(c) A trip to the movies.
(d) A new sweater.
5. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
(a) Stanley Fish.
(b) Joseph McCarthy.
(c) C. Wright Patman.
(d) Martin Dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
3. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
5. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)