|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(b) Lady Godiva.
2. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(b) Newspaper columnist.
3. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A private club.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A Roman orgy.
(d) A rigged casino.
5. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
(a) It fell into disrepair.
(b) It became a site of weekly worker protests.
(c) It became a shantytown.
(d) It was closed by the broke municipal government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
2. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
3. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
4. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
5. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)