|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
(b) Get Hoover out of office.
(c) Pass the WPO.
(d) Repeal Prohibition.
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(b) Military services.
(c) University administration.
(d) Financial sector.
3. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
(a) King Frank.
(b) The poor public servant.
(d) The indispensible man.
4. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He was not an American citizen.
(b) He promoted market speculation.
(c) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(d) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
5. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) He had to miss days of school.
(b) His friend's father killed himself.
(c) His lights were turned off.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
2. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
3. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)