|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(c) Water cannon.
(d) Tear gas.
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(a) Lady Godiva.
3. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A lost cause.
(b) A woman of ill repute.
(c) A southern belle.
(d) A habitual instigator.
4. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) The emigration of bank owners.
(b) The decimation of people's savings.
(c) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
(d) A run on failing banks.
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
(b) He began hiring white workers.
(c) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(d) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
2. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
3. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
4. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
5. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)