|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
2. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
3. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
(a) He was not an American citizen.
(b) He stopped the World War I bonuses.
(c) He failed to address the stock market crash.
(d) He promoted market speculation.
4. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
(a) King Frank.
(c) The indispensible man.
(d) The poor public servant.
5. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
(b) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
3. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
5. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)