|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(d) Newspaper columnist.
2. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They slept in train stations.
(b) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(c) They occupied federal buildings.
(d) The slept in front of the White House.
3. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Charity organizations.
(c) The government.
(d) Their faith.
4. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(c) Their grandparents.
(d) Their parents.
5. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
2. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)