|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
(a) Political struggle.
(b) The accumulation of money.
(d) The suffering of others.
2. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
(a) Celebrity photography.
(b) Hardcore pornography.
3. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their school.
(b) Their parents.
(d) Their grandparents.
4. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(c) Door-to-door salesman.
(d) Con man.
5. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In his sock.
(b) In a Swiss account.
(c) In a coffee can.
(d) Under his mattress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
3. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
4. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
5. According to Doc Graham, what was the public's attitude toward figures like Machine Gun Kelly and John Dillinger in the 1930's?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)