|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a Swiss account.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In his sock.
(d) In a coffee can.
2. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
3. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
(a) The poor public servant.
(b) King Frank.
(d) The indispensible man.
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Sixteen Tons.
(b) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
(c) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(d) We're In the Money.
5. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The government.
(c) Charity organizations.
(d) Their faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
2. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
4. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)