|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) The financial giants.
(b) Black people.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) Those who were poor already.
2. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(d) Lady Godiva.
3. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
(a) The knock-knock joke.
(b) The penny arcade.
(c) The fan dance.
(d) The Charleston.
4. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(c) Water cannon.
(d) Tear gas.
5. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
(b) Having to stand on line for a job.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) Losing her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
2. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
3. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
4. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
5. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)