|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
2. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A rigged casino.
(c) A Roman orgy.
(d) A private club.
3. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
(a) Stanley Fish.
(b) C. Wright Patman.
(c) Martin Dies.
(d) Joseph McCarthy.
4. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(a) Newspaper columnist.
5. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) Under his mattress.
(c) In his sock.
(d) In a Swiss account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
2. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
3. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
4. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
5. In whose administration was David Kennedy the Secretary of the Treasury?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)