|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(b) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
(c) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(d) It demeans her life experience.
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(b) Con man.
(c) Door-to-door salesman.
3. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
(a) He began hiring white workers.
(b) He was allowed to join the pipe-fitters' union.
(c) He was invited to move into a whites-only neighborhood.
(d) White neighbors hocked their radios to him.
4. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(b) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
5. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To promote innovation.
(c) To stimulate growth.
(d) To make one feel useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
3. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
4. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)