|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the collectivized camps outside of urban centers closed?
(a) When the stock market crashed.
(b) The seventies.
(c) When Roosevelt died.
(d) When America entered World War II.
2. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
(a) Hoover was absent for most meetings regarding the Depression.
(b) A group of right wing military men attempted a coup.
(c) There were Communists in the Roosevelt administration.
(d) Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor ahead of time.
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) Corn Flakes.
4. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
5. What dubious art did Jerome Zerbe develop in the 1930's?
(b) Celebrity photography.
(d) Hardcore pornography.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
2. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
3. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)