|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
(a) The oversaturation of the profession in the 1930's.
(b) His left-leaning views.
(c) His drinking.
(d) His loss of a hand.
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(a) Pitch man.
(c) Con man.
(d) Door-to-door salesman.
3. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) Personal freedom.
(b) The Gold Standard.
(d) Federal intervention.
4. How did Jim Sheridan travel to the Bonus March?
(a) He walked the whole way.
(b) He rode a boxcar.
(c) He hitched rides.
(d) He joined a caravan of jalopies.
5. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(a) Brussel sprouts.
(c) Pig's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial action did the Rural Rehabilitation Division undertake in the 1930's?
2. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
3. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
4. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
5. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)