|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
(a) Black communities were not affected by the Depression.
(b) Theirs was the most popular restaurant in town.
(c) They never had money to begin with.
(d) They never bought on credit.
2. In Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, where do Lily, Rob and Buck hear about the Depression?
(a) Their parents.
(b) Their school.
(d) Their grandparents.
3. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(c) Lady Godiva.
4. How did Phyllis Mortimer's brother feel about her working in the 1930's?
5. Where did some vets stay in Washington, DC during the Bonus March besides the Hoovervilles?
(a) They occupied federal buildings.
(b) They set up tents in the National Mall.
(c) The slept in front of the White House.
(d) They slept in train stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
2. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
3. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
4. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)