|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
(a) The penny arcade.
(b) The Charleston.
(c) The knock-knock joke.
(d) The fan dance.
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To promote innovation.
3. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A lost cause.
(b) A southern belle.
(c) A woman of ill repute.
(d) A habitual instigator.
4. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
(a) Sixteen Tons.
(b) Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
(c) We're In the Money.
(d) Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries.
5. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
(a) Black people.
(b) Those who were poor already.
(c) Those who thought it foolproof.
(d) The financial giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane Yoder consider a luxury during the Depression?
2. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
3. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
4. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
5. As he entered his later years, what term did Roosevelt use to describe himself among aides?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)