|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Direct mail.
(b) Radio advertising.
(c) Sponsoring shorts before films.
2. What does Diane personally think about the suffering of the 1930's in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
(a) She thinks the suffering was focused disproportionately on minorities.
(b) She thinks it is exaggerated by those who experienced it.
(c) She has no opinion.
(d) She thinks America reaped what it sowed in the 1920's.
3. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
(a) George Patton.
(b) Curtis LeMay.
(c) John Kennedy.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
4. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
(a) The Gold Standard.
(b) Personal freedom.
(d) Federal intervention.
5. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) Losing her house.
(c) Having to stand on line for a job.
(d) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
3. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
5. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)