|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diana Morgan describe herself at the beginning of her interview?
(a) A woman of ill repute.
(b) A habitual instigator.
(c) A lost cause.
(d) A southern belle.
2. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
(b) The emigration of bank owners.
(c) The decimation of people's savings.
(d) A run on failing banks.
3. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
(a) It became a shantytown.
(b) It was closed by the broke municipal government.
(c) It fell into disrepair.
(d) It became a site of weekly worker protests.
4. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
(a) Paint a house.
(b) Fish at a nearby lake.
(c) Have an affair.
(d) Redo the upholstery of a car.
5. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Losing her house.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
(d) Having to stand on line for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demagogic figure of the 1930's did Dawn McCullough despise?
2. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
4. According to Marshall and Steve , the young intellectuals of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, what became ingrained in American society as a result of the Depression?
5. Why did Win Stracke lose his work as a balladeer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)