|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) Corn Flakes.
2. What was Roosevelt trying to prevent with the Bank Holiday?
(a) The emigration of bank owners.
(b) Buyouts by large conglomerate banks.
(c) A run on failing banks.
(d) The decimation of people's savings.
3. In her interview, what does Diana Morgan say never interested her?
(a) The accumulation of money.
(b) Political struggle.
(c) The suffering of others.
4. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Direct mail.
(c) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(d) Radio advertising.
5. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
(a) Hoover was absent for most meetings regarding the Depression.
(b) There were Communists in the Roosevelt administration.
(c) A group of right wing military men attempted a coup.
(d) Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor ahead of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
2. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
3. What did Bob Leary's father do during much of the Depression to avoid going crazy?
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
5. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)