|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Slim Collier's father do before the Depression?
(b) Die work.
2. What shocking information did General Smedley Butler report to Congress in the 1930's?
(a) Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor ahead of time.
(b) Hoover was absent for most meetings regarding the Depression.
(c) A group of right wing military men attempted a coup.
(d) There were Communists in the Roosevelt administration.
3. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) University administration.
(c) Financial sector.
(d) Military services.
4. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a Swiss account.
(b) In his sock.
(c) Under his mattress.
(d) In a coffee can.
5. In his interview, Doc Graham says that in the 1930's he was the country's best what?
(b) Pitch man.
(c) Con man.
(d) Door-to-door salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
2. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
3. What famous Depression tune did Yip Harburg write?
4. Who was the head of the red-baiting committee that investigated New Deal administrators in the 1930's?
5. What inversion of racial relationships happened regarding Robin Langston's father during the Depression?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)