|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Military services.
(b) University administration.
(c) Financial sector.
2. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(a) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(b) Direct mail.
(d) Radio advertising.
3. What recollection does Diana Morgan have that draws tears from her?
(a) Interviewing her former maid for relief.
(b) Having to stand on line for a job.
(c) Losing her house.
(d) Her father's death.
4. At the end of High Life, what does Judy blame for the Depression?
5. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) The Boston Globe.
(b) Corn Flakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to one of Daisy Singer's favorite parks during the Depression?
2. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
3. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
4. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
5. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)