|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
(a) The knock-knock joke.
(b) The penny arcade.
(c) The Charleston.
(d) The fan dance.
2. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The government.
(c) Their faith.
(d) Charity organizations.
3. With what assertion does David Kennedy say he disagrees regarding Roosevelt?
(a) He saved America.
(b) His programs stemmed suffering.
(c) He bought his elections.
(d) He was a Communist.
4. In what scant costume did Sally Rand enter the Beaux Arts ball?
(b) Lady Godiva.
5. Which of the following is not an implement that interviewers in The March say was used to disperse marchers?
(a) Water cannon.
(b) Tear gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc Graham, what was the only good thing Roosevelt did?
2. According to Gardiner Means, what ended with the Depression?
3. Besides attempting to change the makeup of the Supreme Court, what Roosevelt decision does James Farley say alienated people in the administration?
4. In God Bless' the Child, Slim Collier discusses what effect created by job loss in America?
5. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)