|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened that made Robin Langston realize a crisis had begun in the country?
(a) His friend's father killed himself.
(b) He had to miss days of school.
(c) His lights were turned off.
(d) His family stopped eating meat.
2. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(b) Alchohol and drugs.
(c) The government.
3. What food can Dorothe Bernstein not stand because of her days in an orphanage?
(b) Brussel sprouts.
(c) Pig's feet.
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To keep people out of trouble.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To promote innovation.
(d) To make one feel useful.
5. What was Dorothea Lange's profession?
(b) Newspaper columnist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment did Sally Rand invent?
2. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
4. In what war did the Bonus marchers fight?
5. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)