Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Concerning the New Deal, An Unreconstructed Populist, Peroration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Harburg work before the Depression?
(a) Financial sector.
(b) University administration.
(d) Military services.
2. What unorthodox job did Phyllis Mortimer take when her family fell short of money in the 1930's?
(a) Card girl at boxing matches.
(b) Switchboard operator for an advertising firm.
(c) Door girl for a speakeasy.
(d) Chorus diver in movies.
3. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To have influence.
(b) To provide for one's family.
(c) To give to the poor.
(d) To make more money.
4. What does Diane, the young journalist in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, resent about her parent's fixation on the Depression?
(a) It demeans her life experience.
(b) It ignores the political reality of the events.
(c) They refuse to speak frankly to her about it.
(d) It ignores the racial reality of the events.
5. What about modern America mystifies Diana Morgan?
(a) The election of Richard Nixon.
(b) America's involvement with Vietnam.
(c) The widespread use of drugs.
(d) Those who ignore poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robin Langston think his family was unaffected by the Depression?
2. According to Harburg, who suffered most when the financial system collapsed?
3. Why did C. Wright Patman push for the impeachment of Hoover's Treasury Secretary?
4. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
5. What young officer assisted MacArthur in dispersing the Bonus Marchers?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)