|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed on the street.
(b) They performed it in Spanish.
(c) They performed from the audience.
(d) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
2. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They only charged for first acts.
(b) They stopped charging all together.
(c) They only charged for second acts.
(d) They increased their ticket rates.
3. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
(a) He voted to disband the union.
(b) He was branded a communist.
(c) He performed The Cradle Will Rock.
(d) He quit acting.
4. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
(a) He had to flee town.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He interviewed the leaders of the mob.
(d) He became judge of the county.
5. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(a) Penny entertainments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
2. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)