|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) Anxiety attacks.
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) External stimuli.
2. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(b) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(c) Tremors and nausea.
(d) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
3. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a tobacco picker.
(b) He was a school teacher.
(c) He was a war correspondent.
(d) He was an actor.
4. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) The Jungle.
(c) Tobacco Road.
(d) Tender is the Night.
5. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(b) Alchohol and drugs.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
2. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
4. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
5. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)