|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A Roman orgy.
(b) A rigged casino.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A private club.
2. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed it in Spanish.
(b) They performed on the street.
(c) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(d) They performed from the audience.
3. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
(a) Absurdly prosperous.
(b) Moderately well-to-do.
(c) The same as during the Depression.
(d) A normal middle-class community.
4. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a coffee can.
(b) In his sock.
(c) In a Swiss account.
(d) Under his mattress.
5. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
(a) He had to flee town.
(b) He interviewed the leaders of the mob.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He became judge of the county.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
2. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
3. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
4. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
5. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)