|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(b) Roosevelt came from money.
(c) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
(d) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
2. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a war correspondent.
(b) He was a tobacco picker.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a school teacher.
3. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(a) Soda bottles.
4. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) They performed from the audience.
(b) They recorded a performance and broadcast it.
(c) They performed on the street.
(d) They performed it in Spanish.
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
(a) He was branded a communist.
(b) He voted to disband the union.
(c) He quit acting.
(d) He performed The Cradle Will Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
2. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
3. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
4. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
5. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)