|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) John Houseman.
(b) Hiram Sherman.
(c) Marc Blitzstein.
(d) George Gershwin.
2. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He directed it.
(b) He was a stagehand.
(c) He wrote it.
(d) He was an actor.
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) External stimuli.
(b) Parental fixations.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
4. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) Lee Strasburg.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) John Gielgud.
(d) Lawrence Olivier.
5. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
(b) Food rations.
(c) Company vouchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
2. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
4. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
5. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)