|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
(a) Secretary of Commerce and Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of Agriculture and Vice President.
(c) Secretary of Transportation and Chief of Staff.
(d) Secretary of the Interior and English Ambassador.
2. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(b) Soda bottles.
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He directed it.
(c) He was a stagehand.
(d) He was an actor.
4. What was the Actors Union's response to The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) It insisted the production go on as scheduled.
(b) It barred actors from performing it onstage.
(c) It refused to intervene.
(d) It stipulated only five of its members could perform in it.
5. What is the name of the sketch programs Neil Schaffner performed in troupes across the country?
(c) Penny entertainments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
2. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
4. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
5. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)