|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
(a) Progressive political rallies.
(b) UMW locals.
(c) Town hall meetings.
(d) Church raisings.
2. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(b) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(c) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(d) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
3. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
(a) Jazz musicians.
(b) Corn growers.
(d) Auto workers.
4. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A private club.
(b) A Roman orgy.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A rigged casino.
5. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) The avoid the spread of colic.
(b) To feed locals.
(c) To boost the price.
(d) To highlight their struggle to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
2. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
3. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
5. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)