|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a school teacher.
(b) He was a war correspondent.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a tobacco picker.
2. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(b) Tremors and nausea.
(c) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
(d) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
3. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) Hiram Sherman.
(b) George Gershwin.
(c) John Houseman.
(d) Marc Blitzstein.
4. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(b) Soda bottles.
5. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
(a) The government.
(d) Alchohol and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
2. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
3. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
4. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
5. How were the actors able to perform the opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)