|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a tobacco picker.
(b) He was a school teacher.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a war correspondent.
2. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(b) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(c) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
(d) Tremors and nausea.
3. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Harold Ickes.
(d) Orson Welles.
4. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) In a Swiss account.
(b) In a coffee can.
(c) In his sock.
(d) Under his mattress.
5. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Tobacco Road.
(c) Tender is the Night.
(d) The Jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
2. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
3. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
4. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
5. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)