|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They had black members.
(b) They were entirely composed of women.
(c) They had bake sales.
(d) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
2. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(b) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(c) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(d) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
3. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) To boost the price.
(b) To highlight their struggle to survive.
(c) The avoid the spread of colic.
(d) To feed locals.
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(b) Anxiety attacks.
(c) Parental fixations.
(d) External stimuli.
5. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
(a) To provide for one's family.
(b) To have influence.
(c) To make more money.
(d) To give to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
2. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
3. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
4. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
5. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)