|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(b) Tremors and nausea.
(c) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
(d) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To promote innovation.
(b) To stimulate growth.
(c) To keep people out of trouble.
(d) To make one feel useful.
3. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(b) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(c) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
(d) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
4. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
(a) Absurdly prosperous.
(b) A normal middle-class community.
(c) The same as during the Depression.
(d) Moderately well-to-do.
5. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Huey Long.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Harold Ickes.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
2. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
3. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
4. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
5. On what does Dr. David J. Rossman think modern Americans rely too heavily?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)