|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
(c) Company vouchers.
(d) Food rations.
2. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A rigged casino.
(b) A candy store.
(c) A private club.
(d) A Roman orgy.
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He wrote it.
(b) He directed it.
(c) He was a stagehand.
(d) He was an actor.
4. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They had bake sales.
(b) They had black members.
(c) They were entirely composed of women.
(d) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
5. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
(a) Soda bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
2. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
3. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
4. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)