|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) To highlight their struggle to survive.
(b) To feed locals.
(c) To boost the price.
(d) The avoid the spread of colic.
2. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Harold Ickes.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Huey Long.
3. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They only charged for second acts.
(b) They stopped charging all together.
(c) They increased their ticket rates.
(d) They only charged for first acts.
4. What was the Actors Union's response to The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) It refused to intervene.
(b) It barred actors from performing it onstage.
(c) It stipulated only five of its members could perform in it.
(d) It insisted the production go on as scheduled.
5. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) George Gershwin.
(b) John Houseman.
(c) Hiram Sherman.
(d) Marc Blitzstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
2. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
4. What did many of Arthur Robinson's friends say was the only reason to have money?
5. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)