|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
(a) Agoraphobia and narcolepsy.
(b) Tremors and nausea.
(c) Anxiety and chronic sadness.
(d) Malaise and suicidal thoughts.
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To keep people out of trouble.
(c) To make one feel useful.
(d) To promote innovation.
3. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
(a) Secretary of Commerce and Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of Transportation and Chief of Staff.
(c) Secretary of Agriculture and Vice President.
(d) Secretary of the Interior and English Ambassador.
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
(a) Parental fixations.
(b) Anxiety attacks.
(c) External stimuli.
5. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
(a) To feed locals.
(b) To boost the price.
(c) The avoid the spread of colic.
(d) To highlight their struggle to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
2. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
3. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
4. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
5. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)