|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Charity organizations.
(c) The government.
(d) Their faith.
2. What happened to Orrin Kelly after the incident with the Iowa judge?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He had to flee town.
(c) He became judge of the county.
(d) He interviewed the leaders of the mob.
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He directed it.
(d) He was a stagehand.
4. What public figure publicly raved about Jack Kirkland's play?
(a) Harold Ickes.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Orson Welles.
(d) Huey Long.
5. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupational community of which Jimmy Partland was a part, that lent back and forth regularly?
2. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
3. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
4. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
5. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)