|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) George Gershwin.
(b) John Houseman.
(c) Marc Blitzstein.
(d) Hiram Sherman.
2. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To make one feel useful.
(c) To promote innovation.
(d) To keep people out of trouble.
3. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
(a) Secretary of Commerce and Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of Transportation and Chief of Staff.
(c) Secretary of the Interior and English Ambassador.
(d) Secretary of Agriculture and Vice President.
4. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
5. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(b) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(c) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(d) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
2. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
3. As described in The Farmer Is the Man, how did a mob respond to a judge who was foreclosing on homes in Iowa?
4. What psychiatric complaints did Dr. Nathan Ackerman's patients most often bring to him?
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)