|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) John Gielgud.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Lee Strasburg.
(d) Lawrence Olivier.
2. What metaphor does Arthur Robinson use to describe Wall Street in the 1920's?
(a) A rigged casino.
(b) A Roman orgy.
(c) A private club.
(d) A candy store.
3. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They only charged for first acts.
(b) They only charged for second acts.
(c) They increased their ticket rates.
(d) They stopped charging all together.
4. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) George Gershwin.
(b) Marc Blitzstein.
(c) Hiram Sherman.
(d) John Houseman.
5. What safety practice do coal companies refuse to implement for fear of slowing production in the 1930's?
(a) Offering medical examinations.
(b) Ventilating mines.
(c) Spraying down shafts.
(d) Switching out workers every 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what was the state of coal miners before the Depression?
2. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
3. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
4. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
5. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)