|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
(a) He was a tobacco picker.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a war correspondent.
(d) He was a school teacher.
2. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They stopped charging all together.
(b) They only charged for first acts.
(c) They only charged for second acts.
(d) They increased their ticket rates.
3. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
(a) Under his mattress.
(b) In his sock.
(c) In a coffee can.
(d) In a Swiss account.
4. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(b) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(c) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(d) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
5. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(b) They had black members.
(c) They were entirely composed of women.
(d) They had bake sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
2. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
3. At the beginning of The Fine and Lively Arts, Hiram Sherman speaks glowingly of drinking covert gin out of what?
4. What two roles did Henry Wallace play in the Roosevelt administration?
5. What legendary artist of the twentieth century directed The Cradle Will Rock?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)