|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(b) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
(c) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
(d) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
2. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
3. What product did Benton manage after the Depression?
(a) Corn Flakes.
(d) The Boston Globe.
4. What change to the ticket structure did the Schaffner Players make after the 1929 Crash?
(a) They increased their ticket rates.
(b) They only charged for first acts.
(c) They stopped charging all together.
(d) They only charged for second acts.
5. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Charity organizations.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arthur Robinson do before entering the financial markets?
2. What popular American novel did Jack Kirkland adapt into a successful play?
3. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
4. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
5. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)