|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hiram Sherman do in The Cradle Will Rock?
(a) He was a stagehand.
(b) He wrote it.
(c) He directed it.
(d) He was an actor.
2. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
(a) They spoke Gaelic to each other.
(b) They were entirely composed of women.
(c) They had bake sales.
(d) They had black members.
3. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
(b) Sponsoring shorts before films.
(c) Radio advertising.
(d) Direct mail.
4. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
5. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
(b) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
(c) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(d) Roosevelt came from money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the piano for opening night of The Cradle Will Rock?
2. During the Depression, why did farmers systematically stop corn deliveries?
3. According to Dr. David J. Rossman, what did psychoanalysis not acknowledge regarding patient distress in the 1930's?
4. In Man and Boy, what does Clifford Burke credit with black men's survival in the Depression?
5. What was Paul Draper's occupation during the 1930's?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)