|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: The Fine and Lively Arts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Martin DeVries hate Roosevelt?
(a) Roosevelt got America into World War II.
(b) Roosevelt attacked the free market system.
(c) Roosevelt came from money.
(d) Roosevelt tried to pack the court.
2. According to Emma Teiller, why did armed men enter a relief house in her neighborhood?
(a) To stop mobs threatening to burn it down.
(b) To ensure that blacks were being fairly served.
(c) To keep an eye out for union organizers.
(d) To keep Japanese Americans out of it.
3. According to Buddy Blankenship in Sixteen Ton, what did coal companies often pay instead of money?
(a) Food rations.
(d) Company vouchers.
4. Corn farmers often switched to what agricultural product in the midst of the Depression?
5. What does Jimmy Partland say is the importance of a job?
(a) To stimulate growth.
(b) To promote innovation.
(c) To keep people out of trouble.
(d) To make one feel useful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arthur Robinson keep thousands of dollars during the bank holiday?
2. What advertising outlet did William Benton exploit, making him his fortune?
3. Aaron Barkham informs the reader of what strange practice of certain clans within the Appalachian Ku Klux Klan?
4. In 1930's Appalachia, what does the KKK assist in setting up?
5. Why was Hiram Sherman removed from Equity leadership?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)