|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator take the librarian on his last morning?
2. What does the narrator think people want to extend to everything?
3. What unusual thing does the narrator note about the Power Station?
4. What does the narrator do to kill time while waiting for his date with the librarian?
5. What does the narrator want to do in light of the situation?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what happens when the Tokyo narrator remembers his shadow on the movie screen while underground and explain the significance of this event has for the narrator.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the phrase "the End of the World" is used to link the two storylines together and explain what the end of the world really is.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 37, the narrator says he was born by the sea and liked to collect things washed on shore by the typhoon. He says his life has always been about "gathering up the junk, sorting through it, and then casting it off somewhere else. All for no purpose...". Explain how the narrator's current life is this way and draw parallels between this and the people in the Town.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)