Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
2. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
3. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
4. What does the Librarian say is the key to finding her mind?
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
Describe what the narrator refers to in Chapter 35 as "despair", "disillusionment" and "hell" and explain why he says he's unable to create a better life for himself.
Explain how "shuffling" is done and the significance of this process for the novel's exploration of consciousness.
Explain how the Dreamreader finds out that the Librarian still has traces of mind and the significance this has for his own life.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)