Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
2. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
3. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
4. What does the Librarian say is the key to finding her mind?
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
Write a detailed characterization of Murakami's use of literary and musical references, describing his choice of usage and explaining how these choices add to the development of the characters.
Explain what the Townspeople, the shadow and the Professor say about the beasts and use these varying viewpoints to explain the role unicorns play in the novel as a whole.
Describe what happens when the Tokyo narrator remembers his shadow on the movie screen while underground and explain the significance of this event has for the narrator.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)