Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
2. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
3. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
4. What does the Librarian say is the key to finding her mind?
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the first two chapters of the book. In the first chapter, the narrator is stuck in an elevator. In the second chapter, the beasts and the coming of autumn are described. Compare and contrast the tone of both of these chapters.
Essay Topic 2
Name some elements of the "archetypal journey" and explain how the "Hard-Boiled Wonderland" narrator's passage through the Tokyo underground was an archetypal journey.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the phrase "the End of the World" is used to link the two storylines together and explain what the end of the world really is.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)