|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chubby girl begin reading in the narrator's apartment?
2. Which of the following does the Colonel NOT give as a possible reason for his work as a soldier?
3. What song does the narrator begin to whistle in the sewer side vent?
4. What kind of power is the Town apparently running on?
5. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the video game the Tokyo narrator plays while waiting for his date with the librarian and draw parallels to his own situation. Describe the video game the Tokyo narrator plays while waiting for his date with the librarian and draw parallels to his own situation.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed characterization of Murakami's use of literary and musical references, describing his choice of usage and explaining how these choices add to the development of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the narrator refers to in Chapter 35 as "despair", "disillusionment" and "hell" and explain why he says he's unable to create a better life for himself.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)