Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
2. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
3. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
4. What does the Librarian say is the key to finding her mind?
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
Describe the Tokyo narrator's escapist tendencies, giving several concrete examples.
Describe what the narrator refers to in Chapter 35 as "despair", "disillusionment" and "hell" and explain why he says he's unable to create a better life for himself.
Consider the first two chapters of the book. In the first chapter, the narrator is stuck in an elevator. In the second chapter, the beasts and the coming of autumn are described. Compare and contrast the tone of both of these chapters.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)