|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
2. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
3. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
4. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
5. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
2. Describe the Colonel and his relationship to the narrator.
3. Describe the process for reading dreams.
4. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
5. What do you know about the narrator's job based on your reading of Chapter 3?
6. What does the narrator realize in Chapter 17 about Junior's reference to a "time bomb"?
7. Briefly describe the memory the narrator has while climbing the underground tower with the chubby girl.
8. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
9. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
10. What is the source of the noise that dominates the first half of Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a detailed description of the Hard-Boiled Wonderland narrator's personality and explain how he changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happens when the Tokyo narrator remembers his shadow on the movie screen while underground and explain the significance of this event has for the narrator.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the Dreamreader finds out that the Librarian still has traces of mind and the significance this has for his own life.
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)