|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say, following the chubby girl's line of thinking, that the two of them will have to help her grandfather?
2. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
5. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
2. Describe the differences between Western and Eastern unicorns as presented in Chapter 9.
3. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
4. Which unusual things have you noticed about the Town as described in Chapter 4?
5. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
6. Describe the process for reading dreams.
7. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
8. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
9. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
10. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Being as specific as you can, explain the Tokyo narrator's perception of reality as events unfold at the beginning of the book. Did the narrator's reaction to what is happening assist in your suspension of disbelief? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happens when the Tokyo narrator remembers his shadow on the movie screen while underground and explain the significance of this event has for the narrator.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the video game the Tokyo narrator plays while waiting for his date with the librarian and draw parallels to his own situation. Describe the video game the Tokyo narrator plays while waiting for his date with the librarian and draw parallels to his own situation.
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)