|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the narrator and the librarian NOT have as dessert at the restaurant?
(b) Grape ice.
(d) Lemon soufflé.
2. Who does the Caretaker say comes to visit until the beginning of autumn?
(a) The beasts.
(b) The Gatekeeper.
(c) The Woodspeople.
(d) The Townspeople.
3. Where is the shadow when the narrator comes to visit him at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the Watchtower.
(c) In the lean-to.
(d) Under the tree.
4. What compliment does the narrator make the librarian?
(a) She has great legs.
(b) She has a great butt.
(c) She has lovely hair.
(d) She's a great kisser.
5. Why does the narrator rent the car?
(a) He doesn't want to go back into the subway.
(b) He wants to impress his date.
(c) He doesn't want to show up with the sports bag in hand.
(d) He doesn't want to drive his own car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Librarian compare the warmth of the narrator's hand to?
2. What does the Librarian ask the Caretaker in the Power Station chapter?
3. Which song does the narrator finally begin to play on the accordion?
4. What does the chubby girl begin reading in the narrator's apartment?
5. What is the last thing the shadow tells the narrator?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)