|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Gatekeeper leave the narrator alone with his shadow?
(a) He has work to do.
(b) He can't stand the smell.
(c) He thinks they don't get along.
(d) He feels sorry for the narrator.
2. What does the shadow say the Town's "exit" is guarded by?
3. What song does the narrator begin to whistle in the sewer side vent?
(a) Blowin' in the Wind.
(b) I Go to Pieces.
(c) All Along the Watchtower.
(d) Purple Rain.
4. Who does the narrator call on the telephone at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) His mother.
(b) The chubby girl.
(c) The System.
(d) The Professor.
5. What does the Caretaker of the Power Station make for his guests in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator buy while in the park?
2. What does the Librarian compare the warmth of the narrator's hand to?
3. What is the first thing the narrator mentions when telling his shadow about his doubts?
4. What happens to the narrator when he is finished playing the music?
5. What does the narrator buy while waiting for the clothes to dry?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)