|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instrument does the narrator eventually take with him?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) An accordion.
2. What does the Librarian compare looking for her mind to?
(a) Looking for lost leaves on the ground.
(b) Looking for lost drops of rain in a river.
(c) Looking for lost needles in a haystack.
(d) Looking for lost birds in the skies.
3. What has happened to the hole the men dug outside the narrator's window?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It has been filled back in.
(c) It is full of beasts.
(d) It has filled with snow.
4. What unusual thing does the narrator note about the Power Station?
(a) Unlike the rest of the Town's structures, the Power Station is made of wood.
(b) It seems to be talking.
(c) It seems to be glowing.
(d) There are no lines leading out.
5. What does the narrator ask the Librarian to do for him when he is finished reading skulls?
(a) Bring him home.
(b) Make him breakfast.
(c) Wake him up.
(d) Make him some coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is "...all that is left..." at the end of the story?
2. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
3. Where does the chubby girl say her grandfather has gone?
4. Why does the shadow say the narrator can't take the Librarian to the Woods?
5. What does the subway attendant claim is a waste of money while discussing the lost tickets with the narrator?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)