|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
(a) The Autumn.
(b) The Winter.
2. What does the narrator buy while waiting for the clothes to dry?
(a) Four cassettes.
(b) Four videos.
(c) Four beers.
(d) Four gateaux.
3. What does the Caretaker provide as part of lunch?
(d) Beast meat.
4. What does the narrator realize he'll continue to produce at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) Escape routes.
(c) New circuits.
(d) New realities.
5. Where does the narrator take the librarian on his last morning?
(a) To a French patisserie.
(b) To a ballgame.
(c) To the park.
(d) To the pier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author does the narrator NOT say he likes to read at dinner?
2. What does the narrator do to kill time while waiting for his date with the librarian?
3. What unusual thing does the narrator note about the Power Station?
4. How does the shadow know the Town has an exit?
5. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Professor says is a way out of the situation the narrator finds himself in in Chapter 27 and why it would work.
2. Describe the scene when the narrator first enters the laundromat.
3. How does the narrator's shadow say he developed his plan of escape in Chapter 38?
4. What does the narrator say he plans to do with the Librarian's mind once he has read it?
5. Explain what the narrator thinks about the stars as he is making his way through the underground escape route towards the end of Chapter 29.
6. Describe how the narrator's shadow is living at the beginning of Chapter 32.
7. Given what the narrator tells his shadow about why he plans to stay, what do you think he plans to do with his time in the Town?
8. Why does the Librarian say the accordion is "the key" in Chapter 36?
9. How does the narrator react to the musical instruments in Chapter 28?
10. What doubts about leaving the Town does the narrator voice to his shadow in Chapter 32?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)