|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
2. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
(a) She is chubby.
(b) She doesn't smell good.
(c) She talks a lot.
(d) She is loud.
3. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A peach.
(c) An apple.
(d) A watermelon.
4. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Caluctecs.
(b) The INKlings.
(c) The Semiotecs.
(d) The Factory.
5. Why does the narrator say, following the chubby girl's line of thinking, that the two of them will have to help her grandfather?
(a) Because they are the only friends he has.
(b) Because all three of them are good people.
(c) Because if they don't, the Factory will get the data.
(d) Because if they don't, they will end up feeling guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
2. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
3. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
4. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
5. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
2. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
3. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
4. Describe the process for reading dreams.
5. Describe the significance of the music in Chapter 36.
6. Briefly describe the memory the narrator has while climbing the underground tower with the chubby girl.
7. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
8. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
9. Describe the Town's power source.
10. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)