|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
(a) A sound-cue pattern.
(b) A program-reversal pattern.
(c) An eye-shifting pattern.
(d) A spoken-word pattern.
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) He will understand soon.
(b) He will forget.
(c) He will realize that it's for the best.
(d) He will become more and more angry.
3. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
4. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
(a) The INKlings took everything.
(b) It was the System that broken in to.
(c) It was the Factory that broken in to.
(d) The lab wasn't broken into.
5. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The notes in the song he's whistling.
(b) The holes in the ceiling.
(c) The coins in his pocket.
(d) The buttons on the elevator control panel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
2. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
4. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator imagine his retirement in Chapter 13?
2. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
3. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
4. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
5. What does the Gatekeeper have to say about the fact that the narrator got lost in the Woods and fell ill?
6. Describe the Colonel and his relationship to the narrator.
7. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
8. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
9. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
10. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)