|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) All of the research samples.
(b) All of the mammalian skulls.
(c) The process for shuffling.
(d) The narrator's personal file.
2. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
3. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) The INKlings' sex drive.
(b) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
(c) His own sex drive.
(d) The old man's sex drive.
4. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
(a) In the South.
(b) In the East.
(c) In the West.
(d) In the North.
5. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
2. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
3. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
4. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
5. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's conversation with the Librarian about where he came from tell the reader about the nature of the Town?
2. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
3. Which unusual things have you noticed about the Town as described in Chapter 4?
4. Describe the process for reading dreams.
5. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
6. Describe the differences between Western and Eastern unicorns as presented in Chapter 9.
7. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
8. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
9. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
10. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)