Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(c) A bandage.
(d) A blanket.
2. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
3. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
(a) It was a real memory coming back from his core consciousness.
(b) It was an artificial memory the narrator made up.
(c) It was the shadow of a memory from before the shuffle.
(d) It was an artificial memory the Professor made up.
4. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
5. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
(a) The Indian variety.
(b) The Greek variety.
(c) The Russian variety.
(d) The Chinese variety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
3. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
4. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
5. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Town's power source.
2. Explain the parallels between the video game the narrator plays at the beginning of Chapter 35 and his life.
3. What does the Librarian say she particularly remembers about her mother in Chapter 22? How does the narrator explain this memory?
4. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
5. What do you know about the narrator's job based on your reading of Chapter 3?
6. What is the significance of the narrator's realization of what the accordion is and how to use it?
7. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
8. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
9. How does the narrator whistling "I Go to Pieces" in Chapter 29 relate to the overall storyline?
10. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)