|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's shadow come to the storeroom to get as an excuse to see the narrator in Chapter 10?
(b) A hammer.
(c) A saw.
(d) A wrench.
2. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A soldier.
3. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) The old man's sex drive.
(b) His own sex drive.
(c) The INKlings' sex drive.
(d) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
4. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
5. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) He has decided to give up on his shadow.
(b) He doesn't know if it was good to visit his shadow.
(c) He is worried about his shadow.
(d) His shadow seems weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
2. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
3. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
5. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Collection Room.
2. Describe the process for reading dreams.
3. What does the Librarian say she particularly remembers about her mother in Chapter 22? How does the narrator explain this memory?
4. Why does the Professor say in Chapter 25 that he gave the narrator the data to shuffle with the terminal program?
5. What does the narrator realize in Chapter 17 about Junior's reference to a "time bomb"?
6. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
7. What is the source of the noise that dominates the first half of Chapter 23?
8. Describe the Colonel and his relationship to the narrator.
9. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
10. How does the narrator imagine his retirement in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,333 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)