|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) A camphor tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) An ash tree.
2. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(c) A bandage.
(d) A blanket.
3. What does the narrator say may be the signal to put physical pain out of mind?
(a) Ben Johnson.
(b) Pretty girls.
4. What does the narrator find himself longing for underground?
(a) The morning newspaper.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A girlfriend.
5. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The blowing of the horn.
(b) The approach of dinnertime.
(c) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(d) The opening of the Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gatekeeper say about the stash of old clothes?
2. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
3. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
5. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
2. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
3. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
4. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
5. Why does the Professor say in Chapter 25 that he gave the narrator the data to shuffle with the terminal program?
6. What do you know about the Pool based on your readings in Chapter 12?
7. Describe the Collection Room.
8. What do you know about the narrator's job based on your reading of Chapter 3?
9. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
10. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)