|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
2. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A skull.
(c) A sofa.
(d) A knife.
3. Where does the narrator's shadow sleep?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) Beneath the Watchtower.
(c) In a lean-to.
(d) In a room in the barracks.
4. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His eyesight.
(b) His voice.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shadow.
5. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
(a) It was an artificial memory the Professor made up.
(b) It was a real memory coming back from his core consciousness.
(c) It was the shadow of a memory from before the shuffle.
(d) It was an artificial memory the narrator made up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
2. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
3. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
4. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What kind of watch is Junior wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
2. Describe the process for reading dreams.
3. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
4. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
5. Describe the Collection Room.
6. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
7. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
8. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
9. What do you know about the narrator's job based on your reading of Chapter 3?
10. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)