Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The town park.
(b) The town square.
(c) The clock tower.
(d) The promenade.
2. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A stash of paperclips.
(c) A rope.
(d) A message from the Professor.
3. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Southern Hill.
(b) The Eastern Woods.
(c) The Worker's Quarter.
(d) The Apple Grove.
4. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is married.
(b) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(c) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(d) She is too young.
5. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
(a) The INKlings took everything.
(b) It was the System that broken in to.
(c) It was the Factory that broken in to.
(d) The lab wasn't broken into.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
2. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
3. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
4. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
5. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Professor says is a way out of the situation the narrator finds himself in in Chapter 27 and why it would work.
2. How does the Caretaker of the Power Station feel about the musical instruments?
3. Describe how the narrator's shadow is living at the beginning of Chapter 32.
4. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
5. Explain the significance of the song "Danny Boy" for the narrator's life.
6. Which situation does the narrator define as "despair" in Chapter 33?
7. Explain the parallels between the video game the narrator plays at the beginning of Chapter 35 and his life.
8. What does the Gatekeeper have to say about the fact that the narrator got lost in the Woods and fell ill?
9. Explain the beasts' feeding habits as observed in Chapter 26.
10. Explain what the Colonel tells the narrator about the digging of the hole in Chapter 30.
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)