|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) He will forget.
(b) He will become more and more angry.
(c) He will understand soon.
(d) He will realize that it's for the best.
2. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
(a) It was the Factory that broken in to.
(b) It was the System that broken in to.
(c) The INKlings took everything.
(d) The lab wasn't broken into.
3. What does the narrator believe after he's slammed into the rock slab at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) He will never get out of the underground.
(b) He has a concussion.
(c) He is dead.
(d) The girl misled him on purpose.
4. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
(a) Her grandfather thinks she looks pretty in pink.
(b) It's her favorite color.
(c) It helps scare off the INKlings.
(d) It was her mother's favorite color.
5. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They slice his abdomen.
(b) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They gouge his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
2. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
4. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of the noise that dominates the first half of Chapter 23?
2. Why does the Professor say in Chapter 25 that he gave the narrator the data to shuffle with the terminal program?
3. What does the narrator's conversation with the Librarian about where he came from tell the reader about the nature of the Town?
4. Describe the Collection Room.
5. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
6. What do you know about the Pool based on your readings in Chapter 12?
7. Explain the significance of the paperclips in Chapter 21.
8. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
9. What does the Gatekeeper have to say about the fact that the narrator got lost in the Woods and fell ill?
10. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)