|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
(a) Scent technology.
(b) The mammalian palate.
(c) Comparing skeletons.
(d) Diving technology.
3. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(b) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(c) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
(d) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
4. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
(a) It was the Factory that broken in to.
(b) The INKlings took everything.
(c) The lab wasn't broken into.
(d) It was the System that broken in to.
5. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
3. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does the narrator pass the sunny days?
5. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
2. Why does the Professor say in Chapter 25 that he gave the narrator the data to shuffle with the terminal program?
3. What do you know about the Pool based on your readings in Chapter 12?
4. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
5. What does the narrator realize in Chapter 17 about Junior's reference to a "time bomb"?
6. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
7. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the Woods and the Woodspeople in Chapter 14?
8. Describe the differences between Western and Eastern unicorns as presented in Chapter 9.
9. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
10. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)