|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
(a) Their jaws snapping.
(b) Their tails wagging.
(c) Their fins flapping.
(d) Their lips smacking.
2. What does the narrator believe after he's slammed into the rock slab at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He has a concussion.
(c) He will never get out of the underground.
(d) The girl misled him on purpose.
3. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
(a) The Red and the Black.
(d) Spring Torrents.
4. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the Ukraine.
(c) In Leningrad.
(d) In Stalingrad.
5. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
(a) The world was supposed to end.
(b) The program was supposed to be cancelled.
(c) The program was supposed to detonate.
(d) The data was supposed to reshuffle itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
2. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
3. Where does the Librarian live?
4. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
5. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Librarian say she particularly remembers about her mother in Chapter 22? How does the narrator explain this memory?
2. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
3. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
4. What is the source of the noise that dominates the first half of Chapter 23?
5. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
6. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the Woods and the Woodspeople in Chapter 14?
7. Describe the Colonel and his relationship to the narrator.
8. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
9. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
10. What do you know about the Pool based on your readings in Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)