|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
(b) The girl in pink.
(c) The Professor.
(d) The librarian.
2. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His eyesight.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His voice.
3. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
(b) There will be no answers today.
(c) The narrator asks too many questions.
(d) The questions are annoying.
4. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
5. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
(c) Spring Torrents.
(d) The Red and the Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
2. What does the narrator suggest be built for the beasts?
3. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
4. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
5. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
2. Briefly describe the memory the narrator has while climbing the underground tower with the chubby girl.
3. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
4. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
5. Describe where the narrator's shadow lives.
6. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
7. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
8. How does the narrator imagine his retirement in Chapter 13?
9. Give a brief description of the beasts introduced in Chapter 2.
10. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)