|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A bear.
(c) A horse.
(d) An INKling.
2. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) There will be no answers today.
(b) The narrator asks too many questions.
(c) The questions are annoying.
(d) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
3. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
(a) It was an artificial memory the Professor made up.
(b) It was an artificial memory the narrator made up.
(c) It was the shadow of a memory from before the shuffle.
(d) It was a real memory coming back from his core consciousness.
4. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) In the Library.
(b) Near the Pool.
(c) At the Gate.
(d) In the Woods.
5. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(b) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(c) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
(d) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
2. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
3. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
4. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does the Colonel give the narrator as winter approaches in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the memory the narrator has while climbing the underground tower with the chubby girl.
2. Describe the Collection Room.
3. What do you know about the narrator's job based on your reading of Chapter 3?
4. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
5. Describe the Colonel and his relationship to the narrator.
6. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
7. What does the Librarian say she particularly remembers about her mother in Chapter 22? How does the narrator explain this memory?
8. Describe the process for reading dreams.
9. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
10. Which unusual things have you noticed about the Town as described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)