|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The INKlings.
(b) The Caluctecs.
(c) The Factory.
(d) The Semiotecs.
2. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) The old man's sex drive.
(b) His own sex drive.
(c) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
(d) The INKlings' sex drive.
3. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) An ash tree.
(c) A camphor tree.
(d) A cypress tree.
4. What does the narrator find himself longing for underground?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) The morning newspaper.
(d) A girlfriend.
5. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
(a) A honeycomb.
(b) A minefield.
(c) A train track.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
2. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
3. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
4. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
5. What kind of watch is Junior wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the relationship between the narrator and the young woman develops in Chapter 5.
2. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
3. Explain why the Colonel brings up the Librarian in Chapter 16 and what he tells the narrator in regards to her?
4. How does the narrator imagine his retirement in Chapter 13?
5. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
6. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
7. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
8. What does the narrator realize in Chapter 17 about Junior's reference to a "time bomb"?
9. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
10. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)