|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
(a) He thinks it's foolish.
(b) He thinks he's too good for the job.
(c) He thinks it's too important a job to be left to him.
(d) He feels inadequate.
2. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) A telephone.
(b) An INKling repellant device.
(c) Something to drink.
3. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
(a) Chinese take-out.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) A kiss.
5. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
(a) A lemon.
(b) A peach.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
2. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
3. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
4. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
5. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the taxi that picks up the narrator and the chubby girl after the exit from the underground in Chapter 31.
2. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
3. Describe the differences between Western and Eastern unicorns as presented in Chapter 9.
4. Describe the procedure the narrator goes through to prepare for shuffling.
5. What does the chubby girl plan to do once the narrator loses consciousness, and why?
6. How does the narrator explain his decision in Chapter 40?
7. Why does the narrator say looking for the Librarian's mind is not like looking for raindrops?
8. What does the narrator tell the librarian about why he got divorced?
9. How does the narrator whistling "I Go to Pieces" in Chapter 29 relate to the overall storyline?
10. What is the significance of the narrator's realization of what the accordion is and how to use it?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)