|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The town park.
(b) The town square.
(c) The promenade.
(d) The clock tower.
2. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is the best friend he's got.
(b) Nothing is her fault.
(c) Her mother must have missed her.
(d) She is not alone.
3. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
4. Where does the Librarian live?
(a) In the Worker's Quarter.
(b) Beside the Clock Tower.
(c) Beside the Old Bridge.
(d) In the Industrial Quarter.
5. What does the narrator believe after he's slammed into the rock slab at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He will never get out of the underground.
(d) The girl misled him on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say, following the chubby girl's line of thinking, that the two of them will have to help her grandfather?
2. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
3. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
4. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Gatekeeper have to say about the fact that the narrator got lost in the Woods and fell ill?
2. Explain the narrator's reaction to the skull the Professor gives him as a gift.
3. Explain where the narrator is at the beginning of Chapter 1 and what he spends his time doing.
4. Explain what "The End of the World" is according to the Professor's explanation in Chapter 25.
5. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
6. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
7. Describe the Collection Room.
8. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the beasts' death in Chapter 20?
9. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the Woods and the Woodspeople in Chapter 14?
10. What does Junior tell the narrator to tell the System about their visit and the wound? Why?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)