|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
(a) Their lips smacking.
(b) Their tails wagging.
(c) Their fins flapping.
(d) Their jaws snapping.
2. Why does the narrator say, following the chubby girl's line of thinking, that the two of them will have to help her grandfather?
(a) Because if they don't, the Factory will get the data.
(b) Because if they don't, they will end up feeling guilty.
(c) Because they are the only friends he has.
(d) Because all three of them are good people.
3. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) At the Train Station.
(b) In the Collection Room.
(c) In the Goods Depot.
(d) In the Storeroom.
4. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Near the Pool.
(b) In the Library.
(c) In the Woods.
(d) At the Gate.
5. What does the narrator say he uses his car for in Chapter 7?
(b) Short outings.
(d) Long drives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
2. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
3. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
5. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's conversation with the Librarian about where he came from tell the reader about the nature of the Town?
2. Describe the Collection Room.
3. What does the Librarian say she particularly remembers about her mother in Chapter 22? How does the narrator explain this memory?
4. Describe the differences between Western and Eastern unicorns as presented in Chapter 9.
5. What does the Colonel tell the narrator about the Woods and the Woodspeople in Chapter 14?
6. How does the narrator imagine his retirement in Chapter 13?
7. What information does the chubby girl in pink get from reading her grandfather's notebook in Chapter 19?
8. What do you know about the Wall surrounding the Town based on your readings in Chapter 10?
9. Why does the chubby girl think her grandfather's lab hasn't been broken into in Chapter 21?
10. What does the Gatekeeper have to say about the fact that the narrator got lost in the Woods and fell ill?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)