|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator buy while in the park?
(b) A balloon.
(d) A cigar.
2. What does the shadow guess is the reason the narrator doesn't want to leave?
(a) The beasts.
(b) The Gatekeeper.
(c) The Librarian.
(d) The Colonel.
3. What does the narrator compare his world to while climbing through the escape route in Chapter 29?
(a) A unicorn.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A blue tweed suit.
(d) Gaien Park.
4. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
(a) The clothes are all pink.
(b) It's strange that the narrator is simply staring at the dryer.
(c) The narrator clearly doesn't know how to use a dryer.
(d) The clothes still stink from the underground.
5. What does the narrator think people want to extend to everything?
6. Which song does the narrator sing along to at the librarian's house?
(a) Georgia on My Mind.
(b) I'll Be Home.
(c) Danny Boy.
(d) Autumn Leaves.
7. What effect does the whiskey have on the narrator in Chapter 27?
(a) It makes him woozy.
(b) It doesn't register.
(c) It makes him cry.
(d) It makes him laugh.
8. Where does the chubby girl say she wants to go with the narrator when the reach the subway at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) To Disneyland.
(b) To Finland.
(c) To a ball game.
(d) To his place.
9. What does the Professor use the paperclips for?
(a) To keep his aura magnetized.
(b) To keep away the INKlings.
(c) To occupy his hands.
(d) To leave a trail.
10. Why does the Gatekeeper leave the narrator alone with his shadow?
(a) He feels sorry for the narrator.
(b) He has work to do.
(c) He can't stand the smell.
(d) He thinks they don't get along.
11. What happens to the narrator as he passes by the INKlings' lair?
(a) He gets liquefied.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He stops moving and has a hard time starting again.
(d) He gets sucked in.
12. Where does the shadow tell the narrator they're going?
(a) To the barracks.
(b) To the Pool.
(c) To the Woods.
(d) To the Watchtower.
13. Why does the librarian wake the narrator up in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) The unicorn skull is glowing.
(b) Junior has broken in.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She is afraid the world is going to end.
14. What does the narrator immediately notice when he returns to his apartment?
(a) The television is gone.
(b) The apartment has been cleaned up.
(c) The walls have been vandalized.
(d) The apartment is in worse shape than when he left.
15. What does the narrator realize he'll continue to produce at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) New circuits.
(b) New realities.
(c) Escape routes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator finally realize that his musical instrument is an accordion?
2. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
3. What does the shadow call the role of the Dreamreader in his discussion of the loss of mind at the end of Chapter 32?
4. What does the narrator want to do when he arrives at the Library in Chapter 34?
5. Why does the Librarian say the Dreamreader can't free her mind?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)