|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does the narrator begin to whistle in the sewer side vent?
(a) Blowin' in the Wind.
(b) I Go to Pieces.
(c) All Along the Watchtower.
(d) Purple Rain.
2. How long does the Professor say the provisions will keep him alive?
(a) Three or four days.
(b) Seven or eight days.
(c) One or two days.
(d) One or two weeks.
3. What happens to the narrator when he is finished playing the music?
(a) His vision heals.
(b) He realizes he has to leave the Town.
(c) He starts to cry.
(d) His heart starts to ache.
4. What happens to the narrator as he passes by the INKlings' lair?
(a) He gets liquefied.
(b) He gets sucked in.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He stops moving and has a hard time starting again.
5. What unusual thing does the narrator note about the Power Station?
(a) There are no lines leading out.
(b) It seems to be talking.
(c) It seems to be glowing.
(d) Unlike the rest of the Town's structures, the Power Station is made of wood.
6. What does the narrator ask the Librarian to do for him when he is finished reading skulls?
(a) Wake him up.
(b) Bring him home.
(c) Make him breakfast.
(d) Make him some coffee.
7. What does the narrator compare his world to while climbing through the escape route in Chapter 29?
(a) Gaien Park.
(b) A credit card.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A blue tweed suit.
8. What does the narrator say the Librarian can never do since she has no mind?
(a) She can never remember him.
(b) She can never miss him.
(c) She can never love him.
(d) She can never need him.
9. What does the narrator say is "...all that is left..." at the end of the story?
(a) The flight of the birds overhead.
(b) The thought of the accordion.
(c) The End of the World.
(d) The sound of the snow underfoot.
10. What has happened to the hole the men dug outside the narrator's window?
(a) It has disappeared.
(b) It has been filled back in.
(c) It is full of beasts.
(d) It has filled with snow.
11. Who does the narrator tell his shadow the Wall is really there to hold in?
(a) The Librarian.
(b) The Townspeople.
(d) The beasts.
12. What effect does the whiskey have on the narrator in Chapter 27?
(a) It makes him cry.
(b) It makes him woozy.
(c) It makes him laugh.
(d) It doesn't register.
13. What does the narrator compare his memory of visiting the Power Station to?
(a) A fog.
(b) A dream.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A joke.
14. Where does the narrator take the librarian on his last morning?
(a) To a French patisserie.
(b) To the park.
(c) To the pier.
(d) To a ballgame.
15. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
(b) The Autumn.
(c) The Winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator buy while in the park?
2. Why don't the Librarian and the narrator talk on the way to the Power Station?
3. Which of the following do the narrator and the librarian NOT have as dessert at the restaurant?
4. Why do the people in the laundromat stare at the narrator when he begins drying the clothes?
5. Where does the narrator think it might not be bad to end his life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)