Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
(b) A pretzel.
(c) A burger.
2. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
(a) He can't breathe.
(b) He can't leave.
(c) He can't walk.
(d) He can't talk.
3. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
(a) He has responsibilities.
(b) He has to save the Librarian.
(c) He is afraid of the exit.
(d) He has grown to love dreamreading.
4. What does the Librarian say is the key to finding her mind?
(a) The Gatekeeper.
(b) The skulls.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The accordion.
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
6. Who does the narrator call on the telephone at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Professor.
(c) The chubby girl.
(d) The System.
7. Where does the chubby girl say she wants to go with the narrator when the reach the subway at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) To Disneyland.
(b) To a ball game.
(c) To Finland.
(d) To his place.
8. Why doesn't the Librarian want the narrator to go to the Power Station?
(a) She's never been there before.
(b) It's in the Woods.
(c) She's heard the Caretaker is dangerous.
(d) She's heard the Power Station is dangerous.
9. Where does the narrator think it might not be bad to end his life?
(a) In London.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Frankfurt.
(d) In Zurich.
10. What does the shadow call the role of the Dreamreader in his discussion of the loss of mind at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) A scout.
(b) A lightning rod.
(c) A scapegoat.
(d) A catalyst.
11. What escape does the Professor offer for the dilemma the narrator is faced with?
(a) If the System finds out about the research, they will abort the program.
(b) If the Factory gets the data, the program will end automatically.
(c) If he dies now, all three of his circuits will die with him.
(d) If he can unshuffle the data, the program will end automatically.
12. Where is the shadow when the narrator comes to visit him at the beginning of Chapter 32?
(a) Under the tree.
(b) In the lean-to.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the Watchtower.
13. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
(a) The Autumn.
(b) The Winter.
14. What kind of power is the Town apparently running on?
(b) Atomic energy.
(c) Wind energy.
(d) Water energy.
15. Why don't the Librarian and the narrator talk on the way to the Power Station?
(a) They have run out of things to say to each other.
(b) The Librarian is still angry that they narrator decided to go against her will.
(c) They are worried someone will hear them.
(d) There's no need to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which song does the narrator finally begin to play on the accordion?
2. What happens to the narrator as he passes by the INKlings' lair?
3. What does the narrator tell the librarian about himself when she says she wants to know more about him?
4. What does the Professor use the paperclips for?
5. What does the librarian notice about the narrator's statements during dinner?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)