|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the chubby girl say she wants to go with the narrator when the reach the subway at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) To a ball game.
(b) To his place.
(c) To Disneyland.
(d) To Finland.
2. Which song does the narrator finally begin to play on the accordion?
(a) Danny Boy.
(b) The Star Spangled Banner.
(c) Blowin' in the Wind.
(d) Georgia on My Mind.
3. Where does the narrator take the librarian on his last morning?
(a) To the pier.
(b) To a French patisserie.
(c) To a ballgame.
(d) To the park.
4. Why don't the Librarian and the narrator talk on the way to the Power Station?
(a) There's no need to talk.
(b) They have run out of things to say to each other.
(c) The Librarian is still angry that they narrator decided to go against her will.
(d) They are worried someone will hear them.
5. Who does the narrator call on the telephone at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) His mother.
(b) The chubby girl.
(c) The System.
(d) The Professor.
6. What does the Librarian compare the warmth of the narrator's hand to?
(a) A fire.
(b) The Spring.
(c) The sun.
(d) The Summer.
7. What does the narrator compare his world to while climbing through the escape route in Chapter 29?
(a) A blue tweed suit.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A credit card.
(d) Gaien Park.
8. What does the narrator compare his memory of visiting the Power Station to?
(a) A fog.
(b) A dream.
(c) A joke.
(d) A ghost.
9. What does the shadow call the process of removing the discharges of mind that rise each day?
(a) Skimming off.
(c) Filtering out.
10. What does the narrator immediately notice when he returns to his apartment?
(a) The walls have been vandalized.
(b) The apartment has been cleaned up.
(c) The television is gone.
(d) The apartment is in worse shape than when he left.
11. What does the narrator think people want to extend to everything?
12. What is the last thing the shadow tells the narrator?
(a) "I'll come back for you."
(b) "I loved you."
(c) "I'm disappointed in you."
(d) "I won't forget you."
13. What does the narrator do with the skull at the end of Chapter 37?
(a) He gives it to the librarian as a gift.
(b) He disposes of it.
(c) He sends it to the chubby girl.
(d) He leaves it at the subway station.
14. What does the narrator first notice about the musical instruments?
(a) They bear traces of their previous owners.
(b) They are in good repair.
(c) He knows how to play them all.
(d) They are old.
15. Who does the Caretaker say comes to visit until the beginning of autumn?
(a) The Gatekeeper.
(b) The Woodspeople.
(c) The beasts.
(d) The Townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Librarian compare looking for her mind to?
2. At the end of the book, why does the narrator say he has to stay?
3. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
4. What kind of power is the Town apparently running on?
5. What happens to the narrator as he passes by the INKlings' lair?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)