|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator tell his shadow the Wall is really there to hold in?
(a) The Townspeople.
(c) The beasts.
(d) The Librarian.
2. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
3. Who does the Caretaker say comes to visit until the beginning of autumn?
(a) The Woodspeople.
(b) The beasts.
(c) The Townspeople.
(d) The Gatekeeper.
4. What's the weather like when the Librarian and the narrator set out for the Power Station?
5. Why does the shadow say the narrator can't take the Librarian to the Woods?
(a) She is conflicted.
(b) The Gatekeeper would never allow it.
(c) She is afraid of the Woods.
(d) She has no mind.
6. What bodily function does the narrator find himself pondering in the escape route from the underground?
7. Which song does the narrator finally begin to play on the accordion?
(a) Blowin' in the Wind.
(b) Danny Boy.
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) Georgia on My Mind.
8. What does the narrator immediately notice when he returns to his apartment?
(a) The television is gone.
(b) The apartment is in worse shape than when he left.
(c) The apartment has been cleaned up.
(d) The walls have been vandalized.
9. What does the narrator tell the librarian about himself when she says she wants to know more about him?
(a) He likes the rainfall.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was born by the sea.
(d) He likes to collect things.
10. What escape does the Professor offer for the dilemma the narrator is faced with?
(a) If he dies now, all three of his circuits will die with him.
(b) If the System finds out about the research, they will abort the program.
(c) If he can unshuffle the data, the program will end automatically.
(d) If the Factory gets the data, the program will end automatically.
11. What does the Professor use the paperclips for?
(a) To leave a trail.
(b) To occupy his hands.
(c) To keep his aura magnetized.
(d) To keep away the INKlings.
12. Where does the narrator think it might not be bad to end his life?
(a) In Frankfurt.
(b) In London.
(c) In Zurich.
(d) In New York.
13. What does the narrator compare his world to while climbing through the escape route in Chapter 29?
(a) A credit card.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) A blue tweed suit.
(d) Gaien Park.
14. What is the last thing the shadow tells the narrator?
(a) "I'm disappointed in you."
(b) "I'll come back for you."
(c) "I loved you."
(d) "I won't forget you."
15. Which of the following does the Colonel NOT give as a possible reason for his work as a soldier?
(a) A sense of justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Librarian can never do since she has no mind?
2. What compliment does the narrator make the librarian?
3. Which of the following do the narrator and the librarian NOT have as dessert at the restaurant?
4. How long does the narrator say it will take him to read out the Librarian's mind?
5. What does the narrator buy while waiting for the clothes to dry?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)