|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the smoke that can be seen every day in the Town?
2. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The town square.
(b) The clock tower.
(c) The town park.
(d) The promenade.
3. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
(a) He can turn back time to before the time of the wound.
(b) He can cancel the awareness of pain.
(c) He can close the wound.
(d) He can stop the bleeding.
4. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A flame.
(c) A blade.
(d) A laser.
5. What does the narrator say he uses his car for in Chapter 7?
(b) Long drives.
(c) Short outings.
6. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Worker's Quarter.
(b) The Apple Grove.
(c) The Eastern Woods.
(d) The Southern Hill.
7. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
(a) Diving technology.
(b) The mammalian palate.
(c) Comparing skeletons.
(d) Scent technology.
8. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
(a) It helps scare off the INKlings.
(b) It was her mother's favorite color.
(c) It's her favorite color.
(d) Her grandfather thinks she looks pretty in pink.
9. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
(a) The program was supposed to detonate.
(b) The data was supposed to reshuffle itself.
(c) The world was supposed to end.
(d) The program was supposed to be cancelled.
10. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Spring Torrents.
(b) The Red and the Black.
11. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
(a) It reminds her of painful memories.
(b) She enjoys its calmness.
(c) She is afraid of it.
(d) It reminds her of better days.
12. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) On the sideboard.
(b) In the closet.
(c) On top of the TV.
(d) Above the fireplace.
13. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are left outside the Wall.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They are thrown into the Pool.
(d) They are burned.
14. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
(a) They will get sucked into the undertow.
(b) The water is poisonous.
(c) She can't swim.
(d) The water is INKling-infested.
15. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) All of the mammalian skulls.
(b) The narrator's personal file.
(c) The process for shuffling.
(d) All of the research samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
2. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
3. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
4. What does the narrator believe after he's slammed into the rock slab at the beginning of Chapter 23?
5. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)