|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
(a) A train track.
(b) A honeycomb.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A minefield.
2. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(c) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(d) She is married.
3. How does the narrator pass the sunny days?
(a) Talking walks in the Woods.
(b) Playing chess with the Colonel.
(c) Reading in the Library.
(d) Face down in bed.
4. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A camphor tree.
(c) A cypress tree.
(d) An ash tree.
5. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
(a) A sound-cue pattern.
(b) A spoken-word pattern.
(c) A program-reversal pattern.
(d) An eye-shifting pattern.
6. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) All of the mammalian skulls.
(b) The process for shuffling.
(c) All of the research samples.
(d) The narrator's personal file.
7. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A beast.
(b) The winter.
(c) The sun.
(d) A skull.
8. What color is the smoke that can be seen every day in the Town?
9. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A blade.
(c) A laser.
(d) A flame.
10. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
(a) Her grandfather thinks she looks pretty in pink.
(b) It helps scare off the INKlings.
(c) It's her favorite color.
(d) It was her mother's favorite color.
11. Where does the Librarian live?
(a) In the Worker's Quarter.
(b) In the Industrial Quarter.
(c) Beside the Old Bridge.
(d) Beside the Clock Tower.
12. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
13. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
(a) The skull.
(b) The safe.
(c) The notebook.
(d) The data.
14. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) On foot.
(b) On the subway.
(c) On a bus.
(d) In a taxi.
15. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are left outside the Wall.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They are thrown into the Pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
3. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
4. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
5. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)