|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
(b) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(c) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(d) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) It will escape.
(b) It will die.
(c) It will live its own life.
(d) It will forget him.
3. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) Above the fireplace.
(b) In the closet.
(c) On the sideboard.
(d) On top of the TV.
5. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Something to drink.
(c) A telephone.
(d) An INKling repellant device.
6. Where does the Librarian live?
(a) Beside the Old Bridge.
(b) Beside the Clock Tower.
(c) In the Industrial Quarter.
(d) In the Worker's Quarter.
7. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) In the Collection Room.
(b) In the Storeroom.
(c) At the Train Station.
(d) In the Goods Depot.
8. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His voice.
9. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are thrown into the Pool.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They are burned.
(d) They are left outside the Wall.
10. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
(a) A rope.
(b) A stash of paperclips.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A message from the Professor.
11. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) Her heartbeat.
(b) People talking in the hall outside.
(c) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(d) Her food digesting.
12. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is not alone.
(b) Nothing is her fault.
(c) She is the best friend he's got.
(d) Her mother must have missed her.
13. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) The world is going to be destroyed.
(b) The world is going to end.
(c) The world is going to be obliterated.
(d) The world is going to be terminated.
14. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) An ash tree.
(d) A camphor tree.
15. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
(a) The layout of the Town.
(b) A big surprise.
(c) A winter treat.
(d) His shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
2. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
3. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
4. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
5. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)