|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) Something to drink.
(b) An INKling repellant device.
(c) A telephone.
2. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
(a) Their fins flapping.
(b) Their jaws snapping.
(c) Their lips smacking.
(d) Their tails wagging.
3. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) An INKling.
(c) A horse.
(d) A unicorn.
4. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A soldier.
5. What does the Gatekeeper tell the narrator about the Power Station?
(a) He might find a musical instrument there.
(b) The Power Station no longer works.
(c) The Power Station is extremely dangerous.
(d) The Caretaker of the Power Station won't see Townspeople.
6. What does the narrator's shadow come to the storeroom to get as an excuse to see the narrator in Chapter 10?
(b) A wrench.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A saw.
7. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
(a) Her bracelets.
(b) Her shirt.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her earrings.
8. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) There will be no answers today.
(b) The questions are annoying.
(c) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
(d) The narrator asks too many questions.
9. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) He doesn't know if it was good to visit his shadow.
(b) He is worried about his shadow.
(c) His shadow seems weak.
(d) He has decided to give up on his shadow.
10. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
(b) The librarian.
(c) The Professor.
(d) The girl in pink.
11. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(b) They slice his abdomen.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They gouge his eyes.
12. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
(a) An apple.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A peach.
(d) A lemon.
13. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
(a) A laser.
(b) A flame.
(c) A blade.
(d) A pencil.
14. What color is the smoke that can be seen every day in the Town?
15. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) A camphor tree.
(d) An ash tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
2. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
3. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does the Gatekeeper say about the stash of old clothes?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)