|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
2. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) All of the mammalian skulls.
(b) The process for shuffling.
(c) The narrator's personal file.
(d) All of the research samples.
3. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
(a) A program-reversal pattern.
(b) A spoken-word pattern.
(c) A sound-cue pattern.
(d) An eye-shifting pattern.
4. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
5. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A stash of paperclips.
(c) A message from the Professor.
(d) A rope.
6. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
(a) A sofa.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A skull.
7. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Caluctecs.
(b) The Factory.
(c) The INKlings.
(d) The Semiotecs.
8. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A sliver of wood.
(d) A nail.
9. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(a) A bandage.
(c) A blanket.
10. What does the Gatekeeper tell the narrator about the Power Station?
(a) The Power Station no longer works.
(b) The Caretaker of the Power Station won't see Townspeople.
(c) The Power Station is extremely dangerous.
(d) He might find a musical instrument there.
11. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(d) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
12. Where does the narrator's shadow sleep?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) Beneath the Watchtower.
(c) In a room in the barracks.
(d) In a lean-to.
13. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(d) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
14. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) The winter.
(b) A beast.
(c) A skull.
(d) The sun.
15. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Eastern Woods.
(b) The Worker's Quarter.
(c) The Southern Hill.
(d) The Apple Grove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
2. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
3. What does the narrator say he uses his car for in Chapter 7?
4. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
5. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)