|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
(a) In the South.
(b) In the East.
(c) In the North.
(d) In the West.
2. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An ash tree.
(b) A camphor tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A cypress tree.
3. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(b) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
(c) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(d) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
4. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
(a) A bear.
(b) A unicorn.
(c) An INKling.
(d) A horse.
5. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
(a) A minefield.
(b) A train track.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A honeycomb.
6. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
(a) A peach.
(b) A lemon.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) An apple.
7. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are left outside the Wall.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They are thrown into the Pool.
(d) They are burned.
8. What does the narrator suggest be built for the beasts?
(a) A roofed enclosure.
(b) A larger feeding trough.
(c) A barn.
(d) An outlet to the River.
9. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) The winter.
(b) The sun.
(c) A skull.
(d) A beast.
10. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
(a) He deleted them.
(b) He made them into visualized stories.
(c) He shuffled them.
(d) He exchanged them with new information.
11. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
12. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) The narrator asks too many questions.
(b) There will be no answers today.
(c) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
(d) The questions are annoying.
13. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He isn't moving.
(b) He is going down.
(c) He is going up.
(d) He isn't sure.
14. What does the Professor say will happen in regards to the narrator's three cognitive circuits?
(a) The narrator will end up stuck in circuit three with no hope of return.
(b) The program the Professor wrote will kill the second circuit.
(c) The first two circuits are going to burn out.
(d) The circuits have arranged themselves in a never-ending loop.
15. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
2. What kind of watch is Junior wearing?
3. What does the narrator say he uses his car for in Chapter 7?
4. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
5. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)