|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Under the river.
(b) Beyond the waterfall.
(c) In the tree.
(d) Over the rainbow.
2. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
(a) He can close the wound.
(b) He can turn back time to before the time of the wound.
(c) He can stop the bleeding.
(d) He can cancel the awareness of pain.
3. What does the Gatekeeper tell the narrator about the Power Station?
(a) The Caretaker of the Power Station won't see Townspeople.
(b) The Power Station no longer works.
(c) He might find a musical instrument there.
(d) The Power Station is extremely dangerous.
4. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Chinese take-out.
5. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
(a) She is afraid of it.
(b) It reminds her of better days.
(c) It reminds her of painful memories.
(d) She enjoys its calmness.
6. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
(a) A painful occurrence.
(b) A traumatic experience.
(c) A relief.
(d) Their salvation.
7. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His voice.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His eyesight.
(d) His shadow.
8. Why does the shadow say he needed the map sooner?
(a) He will be too weak to carry out his plan for escape.
(b) He can't get over the Wall during the winter.
(c) The Gatekeeper has become suspicious of him.
(d) He is losing his desire to escape.
9. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
(a) Old army barracks.
(b) An abandoned mill.
(c) The Western Woods.
(d) A crack in the wall.
10. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
(b) There will be no answers today.
(c) The narrator asks too many questions.
(d) The questions are annoying.
11. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is going up.
(b) He is going down.
(c) He isn't moving.
(d) He isn't sure.
12. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
(a) The data.
(b) The skull.
(c) The safe.
(d) The notebook.
13. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(b) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(c) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
(d) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
14. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
(a) He feels inadequate.
(b) He thinks it's foolish.
(c) He thinks it's too important a job to be left to him.
(d) He thinks he's too good for the job.
15. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
(a) It makes him less restless.
(b) The world was supposed to end.
(c) It helps him concentrate.
(d) It makes him feel brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
2. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
3. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)