|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
(a) Her bracelets.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) Her shirt.
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) He will become more and more angry.
(b) He will understand soon.
(c) He will forget.
(d) He will realize that it's for the best.
3. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) In the tree.
(b) Under the river.
(c) Over the rainbow.
(d) Beyond the waterfall.
4. What color is the smoke that can be seen every day in the Town?
5. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
(b) There will be no answers today.
(c) The narrator asks too many questions.
(d) The questions are annoying.
6. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His eyesight.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His voice.
7. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
(a) The program was supposed to detonate.
(b) The program was supposed to be cancelled.
(c) The data was supposed to reshuffle itself.
(d) The world was supposed to end.
8. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
(a) He can turn back time to before the time of the wound.
(b) He can close the wound.
(c) He can cancel the awareness of pain.
(d) He can stop the bleeding.
9. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The town square.
(b) The town park.
(c) The clock tower.
(d) The promenade.
10. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(b) The blowing of the horn.
(c) The approach of dinnertime.
(d) The opening of the Gate.
11. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
(b) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(c) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(d) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
12. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A criminal.
13. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
(a) An axe.
(b) A sliver of wood.
(c) A nail.
(d) A shovel.
14. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather claims will happen if the narrator doesn't get up at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) The world is going to be destroyed.
(b) The world is going to be obliterated.
(c) The world is going to be terminated.
(d) The world is going to end.
15. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) He has decided to give up on his shadow.
(b) He doesn't know if it was good to visit his shadow.
(c) He is worried about his shadow.
(d) His shadow seems weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
2. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
3. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
4. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
5. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)