|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) In the Storeroom.
(b) At the Train Station.
(c) In the Goods Depot.
(d) In the Collection Room.
2. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) Above the fireplace.
(b) On the sideboard.
(c) On top of the TV.
(d) In the closet.
3. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is married.
(b) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
4. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
(a) A rope.
(b) A message from the Professor.
(c) A secret cave.
(d) A stash of paperclips.
5. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
(a) He doesn't mind the bureaucracy.
(b) The pay is so good.
(c) He can't imagine doing anything else.
(d) He feels called to do his job.
6. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
(a) There will be no answers today.
(b) The narrator asks too many questions.
(c) The questions are annoying.
(d) Soon he will no longer feel the need to ask.
7. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bandage.
8. What does the Gatekeeper say about the stash of old clothes?
(a) The clothes are off-limits.
(b) The old clothes are being saved for a special occasion.
(c) The narrator can have whatever he wants.
(d) The previous owners wouldn't want anyone using the old clothes.
9. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A pair of sunglasses.
(b) A tie.
(c) A gas mask.
(d) A rubber suit and goggles.
10. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
(a) The safe.
(b) The notebook.
(c) The skull.
(d) The data.
11. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
(a) It was her mother's favorite color.
(b) Her grandfather thinks she looks pretty in pink.
(c) It's her favorite color.
(d) It helps scare off the INKlings.
12. What does the narrator suggest be built for the beasts?
(a) An outlet to the River.
(b) A larger feeding trough.
(c) A roofed enclosure.
(d) A barn.
13. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shadow.
(c) His voice.
(d) His eyesight.
14. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
15. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An ash tree.
(b) An olive tree.
(c) A cypress tree.
(d) A camphor tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Librarian live?
2. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
3. What does the Professor say he did to the core consciousness of his test subjects?
4. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
5. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)