|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Semiotecs.
(b) The Factory.
(c) The INKlings.
(d) The Caluctecs.
2. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) His own sex drive.
(b) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
(c) The old man's sex drive.
(d) The INKlings' sex drive.
3. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are left outside the Wall.
(b) They are thrown into the Pool.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They are burned.
4. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Nothing is her fault.
(b) She is not alone.
(c) Her mother must have missed her.
(d) She is the best friend he's got.
5. What does the narrator believe after he's slammed into the rock slab at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) He is dead.
(c) The girl misled him on purpose.
(d) He will never get out of the underground.
6. Why does the narrator say, following the chubby girl's line of thinking, that the two of them will have to help her grandfather?
(a) Because they are the only friends he has.
(b) Because if they don't, the Factory will get the data.
(c) Because if they don't, they will end up feeling guilty.
(d) Because all three of them are good people.
7. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
(a) They will get sucked into the undertow.
(b) She can't swim.
(c) The water is INKling-infested.
(d) The water is poisonous.
8. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They gouge his eyes.
(b) They castrate him.
(c) They slice his abdomen.
(d) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
9. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The Professor.
(c) The girl in pink.
10. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
11. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
(a) Scent technology.
(b) Diving technology.
(c) The mammalian palate.
(d) Comparing skeletons.
12. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A skull.
13. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
14. What does the narrator find himself longing for underground?
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) The morning newspaper.
15. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The buttons on the elevator control panel.
(b) The coins in his pocket.
(c) The notes in the song he's whistling.
(d) The holes in the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
2. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
3. Where does the Librarian live?
4. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
5. What does the Gatekeeper tell the narrator about the Power Station?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)