|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator's shadow sleep?
(a) In a lean-to.
(b) In a room in the barracks.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) Beneath the Watchtower.
2. What does the Colonel give the narrator as winter approaches in Chapter 14?
(a) A winter hat.
(b) A winter coat.
(c) Winter boots.
(d) Winter gloves.
3. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
4. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
(a) Their jaws snapping.
(b) Their tails wagging.
(c) Their fins flapping.
(d) Their lips smacking.
5. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shadow.
6. What color is the smoke that can be seen every day in the Town?
7. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
(a) The world was supposed to end.
(b) It makes him less restless.
(c) It makes him feel brave.
(d) It helps him concentrate.
8. Where does the Librarian live?
(a) Beside the Clock Tower.
(b) In the Worker's Quarter.
(c) Beside the Old Bridge.
(d) In the Industrial Quarter.
9. What kind of watch is Junior wearing?
(a) A Rolex.
(b) A Swatch.
(c) An Omega.
(d) A Breitling.
10. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
(a) In the North.
(b) In the South.
(c) In the East.
(d) In the West.
11. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Beyond the waterfall.
(b) Under the river.
(c) In the tree.
(d) Over the rainbow.
12. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) On a bus.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) On the subway.
(d) On foot.
13. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A skull.
(b) A beast.
(c) The sun.
(d) The winter.
14. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
(a) She can't swim.
(b) The water is poisonous.
(c) The water is INKling-infested.
(d) They will get sucked into the undertow.
15. What does the narrator say may be the signal to put physical pain out of mind?
(a) Ben Johnson.
(b) Pretty girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
2. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
3. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
4. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)