|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel give the narrator to help nurse him back to health?
(c) A bandage.
(d) A blanket.
2. What creatures do the girl and the narrator meet underground?
3. How does the Professor explain the narrator's memory of the dam and the king's coronation?
(a) It was a real memory coming back from his core consciousness.
(b) It was an artificial memory the narrator made up.
(c) It was the shadow of a memory from before the shuffle.
(d) It was an artificial memory the Professor made up.
4. What does the narrator wish he could be, in thinking about the girl in the Skyline?
5. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
(a) The Indian variety.
(b) The Greek variety.
(c) The Russian variety.
(d) The Chinese variety.
6. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Apple Grove.
(b) The Eastern Woods.
(c) The Southern Hill.
(d) The Worker's Quarter.
7. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) He will understand soon.
(b) He will become more and more angry.
(c) He will realize that it's for the best.
(d) He will forget.
8. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is going down.
(b) He isn't moving.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) He is going up.
9. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
(a) It reminds her of painful memories.
(b) It reminds her of better days.
(c) She enjoys its calmness.
(d) She is afraid of it.
10. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) In the Woods.
(b) At the Gate.
(c) In the Library.
(d) Near the Pool.
11. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Under the river.
(b) In the tree.
(c) Over the rainbow.
(d) Beyond the waterfall.
12. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
(a) The girl in pink.
(c) The Professor.
(d) The librarian.
13. How does the narrator pass the sunny days?
(a) Talking walks in the Woods.
(b) Playing chess with the Colonel.
(c) Reading in the Library.
(d) Face down in bed.
14. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(b) The approach of dinnertime.
(c) The opening of the Gate.
(d) The blowing of the horn.
15. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
(a) She talks a lot.
(b) She is loud.
(c) She doesn't smell good.
(d) She is chubby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
2. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
3. What does the narrator suggest be built for the beasts?
4. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
5. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)