|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is the best friend he's got.
(b) Nothing is her fault.
(c) Her mother must have missed her.
(d) She is not alone.
2. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A soldier.
3. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(d) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
4. What does the Librarian serve at the end of each session?
5. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) At the Gate.
(b) In the Woods.
(c) Near the Pool.
(d) In the Library.
6. What does the Gatekeeper say about the stash of old clothes?
(a) The old clothes are being saved for a special occasion.
(b) The clothes are off-limits.
(c) The narrator can have whatever he wants.
(d) The previous owners wouldn't want anyone using the old clothes.
7. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) It will escape.
(b) It will die.
(c) It will forget him.
(d) It will live its own life.
8. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
(a) Her bracelets.
(b) Her earrings.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her shirt.
9. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
10. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
(a) The Chinese variety.
(b) The Russian variety.
(c) The Indian variety.
(d) The Greek variety.
11. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
(a) A winter treat.
(b) A big surprise.
(c) The layout of the Town.
(d) His shadow.
12. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
(a) Chinese take-out.
(b) A kiss.
(c) Ice cream.
13. What is it about the poster of Frankfurt at the supermarket that makes the narrator uneasy?
(a) He gets chills when he sees tall, sharp spires.
(b) He doesn't like the people's not-watching-anything gaze.
(c) He is afraid of Germans.
(d) It looks cold.
14. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
(a) A painful occurrence.
(b) A traumatic experience.
(c) A relief.
(d) Their salvation.
15. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(b) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(c) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
(d) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator suggest be built for the beasts?
2. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
3. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
4. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)