|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(d) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
2. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) In the Collection Room.
(b) In the Storeroom.
(c) At the Train Station.
(d) In the Goods Depot.
3. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) The process for shuffling.
(b) The narrator's personal file.
(c) All of the mammalian skulls.
(d) All of the research samples.
4. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
(a) In Stalingrad.
(b) In Leningrad.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the Ukraine.
5. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A sliver of wood.
(c) A nail.
(d) An axe.
6. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The blowing of the horn.
(b) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(c) The opening of the Gate.
(d) The approach of dinnertime.
7. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
(a) A winter treat.
(b) His shadow.
(c) The layout of the Town.
(d) A big surprise.
8. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
(b) The old man's sex drive.
(c) The INKlings' sex drive.
(d) His own sex drive.
9. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Beyond the waterfall.
(b) In the tree.
(c) Under the river.
(d) Over the rainbow.
10. What does the narrator make of the librarian's appetite at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He doesn't understand why women always seem to be on a diet.
(b) He isn't surprised, given her frame.
(c) He is worried she doesn't spend enough money on food.
(d) He thinks it's a little disgusting.
11. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) An olive tree.
(b) An ash tree.
(c) A camphor tree.
(d) A cypress tree.
12. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They gouge his eyes.
(b) They slice his abdomen.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
13. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
(a) She doesn't smell good.
(b) She talks a lot.
(c) She is loud.
(d) She is chubby.
14. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
15. What is the first thing the Professor asks for on seeing his granddaughter and the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 25?
(a) A telephone.
(c) An INKling repellant device.
(d) Something to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
2. What does the Gatekeeper tell the narrator about the Power Station?
3. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
4. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
5. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)