|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
(a) The Professor.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The girl in pink.
2. Where does the narrator say the smoke comes from?
(a) The Southern Hill.
(b) The Eastern Woods.
(c) The Worker's Quarter.
(d) The Apple Grove.
3. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
(a) A lemon.
(b) An apple.
(c) A peach.
(d) A watermelon.
4. What does the narrator find himself longing for underground?
(a) A girlfriend.
(c) The morning newspaper.
(d) A cup of coffee.
5. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is the best friend he's got.
(b) She is not alone.
(c) Nothing is her fault.
(d) Her mother must have missed her.
6. What group does the narrator belong to in Chapter 3?
(a) The Caluctecs.
(b) The INKlings.
(c) The Factory.
(d) The Semiotecs.
7. What kind of tree did the girl see outside her window while in the hospital?
(a) A camphor tree.
(b) An ash tree.
(c) An olive tree.
(d) A cypress tree.
8. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The opening of the Gate.
(b) The approach of dinnertime.
(c) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(d) The blowing of the horn.
9. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(b) They gouge his eyes.
(c) They slice his abdomen.
(d) They castrate him.
10. What is it about the poster of Frankfurt at the supermarket that makes the narrator uneasy?
(a) He doesn't like the people's not-watching-anything gaze.
(b) He is afraid of Germans.
(c) It looks cold.
(d) He gets chills when he sees tall, sharp spires.
11. What does the Colonel say dying might be for the beasts?
(a) A traumatic experience.
(b) A painful occurrence.
(c) Their salvation.
(d) A relief.
12. What happens to the dead beasts?
(a) They are burned.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They are thrown into the Pool.
(d) They are left outside the Wall.
13. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) In the closet.
(b) On the sideboard.
(c) Above the fireplace.
(d) On top of the TV.
14. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) Her food digesting.
(b) Her heartbeat.
(c) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(d) People talking in the hall outside.
15. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The holes in the ceiling.
(b) The coins in his pocket.
(c) The notes in the song he's whistling.
(d) The buttons on the elevator control panel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
2. What does the Gatekeeper say the narrator will see if he climbs the Watchtower?
3. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
4. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
5. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)