|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator put the skull he's received from the old man?
(a) Above the fireplace.
(b) On the sideboard.
(c) On top of the TV.
(d) In the closet.
2. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The promenade.
(b) The town park.
(c) The clock tower.
(d) The town square.
3. What is the old man working on in Chapter 3?
(a) The mammalian palate.
(b) Comparing skeletons.
(c) Diving technology.
(d) Scent technology.
4. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) On a bus.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a taxi.
(d) On the subway.
5. What does the librarian notice about the narrator's statements during dinner?
(a) They're often arrogant.
(b) They're often edgy.
(c) They're often unimaginative.
(d) They're often uncertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do when he arrives at the Library in Chapter 34?
2. Where does the shadow tell the narrator they're going?
3. What bodily function does the narrator find himself pondering in the escape route from the underground?
4. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
5. What does the narrator's shadow come to the storeroom to get as an excuse to see the narrator in Chapter 10?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)