|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
(a) A train track.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A minefield.
(d) A honeycomb.
2. Who does the narrator call on the telephone at the beginning of Chapter 37?
(a) The System.
(b) The Professor.
(c) His mother.
(d) The chubby girl.
3. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) In the Library.
(b) Near the Pool.
(c) At the Gate.
(d) In the Woods.
4. What does the narrator notice about the girl in the car in front of them while on their way back to the Professor's lab?
(a) Her bracelets.
(b) Her shirt.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) Her shoes.
5. How does the narrator pass the sunny days?
(a) Face down in bed.
(b) Talking walks in the Woods.
(c) Playing chess with the Colonel.
(d) Reading in the Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
2. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
3. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
4. What do the girl and the narrator find half-way up the tower?
5. Where does the narrator think it might not be bad to end his life?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)