|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
(a) A knife.
(b) A sofa.
(c) A skull.
(d) A sandwich.
2. What do the girl and the narrator appear to be walking on after the rock slab?
(a) A train track.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A minefield.
(d) A honeycomb.
3. How does the Colonel say the Town feels about the passing of a shadow?
(a) It is wonderful to be freed of the weight.
(b) They don't talk about it.
(c) They are relieved that the shadow is finally gone.
(d) It is a solemn event.
4. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
5. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
(c) The Winter.
(d) The Autumn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
2. What odd gift does the narrator give the librarian at the restaurant in Chapter 35?
3. What does the chubby girl begin reading in the narrator's apartment?
4. How long does the Professor say the provisions will keep him alive?
5. What happens to the skulls when the narrator begins to play the music?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)