|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's shadow say he can't do?
(a) He can't walk.
(b) He can't talk.
(c) He can't breathe.
(d) He can't leave.
2. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(c) She is married.
(d) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
3. How does the narrator finally realize that his musical instrument is an accordion?
(a) He remembers his mother saying so.
(b) He hears a voice tell him the name.
(c) He wipes the dust off the lettering on the instrument.
(d) The Colonel unwillingly tells him.
4. What does the narrator first notice about the musical instruments?
(a) They are in good repair.
(b) He knows how to play them all.
(c) They are old.
(d) They bear traces of their previous owners.
5. How many men does the narrator first see when he looks out the window to where the men are digging the hole?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the narrator and the librarian NOT have as dessert at the restaurant?
2. What are all the songs on the radio related to the morning the narrator spends at the librarian's house?
3. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
4. Who does the narrator call on the telephone at the beginning of Chapter 37?
5. What do Junior and Big Boy drink while visiting the narrator?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)