|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
(a) It reminds her of painful memories.
(b) She is afraid of it.
(c) It reminds her of better days.
(d) She enjoys its calmness.
2. Which song does the narrator finally begin to play on the accordion?
(a) Danny Boy.
(b) Blowin' in the Wind.
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) Georgia on My Mind.
3. What kind of power is the Town apparently running on?
(a) Atomic energy.
(b) Wind energy.
(c) Water energy.
4. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(b) They gouge his eyes.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They slice his abdomen.
5. Why does the Librarian say the Dreamreader can't free her mind?
(a) Minds are not taken in whole by the beasts, but in fragments.
(b) Her mind was lost too long ago.
(c) Minds can never be freed again.
(d) It is too dangerous an undertaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which landmark does the narrator describe in detail at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does the narrator say may be the signal to put physical pain out of mind?
3. Why does the narrator rent the car?
4. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
5. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)