|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he drinks so much?
(a) It helps him concentrate.
(b) It makes him less restless.
(c) It makes him feel brave.
(d) The world was supposed to end.
2. Where do the narrator and the Librarian look for a musical instrument?
(a) In the Goods Depot.
(b) At the Train Station.
(c) In the Storeroom.
(d) In the Collection Room.
3. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
(a) In Leningrad.
(b) In the Ukraine.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In Stalingrad.
4. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
(a) A laser.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A blade.
(d) A flame.
5. What does the narrator buy while in the park?
(b) A balloon.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gatekeeper say about the stash of old clothes?
2. What do Junior and Big Boy tell the narrator to tell the System they were looking for?
3. What does the narrator eat with his beer at the beer hall after buying his new clothes?
4. What does the subway attendant claim is a waste of money while discussing the lost tickets with the narrator?
5. What has happened to the hole the men dug outside the narrator's window?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)