|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, Popcorn, Lord Jim, Extinction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
(a) The program was supposed to be cancelled.
(b) The program was supposed to detonate.
(c) The world was supposed to end.
(d) The data was supposed to reshuffle itself.
2. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the Ukraine.
(c) In Stalingrad.
(d) In Leningrad.
3. How does the shadow know the Town has an exit?
(a) The Gatekeeper told him.
(b) From the map.
(c) He found it.
4. How does the Professor explain the fact that the narrator was the only test subject that didn't die.
(a) He was the only one who dealt with his elephant factory consciously.
(b) He was the only Calcutec independent enough from the System.
(c) He seemed to be dividing his time between two identities in the first place.
(d) He was the only one whose emotional powers were strong enough.
5. How many people are at the laundromat when the narrator arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Librarian compare looking for her mind to?
2. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
3. What does the narrator tell the Gatekeeper about his shadow at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What compliment does the narrator make the librarian?
5. Why doesn't the Librarian want the narrator to go to the Power Station?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)