|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Hole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator think about the job he's doing as a dream reader?
(a) He thinks it's too important a job to be left to him.
(b) He thinks it's foolish.
(c) He thinks he's too good for the job.
(d) He feels inadequate.
2. What event makes the beasts all stop what they are doing and move simultaneously in one direction in Chapter 2?
(a) The call of the Gatekeeper.
(b) The blowing of the horn.
(c) The opening of the Gate.
(d) The approach of dinnertime.
3. Who does the Caretaker say comes to visit until the beginning of autumn?
(a) The Townspeople.
(b) The Woodspeople.
(c) The Gatekeeper.
(d) The beasts.
4. What escape does the Professor offer for the dilemma the narrator is faced with?
(a) If he can unshuffle the data, the program will end automatically.
(b) If the Factory gets the data, the program will end automatically.
(c) If he dies now, all three of his circuits will die with him.
(d) If the System finds out about the research, they will abort the program.
5. What does the narrator realize he'll continue to produce at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(b) New realities.
(c) Escape routes.
(d) New circuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
2. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
3. What does the Gatekeeper say about the narrator's questions?
4. What bodily function does the narrator find himself pondering in the escape route from the underground?
5. What does the narrator realize has hurt him when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 16?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)