|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Hole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(b) Her food digesting.
(c) People talking in the hall outside.
(d) Her heartbeat.
2. What effect does the whiskey have on the narrator in Chapter 27?
(a) It makes him woozy.
(b) It makes him laugh.
(c) It doesn't register.
(d) It makes him cry.
3. Which of the following does the Colonel NOT give as a possible reason for his work as a soldier?
(d) A sense of justice.
4. Why does the chubby girl say she wears pink?
(a) It's her favorite color.
(b) Her grandfather thinks she looks pretty in pink.
(c) It was her mother's favorite color.
(d) It helps scare off the INKlings.
5. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A kiss.
(d) Chinese take-out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
3. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
4. What is the second book the narrator reads towards the end of Chapter 15?
5. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)