|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Hole.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare his memory of visiting the Power Station to?
(a) A dream.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A fog.
(d) A joke.
2. In what way does the Professor say the mind is like Alice in Wonderland?
(a) You never know who you're going to meet.
(b) You need a special drug to get you in.
(c) You can only get in by going through a narrow hole.
(d) Everything is topsy-turvy.
3. What did the Professor take with him when he left the System?
(a) The narrator's personal file.
(b) All of the mammalian skulls.
(c) All of the research samples.
(d) The process for shuffling.
4. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is going down.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) He isn't moving.
(d) He is going up.
5. What do Junior and Big Boy do to the narrator, saying they have no choice?
(a) They shave off his hair and cut his scalp.
(b) They gouge his eyes.
(c) They castrate him.
(d) They slice his abdomen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of power is the Town apparently running on?
2. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
3. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
4. Why does the girl say they can't swim to the top of the tower?
5. What does the Librarian ask the Caretaker in the Power Station chapter?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)