|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Holes, Leeches, Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic of conversation makes the narrator uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
(a) His own sex drive.
(b) The INKlings' sex drive.
(c) The old man's sex drive.
(d) The old man's granddaughter's sex drive.
2. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(b) Her heartbeat.
(c) People talking in the hall outside.
(d) Her food digesting.
3. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
(b) A kiss.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Chinese take-out.
4. When the chubby girl and the narrator reach the lab, what does the chubby girl realize?
(a) The INKlings took everything.
(b) It was the System that broken in to.
(c) It was the Factory that broken in to.
(d) The lab wasn't broken into.
5. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His voice.
(d) His shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
2. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
3. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
4. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
5. What does the chubby girl say her grandfather can do for the narrator in regards to his wound?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)