|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Holes, Leeches, Tower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
(a) A program-reversal pattern.
(b) A spoken-word pattern.
(c) A sound-cue pattern.
(d) An eye-shifting pattern.
2. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A tie.
(b) A pair of sunglasses.
(c) A rubber suit and goggles.
(d) A gas mask.
3. Why does the Colonel say the narrator's love for the Librarian may not be prudent?
(a) Without mind, she cannot return his feelings.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She does not care about him; she only helps him because she has to.
(d) She is married.
4. What does the narrator tell the librarian to comfort her at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) She is the best friend he's got.
(b) She is not alone.
(c) Her mother must have missed her.
(d) Nothing is her fault.
5. What is it about the poster of Frankfurt at the supermarket that makes the narrator uneasy?
(a) He doesn't like the people's not-watching-anything gaze.
(b) He is afraid of Germans.
(c) It looks cold.
(d) He gets chills when he sees tall, sharp spires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator find the Pool?
2. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
3. What was supposed to happen on the 2nd at noon?
4. What does the chubby girl say she can hear from the INKlings?
5. What does the librarian ask for in return for a favor at the library in Chapter 7?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)