|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Frankfurt, Door, Independent Operants | Chapter 14, Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is going down.
(b) He isn't moving.
(c) He is going up.
(d) He isn't sure.
2. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) Her food digesting.
(b) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(c) Her heartbeat.
(d) People talking in the hall outside.
3. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The coins in his pocket.
(b) The notes in the song he's whistling.
(c) The buttons on the elevator control panel.
(d) The holes in the ceiling.
4. Where does the narrator fall asleep at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) In the Library.
(b) At the Gate.
(c) In the Woods.
(d) Near the Pool.
5. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
(a) A sliver of wood.
(b) A nail.
(c) A shovel.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
2. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
3. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
4. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
5. What did the Gatekeeper say he was when showing the narrator his arsenal at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)