|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Frankfurt, Door, Independent Operants | Chapter 14, Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's shadow come to the storeroom to get as an excuse to see the narrator in Chapter 10?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A saw.
2. Where does the Librarian live?
(a) Beside the Old Bridge.
(b) In the Worker's Quarter.
(c) Beside the Clock Tower.
(d) In the Industrial Quarter.
3. What does the narrator first encounter on his map-making investigations?
(a) A crack in the wall.
(b) Old army barracks.
(c) The Western Woods.
(d) An abandoned mill.
4. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
(a) He can't imagine doing anything else.
(b) The pay is so good.
(c) He feels called to do his job.
(d) He doesn't mind the bureaucracy.
5. What does the Gatekeeper use to pierce the narrator's eyes in Chapter 4?
(a) A pencil.
(b) A blade.
(c) A flame.
(d) A laser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
2. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
3. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
4. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
5. Who calls and wakes the narrator up while he is sleeping after finishing his shuffling?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)