|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Frankfurt, Door, Independent Operants | Chapter 14, Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year does the narrator say it is at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Where does the librarian say the unicorn skull was lost while recounting the story of Professor Petrov in Chapter 9?
(a) In Stalingrad.
(b) In Leningrad.
(c) In Moscow.
(d) In the Ukraine.
3. The narrator begins Chapter 5 with a lengthy discussion about the quality of which object?
(a) A sofa.
(b) A skull.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A knife.
4. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He is going up.
(b) He is going down.
(c) He isn't moving.
(d) He isn't sure.
5. What does the narrator use to call up the End of the World?
(a) An eye-shifting pattern.
(b) A program-reversal pattern.
(c) A sound-cue pattern.
(d) A spoken-word pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
2. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
4. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
5. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)