|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Frankfurt, Door, Independent Operants | Chapter 14, Woods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Over the rainbow.
(b) In the tree.
(c) Under the river.
(d) Beyond the waterfall.
2. What does the old man say the future will be in Chapter 5?
3. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
(a) She doesn't smell good.
(b) She is chubby.
(c) She is loud.
(d) She talks a lot.
4. How does the Librarian feel about the Pool?
(a) It reminds her of painful memories.
(b) It reminds her of better days.
(c) She enjoys its calmness.
(d) She is afraid of it.
5. Why does the narrator say he has no intention of turning in his Calcutec qualifications in Chapter 11?
(a) The pay is so good.
(b) He feels called to do his job.
(c) He doesn't mind the bureaucracy.
(d) He can't imagine doing anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the scientists compare the mind to in explaining the use of his consciousness to the narrator in Chapter 11?
2. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's feelings for his shadow in Chapter 8?
3. What did the narrator loose upon arriving in the Town?
4. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
5. The skull from which the narrator is supposed to read the first dream in Chapter 6 is from what animal?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)