|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Appetite, Disappointment, Leningrad | Chapter 10, The Wall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel say will become of the narrator's shadow in Chapter 8?
(a) It will live its own life.
(b) It will escape.
(c) It will die.
(d) It will forget him.
2. What does the librarian try to get the narrator to hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) The sound of the cars passing below the window.
(b) Her food digesting.
(c) People talking in the hall outside.
(d) Her heartbeat.
3. Which variety of unicorn does the librarian say is the more tranquil variety?
(a) The Greek variety.
(b) The Indian variety.
(c) The Chinese variety.
(d) The Russian variety.
4. Where does the woman tell the narrator that he'll find her grandfather's lab?
(a) Over the rainbow.
(b) Under the river.
(c) In the tree.
(d) Beyond the waterfall.
5. Is the narrator going up or down in the elevator at the beginning of the story?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) He is going down.
(c) He isn't moving.
(d) He is going up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about the woman that he follows down the corridor?
2. What does the woman ask the narrator to put on at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. How does the narrator get home from the old man's office at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does the narrator count while in the elevator at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What object does the Gatekeeper use to make his point to the narrator that the Wall is perfect in Chapter 10?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)